Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Keeper opens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Slade wrote:
Or just try putting it in a sack..

I haven't settled into much of an opinion about Keepers yet, but random thoughts: I'm not big on anti-rare being too strong of a driving force behind Keepers; this does not make one a threat. If a Tiqa type manages to collect 20 rares then either good, evil, or independents will take them from her soon enough. If you try to avoid one group (protection/oath) you just further annoy the others - there are always enemies for you. Keepers are just one more pile on. Rather, it would be better if rating was more of a factor. Real threats to gen pop either a) have an above average rating and enough rares, or b) have an above average rating and have personally contributed to some level of ongoing cabal dominance.

This is a great idea on how to deal with the Danger flag on those who aren't really a danger, though I am sure there are some loop holes that could/would be exposed here...and I am sure we will hear them in all of their typical glory soon enough.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject:

That loophole has been badly abused by everyone that would be at a Keeper's attention. There have been steps to correct this, i.e. if you're seen a danger and confronted by a Keeper, you will be asked to sac the item in front of the Keeper, or give the item to the Keeper. Doesn't solve all problems, but it helps some.

The "easiest" solution (for the cabal) is to have the issue hardcoded so that inventory items are checked as well. I think this has become less necessary with the change from Danger status now reflecting the level of the rares because no one worth their salt is going to walk around with an unequipped stetson just to dodge Keepers. (Winter gear will get you attention wayyyyy before a white gold bracelet)

Anti-rare isn't the strongest driving force behind Keepers either, it's just the one eveyone pays the most attention too because it affects them directly the most. The dominance amongst cabals (Keeper's 1st priority) is moreso determined by the lethality of the cabal (rating) than cabal numbers or dedicated log time (adds to it, but not the determinant). The month before all the Legions were kicked out they were mostly unseen as compared to Knights and active Justice, and only 5 in number yet were the dominating cabal. Once Legion was ejected the direction turned to Justice, now it's on Knights.

People don't seem to pay attention to that since it seems most that complain about Keepers aren't caballed. But a Keeper's most welcome once that hurting side gets their help, i.e. Legion this time. I would say all sides except maybe Justice have gotten balanced assistance from the Keepers outside of ranking.

I do agree with the idea of exposing the Danger flag to those with high ratings, but that would eventually danger flag people who don't even use many rares, and that's not the point behind Keeper. If you are strong in and of yourself (let's say you're owning everyone in mithril armor or low/non-rare set), you won't be bothered because your skill alone is giving you victory. Keepers address hoarders (2nd priority) whether they fight all the time or not because that's necessary, if you defeat a Keeper in your rares, you deserve to hold them a little while longer, if not, you don't.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: