Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 12 hours.

Challenge update: Arena challenges for all

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abandoned Realms

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Challenge update: Arena challenges for all

The "CHALLENGE" command places a challenge upon your victim. If you are
a Warlord, this behaves as usual. If you are not, then you must be within
the Juggernaut's arena, and you and victim must be beyond the 35th rank.
Finally, leaving the arena breaks the special challenge, so to fulfill it,
the fight must be to the death.

Record is saved for everybody who takes part in challenges,
though there have been a few teething problems to work out.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject:

if you pk a herald in arena, no deathmark
if you pk a protected in arena, no contract

Basically everyone can duel just fine in the arena without incuring penalties.

Also, the Juggernaut should yell when challenges are issued (all challenges) and all conclusions. This is for all challenges.

Next step is probably to move it to Timaran and have Warlords dole out deathmarks for people who interfere in duels there, which means basically, get as high level as possible before you duel, coz the Warlord needs to be in pk to do anything about deathmark. I will post again when that becomes updated.

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject:

Thats pretty cool so now a deathmatch can be a real deathmatch and there will be no exp or con drops.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject:

Soldier wrote:
Thats pretty cool so now a deathmatch can be a real deathmatch and there will be no exp or con drops.

I'm sure he means penalties like auto-deathmarked for killing a herald, or contracted for killing a protected. Con drops and such are a part of any death, and I doubt they are excluded from the challenges.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject:

Yeah you will still lose con. But now its the Warlords enforcing fair duels so if they think you cheat, or you interfere, you'll get a deathmark. Which aint no pansy "two items will be confiscated" flag, its a team of Warlords on your butt. But remember, the Warlord prolly can't do anything if he isnt in their pk. So you should level up before duelling

edit: arena is now in timaran

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject:

A team of Warlord, 1 on 1 vs. you... if I remember right. You didn't let us gangbang anyone unless they entered the cabal grounds.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject:

That is before I did some work on the cabals and allowed that for the deathmarks. Right now can you only get a deathmark for pk a herald or capture of the warlord item. (capture = put it in an altar) So yes, there are Warlord gangbangs, but they require you to do something incredibly stupid to get one.

Figured the breaking arena duel terms would be enough too. But you have to level up to make sure you have Warlords in pk to enforce the deathmark. Anyway, lets wait and see how it works out.

0 0 0
Hilemal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject:

So does that mean no more duels in Seringale (sorry, don't have any active characters but still curious)

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject:

It means the Justice and Warlord cabal imms need to get around to updating their guidelines.... I would expect Justice forbids duels in Seringale, because none of them like to watch. But that is speculation at this point.

I still give advice but I dont dictate the cabal policies so I really dont know where its going to end up.

Remember, duelling in the arena is the only way to go on record for non-Warlord. Even if you fight a Warlord. So I recommend whining if you dont like the arena for whatever reason. Whining here. I want most you guys to be happy with this arena.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Is the forest still completely forest? If it is... can I have Saera back?

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject:

It's neutral grounds now. Fields. That arena in Seringale when it became city grounds was just retarded, most fighting goes on outside the city. I was hoping for an expanded arena, but since its still 1 on 1 for non warlords inside of it, it's understandable. Nothing like battlements though, cuz they suck.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: