Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

Report/Complaint/Honor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Report/Complaint/Honor

Mar 2017: "complaint" became "inquiry", just trying to avoid the negative connotations and assumed wrongdoing on that strong word
===

Sep 2012 update: We split "report" into two commands "complaint" for bad behavior and "honor" for good behavior that you would like to raise to the attention of the Immortals. The report command is now just for saying your hp mana mv after duels I guess.
===

I would like to raise awareness that there is a report command in the game.

If other players are doing stuff which is against the rules, like OOC, or out of range assistance, you type "report player" with a comment which Imms will see on them. Please use this command so that we can increase accountability and improve the atmosphere of the game, which to be honest has always depended on the fear of Imm-action to keep people following its rules. Players are wrong in thinking that they can get away with stuff while the Immortals are off sleeping, because some of us don't sleep, but we are not around 24/7.

Things that depend on player reports...

* characters (especially caballed) that login soon after PK logs out. We don't have the technology to track this so we would appreciate volunteers using report to help us catch offenders.
* OOC talk (we used to watch channels, but because it feels invasive dont do it anymore. but bad language is often reported)
* PK that isnt roleplayed
* people messing with you that arent in your PK range
* low levels that have crazy eq for the level
* people that look at you then quit (possible multi, PK attempt on other character)
* etc

In order to further increase the effectiveness of the report command, it will now also post a note to Immortal. Measures have been taken to make sure that these notes will stand out more than usual. Just keep in mind, if you don't get a reply, you can be sure someone at least read it and that person will be spoken to if action needs to be taken. It is a very simple command to take advantage of :

report <player> <reason>

Here is an example of a report and its response, so you can see what generally to expect:

Code:

[ 97] Immortal: Your report has been received
Sat Jul 23 18:23:59 2011
To: XXXXXX Immortal
You have reported: Offender
Reason: 'Pk without cuase, was sleeping ranking outside emerald, came and blinded me.'

Thank you for helping to keep the game clean and cheat-free.

[ 99] Immortal: RE: Offender
Sun Jul 24 04:40:00 2011
To: XXXXXX Immortal
Since Offender is a necromancer (an evil class, which is based heavily on
death and has a guildmaster that encourages them to go harvest souls) it is
not a PK without cause.  He is roleplaying a necromancer.  We will observe
him though to make sure he isn't just rampaging all the time, which is what
we don't allow for low rank evils.  Your reports help us to see which evils
need scrutiny.

If you have any questions or comments to leave about the report command, you may post your responses here.

Last edited by Davairus on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:57 am; edited 2 times in total

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject:

Dear community,

When using the report command, please be specific. Do not report with one or two word responses such as 'name' or 'no rp'. The more information you give us, the more information we have and the more able we are to do something about it. Something more appropriate than the above examples in my post would be 'This is the name of a pokemon' or 'Was using acronyms like rofl and lol in speech.'

Also, please remember that we as the Immortals are not the rulebreakers. Please do not word your reports rudely, since we are here to help and we're not the person you are mad at.

Thank you.

-Vev

0 0 0
peter.clarkson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject:

Thank you very much!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject:

OK, I saw positive response, so this report functionality has been given an upgrade..

Use COMPLAINT (instead of report now, to do what report did previously.
Use HONOR to give props to plays for GOOD behavior.

In addition I improved the notes system so that Imms can sort out easier who got reported, by whom etc. You'll see that when you receive your confirmation note.

(ALSO, FYI, Honor is the north american spelling of the world. We will use North american spellings because that is the nationality of the game founders and guys paying the bills.)

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject:

can you honor yourself?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject:

Umm, well actually, players doing that hadn't really crossed my mind. It'll probably allow it as a defect for now, but not for much longer.

What I'm looking to achieve here is to make sure players can create positive feedback for one another, so that you guys are more inclined to give all of those other players around you a more fun experience. It's pretty clear that we have been light on incentives to actually try to impress anyone other than the guys that get to use the induct command. Like, say you help a newbie. Who the fuck cares? He might just quit the game after trying it out anyway. But if you advise him he can honor you for helping him out, that will make sure your Imms/supervisors can find out.

What I was personally hoping to see was something like, a guy pk'ed another player, but still got honored by his victim because his roleplay was just that good.. that's something we could throw you some experience points for or something. it would be a waste of our time if we check these reports and see stuff like "I Killed Bob easily.. lewl I rock"... I'd like to be able to convert this into something tangible down the road (shortly, not in a year from now) and I can't do that with those kind of reports.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
...(ALSO, FYI, Honor is the north american spelling of the world. We will use North american spellings because that is the nationality of the game founders and guys paying the bills.)

So when has North America just included the USA. Canadians are North Americans too Smile even more North!

Joking. Great idea! very positive. Can we honor/honour imms too?

1 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject:

As a proud though albeit it displaced Canadian I have to agree with Tiqa. Laughing

Tiqa, I for one would be honoured if you sent kudos.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject:

Please don't use this on Imms, as much as I know you guys want to, we'd have to track it, and it'd be a waste of time for us.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject:

Will it be anonymous? ie. you won't tell someone who it was that honored them.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject:

Right. Only the staff sees the report. But we are going to add # of times honored into the score shortly, so that you can see progress.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject:

Honor ended up back-burned for a bit, what we have "works" but I'm going to tell you guys what you should be telling me - it SUCKS! It definitely needs to improve drastically.

I think it is very important that WE as a COMMUNITY have a way to properly shower praise on one another where it is needed. That feels like it just gets swept aside whereas complaints are always heard loudly. So I do want to get it working, I am committed to this but I could not get it done yet.

However since we are also legitimately complaining about one another as well (real valid gripes) I also wanted to make that better so the ISSUE/REPORT system was improved. You can now look at issues, which is where your reports go, as well as talk to us on them.

Code:

issue list
issue to immortal
issue post
issue comment # <one line>
issue close # reason

Incase that isnt clear, we are basically using an in-game note to talk to you on and ultimately only close the issue (i.e. the conversation) because its been resolved. That is a good process, it will take time but it is definitely efficient and useful to both us and you.

Apologies that time is spent on fixing complaining instead of making honor better, but it obviously did need to improve a bit. We had something good going, and we needed to carry it to its logical conclusion. So now we can get back to the whole honor thing again. Which is about time.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:09 am    Post subject:

honor command has been updated today.

honor <player name> <amount> <attributes>

TLDR how this works is it lets you give medals away to deserving people.

I was going to make this functionality Warlords only but I decided to just open it to everybody. You can give away up to 100 per month, in amounts of 5-25. The attributes are qualities you want to give people recognition for, and you can specify more than one if you want to.

Example:
honor olyn 10 courage teamwork
result = olyn gets 10 medals from me

When honor is given out, a message gets posted to the discord props channel. Please consider that experimental as we have obviously gotten burned with social media and this is very much a toedip.

0 0 0
dead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Can we get a updated Discord link?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: