Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 12 hours.

energy drain tweak from weak

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: energy drain tweak from weak

I've increased the mv reduction component of the spell because the players end up at level 50 with 400 mv base and regenning 50 mv per tick sleeping. energy drain meanwhile reduced approximately its level in move cost. You should be able to appreciate that the more a player levels up, the more easily he can shrug off some of the attacker's energy drains, if not, i'll ruin it .. ..its because the energy drain only keeps up with the increased regen, but doesn't take into account the much larger base mv pool. in fact, once every 8 levels, you've gained enough additional mv to shrug off another. I did not want to vastly overpower the spell or anything, but it did some more juice to seem a legitimate spell at level 50. One of the major factors that made me want to modify this was the spell being increased to a steep 35 mana cost. Expect it to drain around 80 moves at level 50 which I think will be more difficult to ignore and make you wish it is not so easy to land. Your comfort zones, are about to be invaded...

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject:

hmm, to me this will make necros (which are already stout) even more so. 90% of the time your only option is to run from a necro that dishes out 100-200+ damage a round. With this, you lose your option to run. I know its maledictive and chances are you will have a lot of mal saves fighting a necro anyway. not bashing the change, just putting my perspective in. maybe i'm looking at it wrong, but it doesnt seem like it.

Thanks for the updates none the less.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm so glad something was finally done with this spell - thanks Dav.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Your comfort zones, are about to be invaded...

He means your butthole. ( o )

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Energy drain used to be a pimp spell that shamans were using on warriors at niche levels, then was rendered ineffective by the "auto max stat roll" that was put in, so everyone had extra mvs as a warrior with the extra trains, then the spell cost increase.

Really glad to see this spell made useful again. Now the plague/poison/energy drain combo will work properly.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject:

picpen wrote:
I'm so glad something was finally done with this spell - thanks Dav.

Yes Yy

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject:

I can't see a necro chasing after anyone whose prepared spamming energy drain. Although I would argue, if they did, it would be perfectly fine because they are MAGES and they lack any form of lag anymore. They are not healers do not expect that class to suffer the same amount of trouble running their guy down. Like Resatimm said, you have to combo the spells together , which is part luck, part preparation or lackof on your opponents part. And like many other spells, load up on mal save and you almost dont have to worry about it. It would definitely be a bad idea to spam energy drain against a high mal save opponent. (Can a necro outdamage a warrior in mal saves using just pets+rend? I think its probably very close)

I'd be more worried about energy drain coming from a class like a DK, although that's a class that can be shut down with bash/trip.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject:

Like Dav said, a class like dark-knight would be able to really take advantage of this, because if you're fighting a necro you can just use flight potions and not lose much advantage, but if you're fighting a dark-knight using flight would put you at a disadvantage.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: