Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 7 hours.

Weapon selections updated. Invokers gain shield block. New n

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abandoned Realms

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Weapon selections updated. Invokers gain shield block. New n

The illustrious and historied guild of invokers sends you our greetings,
we who have long studied the enchanting and lore of weapons. For those who
have not kept up with the news, one may deduce that certain guildmasters are
now training their members in the use of slightly different weapons. In
particular, my counterpart in the necromancer guild, Quazark, is now
teaching those under his charge the use of polearms and flails instead of
swords and whips. I for my part am training invokers under my charge in the
use of swords rather than whips. Also, invokers can now SHIELD BLOCK to
some extent, though I daresay my efforts to introduce this to our guild has
been met with very limited success. Still, every advance in physical
defenses for a mage is extremely worthwhile.

In a disturbing development, I regret to inform you that the ninja guild has
apparantly begun training male ninjas in the use of flails, and female ninjas
in the use of whips. The reason for this distinction eludes my understanding,
but I will certainly update you should I learn of the truth. Even more
alarming are two sample weapons discovered, identified as a NUNCHAKU and a
FAN. I have dispatched those learned in lore under my disposal to begin
compiling HELP NUNCHAKU and HELP FAN, but the full importance of these
discoveries, as well as the meaning of the schism in the ninja guild, is a
matter that will require much time and study to unravel.

Perhaps things will be made clear in the future. I pray for Thera's safety.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Wow thats dirty

Now this is some bullshit, the invokers get to learn swords and shield block while my illusionists get shafted with spell delay on haste, slow and slow when used in prismatic spray. Also the gods have removed ventriliquate, one of the illusionists most basic and entertaining spells. I don't mind that we cannot use swords or shields, just give us back our spells and untie our hands.

Grayden Grim standing up for the hand tied illusionists.

0 0 0
Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Another RP skill bites the dust. I'm getting the feeling that the Imps don't want this to be an RP MUD, more a PK MUD. Which stinks, because there's so much potential for RP.

0 0 0
Tayku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject:

By RP with ventril, you really mean fuck with newbies heads, right? I think thats more likely the reason it was removed...

or to avoid newbs doing things like,

Code:
Death says, I'm coming for you!!!

Cause we've all seen it.

0 0 0
Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject:

So a few idiots annoy people with the spell.

There's a ton of solutions around it, including implementing a skill/spell that allows people to see through ventriliquate like see invis.

Even if there's no skill/spell implemented, there's still no reason to remove a spell that can be very well used for lots of RP.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject:

Ok that is just not fair. It was me, and I said "Death says" Joucmn (who was me casting the spell) you cannot avoid me forever. Yes I used the spell alot to entertain my self and others but dont you think that using is not abusing, by saying it was being abused you are really saying that one person, me, actually used the spell that so many overlook.

If you bring back the spell i wont abuse(use) it ever again..... as joucmn.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody Fields of Flesh

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject:

The thin line that seperates invokers from paladins becomes ever the fainter.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject:

ok the death thing was a joke, death say "WHATEVER IN CAPS IT WAS A PLAY OFF OF TERRY PRATCHET BOOKS BUT NO ONE READS I GUESS." Consider this, if you really want to help the illusionist guild why dont you remove the forzen lag of death that you get from gating around, I have died twice becuase i could not fight flee or finish the spell you just sit there and die, it really sucks. So can we remove that frozen state of certain death please?

Grayden

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject:

The spell delay for haste is a relatively new thing (brought in within the last year). Before that, gating was instantaneous. No wait before casting and gating. Ills could gate in the middle of battle. Ills could jump between 5 areas in one minute. It was ridiculous. Try killing a guy that can do that. It's hard. Dirt kicking didn't do that much either, the ill used to just flee;word;run;gate. It is much better with the lag, it gives people fighting ills a chance to finish them off before they are halfway accross the realms.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I don't think your understanding: an illusionist has parry, and gets to choose from whip and dagger. So with the new combat system you attack them with a spear and dual a dagger. No matter what his parry is now no good.... so they need to run from fights and you have taken away there running power and gave them a lag if you get scratched you cannot move, cannot finish the spell, cannot flee, cannot cast, just wait to die. this is not a fair thing.

Grayden Grim

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Neither is being able to gallivant around the realms with no delay.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Grayden I've played a few ills in my time. A few level 50's without the spell delay, and one with the spell delay. I have to say I like the delay a lot better, from every perspective. When fighting an ill, it helps you to defeat him. When playing an ill, it makes escaping harder. Really, it's no fun if all you have to do is dupe, attack, gate, dupe, attack, gate. Now you have to dupe, attack, run, gate. Not a lot different but at least it's changed up a little.

You said ills get parry, dagger, and whip. They actually get much more than that. Illusionists get parry, dagger, whip, blur, access to potions/scrolls/staves (giving them many, many additional spells including healing) and 3 *strong* hasted charmies that can rescue.

Even with all those things used to their fullest potential won't bring an illusionist anywhere close to a fighting class when it comes to defense, but that's not their strength. An ill's main strength is offense. Go in, guns blazing and try to take him down. If the battle looks like it's going bad just get out of there. Don't wait until you are down to 100hp and 1 dupe to run, abort the mission if you are down to 60% hp and he's not even scratched. That should give you lots of time to run and find a safe place to gate from. Note that I said 'safe place'. Try to run several areas away before you gate. Wording and then going into the sewers does not constitute as a 'safe place', nor does 1 area away from where the combat took place.

I understand why illusionists are feely the envy bug right now, why wouldn't they, other classes are getting tons of new and exciting features! Just don't give up on them yet, the lack of new features for them just shows that they were strong enough to compete with anything all along.

0 0 0
Simpleton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject:

I have to totally agree with Kalist on this one. The whole dupe, haste, gate, and I getting your arse kicked gate, slow, sleep. Then start the process over is dam annoying. Zrakkalon was the master at it and called of rounds like it was a dam boxing match or something. Illuisonist are not meant to stand in toe to toe with anyone trading blows. There are like the old japanese kamikaze that sneak in and drop a massive damage real fast.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject:

Someone roleplay a Kamikaze !!!!!!!!!!111ONE

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: