Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 10 hours.

Guild points (experience boosts)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Guild points (experience boosts)

As you are all already know, the regularly spaced SURGE helps people to meet up for ranking and provide a means for casual players to keep up with the hardcore ones in the race for level 50. To complement this, we are announcing a new addition to our exp mechanic - guild points. This is a way to earn a "personal surge" you can have whenever you like.

How do I get these points?
A guild point is earned in "off-surge" time. This time can be thought of as, (A) its not surge, and (B) its not *near* a surge endpoint. (Begin or End) All you have to do is be logged in. This earns you standing with your guild, for you are "representing" them in the realms. You can earn 1 point per day.

How long should I play?
To obtain a guild point, you simply play 30 consecutive minutes of time on any given day. Do note that quitting out and returning will reset this timer. It must all be played in one go. If you lose link, that won't reset the timer, but the linkdead time is not counted. Once you have played the full 30 minutes, then that timer is "locked" and you can come back tomorrow (or some other day) to begin working on another point.

How do I check its been long enough?
You do not need to return to guildmaster at all during this time, but if you want to check you have indeed earned your points, that is how to do so. As long as you completed the first guild quests of course, so that he doesn't decide he has something more important to say. Consider that an incentive to finish that quest, instead of waiting to whore the exp bonus..

How do I cash in my points?
After 3 guild points have been earned, then the guildmaster of your guild will offer you the reward. Just type ACCEPT. You can cash it in any time you like, but you cannot earn any further points after reaching 3.

What do I get?
You get a "guild reward". A "personal" surge describes this best. Enhanced experience, and enhanced learning, exactly the way the surge describes it. This lasts for 1 hour of time logged in, including time spent linkdead. However, it may only be activated in "off-surge" time. If you log out, you will lose the remainder of the time.

This entered the game two days ago, so some people have already attained 2 points. You could be recieving your first guild reward as early as tomorrow. Have a nice wait...

p.s. Let me know if your guild doesn't work, I've tested it with a few of them, and assumed the rest of them are working fine from there.

Last edited by Davairus on Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject:

That's one pet peeve down, now I just need to get rid of you guys..

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

How can we tell how many we have? points that is

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Just as a reminder: these "guild points" are rewards for those who log in during off-surge times. The more frequently you do so (though no more than one guild point per day), the more you'll get rewarded for it. Note that we're trying to reward casual playing (i.e. more frequent play with the same character) instead of rewarding power players pulling 8-hour mud marathons or juggling 5 different characters. This also means that your character can be doing something productive simply by logging in and staying on.

So even if you don't find a group right away during those off-surge times, stick around for a bit and you'll be able to work your way toward a "personal surge" that can be redeemed once you do find a group.

Combining guild point bonuses with surges means that you can have up to 6 surge opportunities per week, instead of 4.

Last edited by Burzuk on Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Awesome..

Compared to surge, which I think is a flat 200% increase in experience, what is this "personal" surge's increase?

Correct me if I'm wrong...

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Guild points (experience boosts)

Davairus wrote:

You get a "guild reward". A "personal" surge describes this best. Enhanced experience, and enhanced learning, exactly the way the surge describes it.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject:

I love it. I wrote up a big post trying to think of every question that might be asked, and he serves that. Anyway, I chose the word "surge" because its just like that.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject:

I think it is a great incentive for those whom wish to join a guild, but what about the Chaotic Neutral people who have no guild to join. You should allow the wild balance ones to earn points just for playing during a non surge, or maybe make a nomad/wanderlust unguild lol.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody Fields of Flesh

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject:

You love it because you get to make a sarcastic rejoinder?

Anyway, want a better question? Let's say I log on at 11:40PM on the 1st of a month, by the time 12:10AM of the 2nd rolls around, my half an hour is up.

Do I get a credit for the 1st or 2nd of the month, or does the clock reset at midnight?

Is this time server time, I imagine, which makes it?? Eastern US time?

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject:

This is really cool and all, but is there any reward for pinnacles? Like free money or something?

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Maybe for every hour for pinnacle (following the same rules as for pre- pinnacle) they gain a point. After five points they gain increased training?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject:

The bonus includes training rate.

And as for the midnight issue... I decided to leave it. So you can keep playing to finish your half hour, but if you want to start another you'd have to log out and return.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject:

ok, I actually read the big long post, and I think this is a good question.

How do you "cash in" your points? Can you do it any time you want, and just keep them in storage? Can I just use some command right before I start ranking?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

Keep posting questions, I'll just update the first post to answer them, same as with the crafting post.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject:

Grayden wrote:
I think it is a great incentive for those whom wish to join a guild, but what about the Chaotic Neutral people who have no guild to join. You should allow the wild balance ones to earn points just for playing during a non surge, or maybe make a nomad/wanderlust unguild lol.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody Fields of Flesh

Are we talking about some kind of guild I don't know about? Not just the Warrior/Paladin/etc guilds?

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
That's one pet peeve down, now I just need to get rid of you guys..

I actually have some interesting ideas of how you can accomplish that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject:

Grayden, by guilds it means guildhalls, not cabals.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject:

Mummy wrote:
This is really cool and all, but is there any reward for pinnacles? Like free money or something?

As of now, if you're pinnacle, then any "exp" you recieve is now in gold. So for instance, suppose you did surge shire. Those mobs would be about 200 gold each in a group of 3. Remember if you're fleeing from mobs that you won't get gold bonus - this is just an incentive for 50's to help out with group of 2 non-50's.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Seems that it's been addressed already, but I'd just like it in black and white, this guild surge also increases monster gold drops? Just yes or no, please Smile .

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:

At 50 it affects gold drops, not item drops. Pre-50 it affects exp. and skill gain.

Having just experienced this guild point thing for the first time I got to say, awesome.awesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesome.awesome,awesomeawesomeawesomeawesome,awesome..awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: