Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 9 hours.

Changes you don't like.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:18 am    Post subject: Changes you don't like.

If you feel a change just plain prevented you from wanting to play/try out the character class or race (or if there are other things in the game that are like this), inform us about it. These are useful topics of forum discussion.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject:

I don't like the tnl change, for me I like to see how much my group mate has left so I don't leave until he ranks if I want to take a break.

i am still not a fan of the weapon switch remove shield for warriors and zerkers, main reason I don't play them aside from a lack of over all skill.

The quest change im on the fence i haven't had a chance to use the points for a ranking surge.

Would be nice to see the change list updated in game, not everyone uses the website to find out what happened. Or may assume no changes are taking place.

Kudos to all the imms that have been visible and to all the players making that extra effort. It really has been a joy these last few weeks. All in all thanks for paying attention to your devoted subjects Dav.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject:

I like the tnl change, but agree with ozaru. Then again, the point is to cause people to actually talk. I guess if it were just removed from the group as opposed to showing 8349734500 everytime you hit group. it just seems clunky.

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject:

yeah only thing i really dislike is the rem shield, dual weapon or remove weapon wear shield thing but meh.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Would a better change be :

allow you to get your shield on quickly (instant equip), but make you remove it first to get into more offensive combat styles? With exceptions.

- ranger. offhand alactriry allows ranger to instant swap shield to dual
- warrior. double grip for two handed fast.
- berserker. rage from defensive for surprise dual wield.

Meanwhile rogues = quick wield, nothing hampers them during weapon swap. They basically have no shield, so probably this just affects input lag.

I am concerned about turtling strategies. Thats why this got changed. I did not like the reliability of wield/overhead from shield block against a dual wielding opponent.

1 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject:

hmmm well would that mean that rangers would have to remove dual to wield a shield?
warrior seems good aside from the instant overhead that will be coming.
berserker rage does that already lol

I do like the idea of having to remove a shield to dual and so forth but it is annoying to see your hands are tied up in a pk when you want to use a two hander and only have about 2 seconds to input commands. and macros just seem cheap to me.

0 0 0
Voltron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject:

It just takes a little getting used to. Every once in awhile I forget, but mainly the weapon thing hasn't affected me too much.. It slows everyone down so you just have to realize that and it makes it seem not so bad I guess.

As of right now rangers can wield whatever they want whenever they want. They can go from shield to bow to dual wield to shield to dual wield to bow to whatever. There is no need to remove with a ranger at the current time. Rangers get camo, uber dirt, and quick wield like a rogue, and awesome defenses and double disarm and bow skills which are even better then a warrior, and then they get pets too. I don't think this needs to be changed to favor rangers. Because unless I'm wrong it hasn't affected them at all, except to give them an advantage.

The problem with double grip for a quick change is that double gripping in combat lags you two rounds last I tried it... and then overhead has a message warning it's coming, and another round before it shows up. So thats a THREE round period where you're completely immobile if you go for double grip then overhead. During that time you're getting your ass handed to you because they can INSTANT switch to a shield/counterbalance. And then when overhead misses you get another two round lag. Basically double grip overhead strategy is suicide... Unless there was a change to the way it worked that I didn't hear about.

0 1
boo,
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Well if the flaming is about even on both sides, its probably ok. Seems double grip is an issue.

0 0 0
Voltron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Seems double grip is an issue.

I've had that opinion since it was changed.. I understand how nice it is to be able to change combat styles while blind. But when there is a two round lag thrown on it, it doesn't help. I never double grip unless outside combat. Which ALMOST takes away it's purpose. Obviously it's still useful and a nice skill. But not to the degree it could be, or I think maybe that it was intended to be.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject:

can't u lag someone automatically if you are double gripped and they are dual wielding like some sort of off hand thing, its happened to me before with concentration.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject:

I don't like the TNL change either.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject:

Well here's the thing about tnl/xp change. I figured that either way, you are seeing someone's character numbers, which are arguably private.

With the thing saying "tnl", you talk to your group less often because you know when they'll rank. I am sure you have seen by now that groups talk about when they're ranking. You can be creative and find a more IC-ish way to express you ranked (use emotes, pull out a small bell and ring it, i dunno), or how close you are... the obvious advantage to me is simply to bring an additional social interaction into the game. You can spot the true newbies to this game because they will say "100 to rank" instead of " will be allowed to the next guild circle for killing these rangers" or something simliar.

With the thing saying "xp", I feel what that is doing is educating you better about the game's pk ranges and exp costs. You may not know this, but us first ages probably remember well that an elf paladin was like 650k xp while a human shamans only about 440k xp to hit level 50. Players that share your PK range will have a similar total xp gained. I would like the game to be explicit about that. Is it an RP tool? Nope. But it serves the PK'ing side of the game well.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure that I understand your point about how the tnl/xp links to pk, but I definitely see the social/ic aspect. And agree with it. I'll just have to get used to it. Smile

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject:

I definitely do not like the quest xp change. A lot of my character bank on that xp to get to 50 because the boredom of ranking is so high that its nice to get a break and you can get about two ranks with questing. It really isn't worth it below lvl 30 because the 5 to 10 minutes it may take to complete a quest for 500 xp like the spider quest solo ranking I would get that in 3 kills...

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject:

Also it's not fair at 49 when you can just do 10 quests each giving 1.5k per return to reach 50 when it should take 2-3 hours for the same amount

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject:

I think you missed the point of the thread a bit. I'm looking for changes that say, to you, OK I will never roll that character. Example: mental vuln on giants. I don't know. Things like that.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
I think you missed the point of the thread a bit. I'm looking for changes that say, to you, OK I will never roll that character. Example: mental vuln on giants. I don't know. Things like that.

So we're not just supposed to start a bitchfest here? Smile

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject:

I like that I'm seeing changes recently and more so that we're being asked for input on them. I think its important to make changes, the biggest thing right now is playerbase and I feel like continuing to make AR more balanced is one of the best ways to do that.

So, that being said. There are some things that I like and that I don't like.

Change to rage, allows berserkers to take no penalty for chance to rage with full health while doing PVE. Makes sense, no one will have complaints.

Cabal anti-gangbang change: obviously some people enjoy the challenge of two vs one (or more) but there are those who find it too unfair. Good change.

Quest change: makes sense, to an extent. There are a couple of quests (unless they changed) that can only be done at the higher levels, eg. dragon/wight quests. No go... Maybe make a level requirement so that some of the quests provide no experience past 30 with the exception of the tough ones. I do however like that there are perks to doing the quests. Keep that.

I haven't experienced the weapon swapping change, so I can't honestly say I have an educated opinion on that.

Thanks for all the hard work Dav.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I do not like part of the equipment restriction change. If a high xp cost race/class is at rank 42 they will have rank 50's in range. With the current set up, it is automatically an uphill battle in rank and equipment, and then, even if the 42 manages to win over that, all you can do is sacrifice all the gear. My fix to this is take all restriction off after 40.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject:

well personally i never play a fire giant because of the sick bow vuln. I think my log is there when schist invaded at lvl 50 dual wielded and i had my rank 40 ranger with ice arrows and he died in two rounds because he didn't use sanc. Things like that happening really place me out of playing chars with vulns because one mistake and poof especially as a warrior when a lot of things need to fall your way.

Personally I would play a giant more if the learning wasn't so atrocious... I can handle only getting two pracs per level and not even getting 20 hp/lvl with 23 con, but damn it takes forever to master skills. Truthfully a change I would like to see would be to have the training rates increased for giants a bit.

0 1
boo,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: