Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 3 hours.

Reaping blade, rend life, toxic flux, acid blast.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gomer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Way off topic but Davairus brought it up.

Exploding midget would be sweet. I think we could work them into the circus as .... just mdgets that walk around and then the crazy clown could blow them up, kinda like the cannon, or they could be a new ride(?) and then the clown could blow them up like the juggling thing.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Yes! The rabbit! With the sharp pointy teeth! But in all honesty, the new changes have not nerfed Necros at all. Haven't bothered to play one yet, but in watching, they seem just the same, with some tweakage added to the way you play them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:

I think it's like this; necros are now MUCH stronger at lower ranks (rend life kicks ass early on) and a bit weaker at higher ranks because
a) you need decent damroll to get rend life as powerful as acid blast was, thus loosing out on hp and saves
b) loss of shatter and
c) vampiric touch is totaly useless without savebreak EQ (and if you wear savebreak EQ that means one less HP/dam roll equipment)

oh, and

d) the new limit on sleep spamming.

On the upside, however, people can't save against rend life

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject:

They don't loose strength at higher levels. you just have to play them semi intelligently. Just like pallys. I like to play paladins, and them looseing cure crit pissed me off. I went out and tried a char after the changes to see the effects, and yeah it's different, but it is doable. Just not the old cheesy way I liked. But that dosen't mean they were nerfed or are any less strong. Just have to play them differently. Same with necros.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:

I just pointed out 4 ways in which the necromancer has been weakened, but you claim this is not the case. Perhaps you should give one or two ways in which the necromancer has been compensated then, to make your case?

(For the record, i think these changes are for the best. Taking away necros cheese killing ability can only be a good thing, but it makes them weaker in my eyes, and i think you should have atleast one point to back up your counter-statement)

0 0 0
Daodus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject:

been away for a good while, but I decided to throw in my two or three cents because I've still got three or so high ranked necromancers left and I played them mostly back in the day. Necromancers are an aggressive mage, and the way I've always preferred to play them, and alot of others throughout time, is warrior type. This just helps me out. I recommend you get your reaper's weapon full power, and get in full damage eq, and try that and and then TRY to complain. It fucking rules, in my opinion.

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject:

If that was aimed at me, you obviously didn't read my post. I am not complaining. I am simply saying that necromancer's are a bit weaker at the higher ranks for precisely the reason that you are now required to play in a warrior-like outfit. I think this is a GOOD thing and I am playing a necromancer now for exactly that reason. It is your right to rubbish my earlier post but please, try to counter the points i made (that suggest a slightly weaker necro) or point out some other ways that the necro has improved to compensate (i have already mentioned the un-saveable rend life) if you are going to suggest that they have not been weakened at all.

I think the necromancer has been weakened out of neccessity, along with other classes (dark knights losing dodge, shaman's losing enhanced damage, thieves getting a generaly unpleasant time of it.). You say there has been no weakening. I'm not saying your wrong, but you have made no attemt at an argument to win me over.

0 0 0
Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject:

ok for one rend life is very powerful and if you arnt complaining then shut up not to be rude but they have gotten stronger in the low ranks and they stayed the same for the high ranks they were always one of the classes you had to watch out for in the later ranks and the zombies and golems are/were the main damage factor now with rend life you can put a 50/50 were you hit hard and dispel for your pets

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject:

This thread has been full of people asking about what necros like now and other poeple commenting on the changes, which is all I was doing. As for 'if you're not complaining then shut up'...well...
a) I was adressing an issue other people have already asked about and
b) Why should we only allow complaints on this forum? People were asking about the changes to necros, i said 'well i think its like this' and just happened to comment that i agree with the changes.

Oh, and you confused me a little by saying 'they stayed the same for the high ranks' and then immediately saying 'and the zombies and golems are/were the main damage factor now with rend life you can put a 50/50 were you hit hard and dispel for your pets' which, if i'm not mistaken is a change. Not only are you contradicting yourself but you are alos only making points that i've already made.

Of course, i wish i hadn't said anything now.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject:

Ryu wrote:
ok for one rend life is very powerful and if you arnt complaining then shut up not to be rude but they have gotten stronger in the low ranks and they stayed the same for the high ranks they were always one of the classes you had to watch out for in the later ranks and the zombies and golems are/were the main damage factor now with rend life you can put a 50/50 were you hit hard and dispel for your pets

Aren't you new? How would you know how they were changed?

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject:

nice call clifton. I wouldn't have thought much about it.

0 0 0
Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject:

its called reading Clifton knowlage is power the more you know the quicker and easier you can overcome thier strength and weakness

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
knowlage is power

rofl, was that intentional?

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Noob's be quiet till they know what they are talking about or Tork will turn you into a Goat, Then He will get behind you and take your two back legs and put them inside his Boots and "help you over the fence" then you will give birth to a little goatboy whos first words will be. " You Mothered a Goatboy. Kinda makes not shooting off your mouth a better Idea Aye GoatBirther!!"

0 0 0
m1co

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject:

In my opinion, necros are even more powerful now, just for me, as i figured out a perfect strategy how to play necros and own silly ones;)

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Ryu, basically what their saying is that you're new to the game (or is it just new to the forum?) and the game mechanics. The helpfiles don't always include everything (like round time, when to use it, the necessary pros and cons of using the skill). Thus, you haven't earned the authority to try and imprint your opinion to someone asking for help. It's like a cadet entering the army and trying to tell everyone how to properly reload a gun without much training (even if you've ready the manual inside and out). ..You're going to end up "shooting yourself in the foot" because you don't know the feel of the gun or little details that come to you from (experience) handling guns. Know what I mean? And on top of that you'd not be taken seriously for a long while by your peers (who are more experienced) for trying to come in like you know everything.

Rend life is only able to be used with using the reaping blades. Rend life's damage is based on damroll. To equip in damroll means VERY crappy hp (the standard hp of necros) for the necro. So, a necro can deal out CRUCIAL damage because if he's not EXTREMELY careful he can be two rounded even in the high twenties/low thirties by a heavy damage wo-yah (warrior) or fighter type.

So reaping blade's charging power + rend life is balanced by sacrificing crucial health from wearing damroll thus likely not to wear save breaks because of existing crappy hp that they aren't going to further reduce with save breaks.

So I see it as two roads that a necro can take instead of just the old one road of getting health and breaks (recently added) and hope for the best. Much like deciding to be more supportive and dependant on charmies versus dispensing death from your own hands. The new way is very good for stand-alone necros who aren't afraid to risk health.

0 0 0
Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:

i know im not the best of the best but from reading logs and help files i know a little and knowing alittle is better than knowing nothing and im not trying to say i know everything from what i have read necros can add damroll for rend life and save break along with health to dispel and then rend life (dispel for charmies) not really sure how well that might work cause I havent tried a necro and mages are alittle out of my range right now but once I get better i will try that

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject:

People who don't use punctuation make my brain bleed.

Life is not a run on sentence!

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject:

Correct baer, it has to end sometime.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject:

Don't know why but I think I just wasted 15min reading this whole pile of useless commentary junk.. why not actually rank a necro to 50 then talk, rather than talk about how necros are this and that without real knowledge.

False knowledge is so easy to gain.. but wisdom comes with experience.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: