Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 13 hours.

Reaping blade, rend life, toxic flux, acid blast.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:

pretty sure Ryu is darkfire

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:

I concur

0 0 0
Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject:

yeah sure why not call me what you want but just because you call me one thing doesn't mean I am that, people as a whole are stupid anyways

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

"People as a whole are stupid anyways."

Compared to what? Dolphins? Or you?

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject:

By the way, has rend life been changed again very recently? I was just playin a new, low level necro and rend life has been doing consistantly less damage than my normal attacks. Maybe it's more based on level now?
Or maybe i'm just imagining it...

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

We fixed a bug that accidentally doubled the damage contribution from the reaper's weapon to rend life. Remember, the damage from rend life depends on both the power of your reaper's weapon AND your equipped damroll. This explains why rend life has been doing more damage than originally designed, especially at lower levels (where hardly anyone has any damroll yet).

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

If it was dampened a little, would be because the damage it used to do at low level was tremendous and was hard to stand up to, so that equals lots of little lowbie trash.

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Rend life was doing crazy damage; it was alarming how quickly one could get it up to demolishes and devastates. The change seems to be pretty severe though...my dam roll is only in the low teens, but it is still very frustrating to see 'hits' and even 'grazes' on rend life.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

MrCarb wrote:
my dam roll is only in the low teens

Which means your damroll contribution to rend life is completely negligible. If you're going to rend seriously, boost it to 20+ damroll at the very least. You'll need well over 50 damroll to max out rend life damage (and before you scoff, I can name over a half-dozen recent mages and clerics who have had 50+ damroll, including at least two still-active ones).

MrCarb wrote:
it is still very frustrating to see 'hits' and even 'grazes' on rend life

If you have no damroll to speak of, then you'll need more levels for a stronger reaper's weapon. As a comparison, how much damage did chill touch used to do at your level?

As you level up, be sure to try creating a new reaper's weapon from time to time to see if you can create more powerful ones as well. Since you'll be killing stronger and stronger mobs as you level up, it should be rather trivial to enhance your new reaper's weapon beyond your old one.

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

Yea, everything you say is true. I'm just sore because a few days ago necromancers were easy to solo rank out of the low levels and now its not so. But I suppose they're just not meant to do that sort of thing.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject:

LOl yeah reaping blade is great. This one time, there was this group a necromancer wanted to get into, so he attacked and completely stomped this illusionist. Later, the illusionist comes back and even with sanc, get stomped again because colour spray was only doing decimates and wounds to an unsanced necro, and hob spark did better, but too bad the necro resisted it a lot. through sanc this necros regular attacks were decimates, and rend life was even better. I had to lmao, cause the illus was so helpless.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: