Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

AR's mindset/atmosphere
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you prefer...
everything to be much more bloodthirsty and harsh even if it makes for "unfair" pk situations?
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
people to be more respectful of each other (i.e. fighting on even odds, no trash multikilling, etc.)?
45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
perpetuating a harsh environment until your opponent earns your respect?
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
things to stay as they are?
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 24

Erlwith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Largely, I think the current situation is because the character in question wasn't given an opportunity to defend himself/refute in game. He was brought on, uninducted, then logged off by an Imp.

Be that as it may, it isn't or at least shouldn't be for the peanut gallery to respond to and judge. Frankly, it should be between Pip and Dav because I'm sure a bunch of people telling Dav he's a tyrant, etc. isn't going to make anything better for Pip. I know Pip feels slighted, I might too, but since neither you nor I, nor anyone (save the 2 involved) knows the whole story why are we speculating as to why this person is mad and why that person is mad? Still, I'm not trying to turn this string into 'A Better Idea for Increasing the Playerbase pt2', I only mentioned the string to highlight the animosity between players, and between players and staff.

Quote:
With that said, I'm not saying I approve or even like the oftentimes blatant connections made at level 1, but even when people try to do everything on the low, by the book, with no ooc help at all, invariably it will all come down to coincidence and most people having easily recognized playstyles.

I don't mean to sound brash but that’s just crap, blaming playstyles is just an excuse to make up for laziness in keeping your identity a secret. Sure you may have certain things you do or say, but if you make the conscious effort not to do/say them then presto it works like magic. It might take some time to think up an original identity for a character, but if you take that time and keep with it people aren't going to be able to recognize you so easily and you can trust me on that. Especially if that character is nothing like your real self. It really isn't that hard to be incognito imo, but if you're logged into MIRC chatting and there's only 4 people in AR and you just posted on the boards, people are probably going to get a hint to who you play. A while ago Dav posted something to the extent of how not to have your spot blown more or less when it comes to keeping your char secret, and I personally took it to heart which might be part of the reason no one knows who I play now. Look at Groq who has been playing for years and years, known by most if not all the playerbase... yet how many people knew he was playing Paelgrim? Very few, if any. Even Dav can manage to keep his alts mostly secret and he's been playing longer than the majority, so what really is your excuse?

I'm not perfect, no one is. I'm only saying that if we actually want AR to become a populated game that we all enjoy again, we have to be willing to stop blaming anything and everyone else for things and start taking the initiative to improve things ourselves, even if it is only our own outlook on the game and our interactions with one another.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject:

The key to not having your character's identity discovered is to play dark. Don't go on mirc, don't go on aim, don't go on the forum. It's super easy to tell who a person is if they log on aim at the exact same time player X logs on AR.

I think a Pwipe would be cool. That would give the IMMS a chance to start the cabals from scratch and run them the way they would like them to function from the moment they induct their very first person.

It would be fun (but likely impractical) to have 4 teams on AR (cabals) and then have a school-yard draft with 4 captains. Each captain gets to pick 4 players, and that makes up the cabals (each cabal gets 5 people). Anyone not picked has to go cabal-less or lacky. This wouldn't ever happen (it would kind of be insanely OOC) but in my head it seems like it would be fun.

As for Pip VS Dav....I think that when a mortal is unhappy with an Imm's decision he can appeal to another (higher ranked or equal if implementor) Imm. For instance, if I was slain by Vanisse and really pissed about it, I could appeal to Davairus. If Dav found in my favour, death + eq is restored. If he finds in Vanisse's favour, character denied. I guess in this situation the only person Pip could have appealed to is Burzuk but the decision likely wouldn't arrive for some time and Burzuk likely has a lot more trust in Dav's judgement than he does in the argument of any mortal.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I dunno at the same time it is "dav's game" (for the most part) and its a privilege not a right to be able to play, so if he decided he didn't like any of us and wanted to play with just himself, he could do that. There are many days where i just can't play ar because i have other responsibilities that come first. Is that fair? No, but thats because its a privilege not a right.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: