Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

auction bids now global

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: auction bids now global

So since the numbers are low, and even less at any time in a town, making this inconveneint... I made "bid" work everywhere. Its like sending a tell to the auctioner anyway.

If you want to collct your item you will still have to return to town, but otherwise, feel free to bid.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject:

Also added an auction channel which is available when there is an active auction. That way you can advertise your item's stats if you think you need to. Remember any misuse of channels is an immediate slay if you're caught.

auction <argument>

use submit / auctions / bid, to browse through the auction list and add to it, as usual.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject:

dude very sweet touch. I like that auction channel is back, just watch out for the spammers Shocked

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject:

picpen wrote:
... I like that auction channel is back, just watch out for the spammers Shocked

Davairus wrote:
Remember any misuse of channels is an immediate slay if you're caught.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Another great change. You're on a roll this week Dav.

0 0 0
Niusan
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject:

The old auction channel is back, very nice. Will people be able to see this while sleeping like the old days or no?

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject:

Thanks for making 'bid' work everywhere. That is great! Sometimes I am a bit lazy to run all the way back to town to see if I might want to buy it.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject:

Really good addition seen it working pretty well, and no abuses yet. Hopefully it keeps working this smooth it's nice to watch.

0 0 0
Niusan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject:

Answered my question. Auction cannel cannot be heard while sleeping, like the old days. Thanks Dav

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject:

iolo wrote:
Another great change. You're on a roll this week Dav.

Uh yeah.. I tried actually playing the game. *cough* Its a great way to find out what's not working very well...

I have been changing bits and bobs here and there,like, one of the things was the ruby-hilted dagger preventing you from recalling, which I swapped to preventing you from recalling ONLY WHILE YOU WIELD IT, which is bad enough as it is, since removing it massively poisons you. Non-useable uniques and non-levellable levelling areas is fail. I also made sure the leather shop will buy leather/cloth material stuff, even if it is "type armor". It was pretty silly that he wouldnt buy imperial armor from grand thalos, even though the whole set is leather.... in fact, I am just going to go ahead and change the entire set of brass gear to leather for this purpose. I would like people to be able to gamble at that store in that unfortunate low/mid 20's range where you can't really do much besides low level quests and wait for a group, and Anga is the first random shop the quests introduce you to. Plus I dont mind sending people looking for a gear upgrade to a place which I notice gets scripted Very Happy

edit: didnt change brass girth because was in chromatic metals , will ask Olyn put a new item on the prism dragon in catacombs for this purpose, i'm not that bothered otherwise.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: