Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

"Change" to cabal item retrieval

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: "Change" to cabal item retrieval

From now on you can now sacrifice (sac) your cabal item to return it to your altar. Sacrificing a cabal item is only possible if the item belongs to your own cabal, so do not bother trying to sacrifice other people's cabal items. If you do sacrifice your item, keep in mind that your item will be out of the game for at least FOUR HOURS (thisduration is only a placeholder, and can be easily updated as deemed reasonable) and you will have no cabal powers during that time, as well as any other problems that are caused by having no cabal powers. Depending on the circumstances, you should still usually wish to just deliver it home, because of the loss of cabal powers to everybody else in your cabal, though this is much less relevant to a newborn.

This option has granted to deal with people picking up and dropping items repeatedly to taunt low level... and to give low levels a way to send the item back without having to enter open pk. Since presumably they have already been through enough having to fight the guardian in an open pk zone, without then also being chased like a wild boar across Thera. This "lowbies problem" was singled out specifically for a fix and this measure is intended to have minimal impact upon the activities of high levels in cabals WHILE ALSO alleviating the crushing weight of responsibility that is placed on lowbies.

Goal for change: make it worth joining a cabal in the mid-levels again, thus promoting memberships and establishing a healthier scene of mid-levels pk'ing and roleplaying. (i.e. I dont want the only pk'ing in those ranks to be done by the trolls.)

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject:

Just clarifying. Four real time hours. Not four game time hours. Right?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject:

Real

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject:

I like it.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject:

I dont really play much at all anymore due to family/job and I've only played once or twice to mess around with a new character in the past....8 months I think. So I'm just curious why the wait time is so long? Why not half an hour to an hour?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject:

Why do you think?

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject:

I dont know if it still applies. But arent there players who are in multiple cabals? If so it seems pretty easy to abuse. Lower level knight sacs the cross, keeping it out of the game for 4 hours real time. They log out for the 30 minute relog time (or heck even log off for 2 hours real time), come back on with their legion and enjoy 2 hours of free xp/destroying any other knights who log on. With the limited Imm presence (based on how long it takes for descriptions to be approved) it seems (if there arent already) that there should be provisions to safeguard against abuse.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Our cabal apps are looked at more like college applications (accepted for jumping through the hoops) than job applications (accepted for knowing your shit). That means that you can't expect too much out of cabal members, other than they will do what is asked of them. But that includes following the game rules. What you mentioned is against the game rules. Its multi. Its using information on one character to benefit another. The penalty for that is getting denied.

The general idea is that we would like taking items to be hard, and retrieving them to be easy. I think it will be difficult to agree on the exact time but it will be easy to agree that there should be SOME time, so that retrieving cabal member doesnt (a) sac item (b) immediately rape you with awesome cabal powers. I would be open to lowering/raising the time depending on what arguments heard. Personally, I just wanted something that affects you for the rest of your login. I don't want someone to just logout for half hour and then come back, boom cabal powers. I don't know if 4 hours is enough. 15 minutes might be enough. Shrug.

Does it still affect xp? With this kind of thing in that game, that pretty much sucks. Tht needs to be taken out of the game. Will look later. I remember adding something like that so that people wouldnt just ignore the cabal item and go ranking, but I felt really bad about it because it ruins the surge for them and with the limited hours people play anyway, it makes cabal suck. So if it stayed in the game its because someone talked me out of it. But I think things like that just give cabals a heavy atmosphere. Its not fun for either side in my opinion. That's a general question I wish I'd asked myself before... "Who is having the fun?" Sometimes you can't answer that question.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I like this concept.

I'd like to suggest a sliding scale for the cabal item sacrifice. I've got a couple different options thought up, so you can see how you like them.

Option A) The time that you lose your cabal powers for is correlated with ratio of online players in each cabal involved.

Scenario A1: There is one Knight on, no Legions online, and Legion has the Cross.

If the Knight sacs the Cross, then max time lost for cabal powers.

Scenario A2: There is one Knight on and four Legions, and Legion has the cross.

If the Knight sacs the Cross, the skill loss time is not nearly so severe.

Scenario A3: One to one ratio. Somewhere in the middle.

If you really wanted to get fancy with this idea, you could include members' ranks as criteria for how long the delay is. Like if an Executor sacs the Cross with three minions on, the penalty would be more severe than if a footman sacced the cross with Forsaken and two dreadlords.

Option B)

The cooldown corresponds with the level of the person who sacrifices the item.

Basically, a level 40 sacs the Scales of Balance, then it's only a 2 hour wait. Whereas if a 50 sacs it, then it's the full 4 hours.

Option C) I had an option c, but my pasta was boiling over and I forgot it.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject:

Thinking about allowing confine in your city if youve captured an item. (Not in the cabal..too small). This would probably mean having a different mob to capture items with.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: