Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 5 hours.

Doppelganger removed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sebryn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject:

Ah, hrm... never noticed that. My bad; I just thought you were smoking something. Laughing

0 0 0
Itiggidy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject:

not a prob.

0 0 0
Angelic Mortal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject:

obviously it wasn't or it would've been removed, it was too buggy, this is very old news... I trust the imms in charge know what they're doing, hence I don't see any reason to argue against their long ago decission, in fact I agree with them. You asked why, I told you what I believe was the reason.

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject:

No - the problem with it was that Clifton decided to intrude on the Justice cabal while doppeled... and the Justice guardian mobprog doesn't have a check or a means to check if the intruder is a doppel. So, Clif thought he'd be clever and get Justice to do his killing, instead of actually doing it himself.
Seems someone didn't like that. I'm still suprised they didn't just take it away from him and leave it for everyone else who hasn't abused it.

0 0 0
Itiggidy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject:

well thats the whole point of it isnt it. I believe if a justice looked at the who list before flagging he'd see two guys of the same name, and go after the one who was in the cabal room.. Look at it this way. this skill is to MAKE trouble for someone else or at least be able to cause trouble with a 50/50 chance of being flagged. if you doppled in order to attack in town or to attack a justice directly it would be the same thing wouldnt it?

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject:

Learn how the skill works before you flame its removal. You are wrong about how it works.

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject:

Itiggidy wrote:
if you doppled in order to attack in town or to attack a justice directly it would be the same thing wouldnt it?

Being jumped by a paladin (for example) with duplicates is slightly different than having the cabal guardian telling a Justice a specific name while the Justice is (often) nowhere near the cabal hall.
Also, neither the "who" nor "where" list shows an improper name. I.e., do what Res said.

0 0 0
Itiggidy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject:

well tell me how can someone use it if its removed. and if you dopple someone dont you get their name? isnt that why someone gets improperly flagged? so shouldnt there be two people of the same name going around?

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject:

The skill is removed, the point is lost.

0 0 0
Itiggidy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject:

it was the ultimate spell of illusionists. it was one of the main reasons I played one, and it had one of the more interesting RP aspects. this class is underused as it is. I bet it gets the axe now..

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Your stupidity is hurting my brain. Stop while you're... wait, you never were ahead. Just stop. Now. No more erroneous statements nor whining. You have no clue - stop pretending you have one. We don't want to hear it. Yes, we're all pissed about losing Doppelganger, but on the other hand, we're not stupid. Give up.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: