Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 6 hours.

Reaping blade, rend life, toxic flux, acid blast.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abandoned Realms

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reaping blade, rend life, toxic flux, acid blast.

REAPING BLADE: Creates a reaper's weapon that grows in power when the
necromancer makes kills using a strike from the weapon.

REND LIFE: Allows a necromancer to use his reaper's weapon as well as his
equipped damroll to inflict damage. Can regenerate the necromancer when
used to make killing blow.

TOXIC FLUX: Delivers a stream of devastating poison that's especially
strong against creatures, but players who make successful maledictive
receive no damage.

ACID BLAST: Now greatly dependent on necromancer level and afflictive
savebreak.

STRENGTH DAMNED: Required casting level raised to 46th.

The following spells are no longer available: chill touch, curse weapon,
and shatter.

For more details, refer to 'help '.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject:

What are the negatives of this update? Is acid blast gay now?

I know strength of the damned (?) is harder to get now, and the three spells are removed. Anything else?

0 0 0
Ashr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject:

What are the negatives?

Well, I just lost strength damned and shatter, and my acid blast may or may not suck now.

That's kind of a huge setback. I know vamp touch rocks now, and maybe the new stuff does too, but the loss of shatter and strength damned is enough to make me cry like a little girl.

Not to mention that acid blast may suck for me now.

Haven't tried the new stuff, though.

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject:

Casters are getting nerfed left and right.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject:

Why do people insist on looking at the negatives before the positives? Chill Touch was barely used, Curse Weapon was nearly obsolete with the combat changes, Shatter wasn’t exactly a stable either. Necromancers with their overpowered acid blast (especially around 35) was always a problem and I've been waiting for a fix now for years. And necromancers gain what seems like a nice ranking spell.

**edit
I forgot to mention that strength of the damned just had its level increased, it was not removed.

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject:

Its actually very simple, when the negatives outweigh the positives people usually concentrate on the negatives.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

That implies people consider both the negatives and postivies which is not happening here.

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject:

I actually think they are, but if someone muggs you but after that gives you a cookie, what do you do?

0 0 0
Ashr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, that stuff necros just lost, whatever it was, it can stay gone.

Unless there's something severely wrong with Reaping Blade, it is the coolest thing imaginable. It's even great enough that I don't miss strength damned so much.

(Also, toxic flux is reasonably spectacular)

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

If you have any points to back up that claim, make them. We'll be happy to set the record straight for you. Otherwise, please don't troll the forums.

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Can you atleast grease me up next time you bend me over?? call me honey or something???
NO FREAKING HELLSTREAMING THIEVES AGAIN ON THESE CHANGES AND I DIDNT GET MY COOKIE!!!
Now I know your busy and all, what with the Darkwing Duck names (lets get dangerous!) presbyterian???? are you freaking serious??? lol. But come on how hard can it be to come up with a logical fantasy reason thieves should get this skill.
You see It all started when Viggsy was lumping the shit out of Dummynoise ever chance he got and was starting to get all big headed.. (big headed Duergar?) and thought he could run with the big dogs. So I started hanging with Insom and Nymeses and Clif's Illusionist, Sorry Cliffy cant remeber his name at this moment. but he kicked ass!!!
So we do a winter run for that Nimbus thingy, well we got it but some Legions helped us and the DAMN DAMN Invoker asked to Id the damn thing and he damn recalled with it and stole it..
SOOOOOOO
we go invade the cable.. me Litttle ole Viggsy on a cable run HA!!!
Well they log off so we cant get it back ,, Few days later the Invoker who I was friends with says to me ,, Hey ,, I learned a new trick but you have to be sleeping for the creature to come out or something like that ,, and Well Viggs was an Idiot so I sleeps ,, He Fairey Fogs me and HELLSTREAMS THE FREAKING HELL OUT OF ME!!!! ,,, Blood shrined my battered corspe. and says to me ,,
"Next time do not invade my cable"
Soooo I was thinking Hellstream me Ill hellstream you you somebitch!!!
but Ohhh no Viggsy cant do no freaking hellstream ,, Hell bastard couldnt even was himself without Sebryns and that Goathumping Tork!!!
You know ,, I think I digressed
freaking stoners

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject:

theobserver wrote:
Why do people insist on looking at the negatives before the positives?

Because I never play necros, I always play goods, so they're always attacking me. I'd rather hear about the positive things for me, then the positive things for them.

Necros suck.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Wurensi.

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Wurensi!!!! FRICKING A!!! Ahhh the old days , but yea Necros got changed, There back on topic. They should be able to do stuff to dead things

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject:

They can...

They can animate corpses....

That's somethin.

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject:

The changes look great, having played a necromancer myself before (I sucked terribly.) I played a necro before protective shield blocked dirt kick.. which I cried about frankly, it woulda saved my ass a few times.

Necro's aren't nerfed, the stuff they took away you never really use at 50. Strength damned sucks a little for the niche killers, but go fuck yourself.

Now on to my COMPLAINT!!!1111

Now, I haven't played a necro since most of these changes so maybe I just need to be brought up to speed on this.. but has any of these changes, or are there changes in the future, to make RANKING a necromancer just a little bit easier?

It's fine to be nerfed up until 46-50, but getting there has always been especially difficult for non-OOC necros. I'm curious about this toxic flux, that new protection spell change, I don't know how they factor in.

I agree the game should be played at 50, just wondering if Necro's could be cut a little slack on getting there? Just a little?

p.s. them being the scariest at that rank makes it easy to see why it should be harder for them.. but, still.

0 0 0
Davor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Viggs wrote:
Can you atleast grease me up next time you bend me over?? call me honey or something???
NO FREAKING HELLSTREAMING THIEVES AGAIN ON THESE CHANGES AND I DIDNT GET MY COOKIE!!!............

When did they start putting caffeine into crack?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

All this discussion about thieves with hellstream is fun and all, but it takes the spotlight away from what AR really needs the most - exploding midgets.

Think about it. We can spend years working on new ideas for necromancer to make them viable and balanced, or we can just make one simple change - replace the flesh golem with an exploding midget. All that needs to be done then is the necromancer casts teleport to detonate it, levelling his opponents and killing himself with eq spread all over Winter in the process. Everyone will fear necromancers.

Or what about those running gags gnome thieves? Simple. What they need is a racial legacy to wire themselves up with dynamite, so that when they die, they explode (spreading their eq all over Winter, of course) and take everyone out with them. Nobody will doubt the fortitude of gnome thieves ever again.

Exploding midgets - get ready to step up and play with the big boys.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:

I won't be happy until rangers can call killer rabbits.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:

killer rabbits that are only defeatable by the holy hand grenade, now located in knights' altar, of course Razz

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: