Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 9 hours.

Whatever happened?..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Whatever happened?..

to the generic player guide that was on the site for discussing how to prep and use your class?

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject:

where are the game guides @ sheesh

id bet an hermes unisex capris belt that this is the first place most new players look

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject:

There are tips for basic things to focus on at the bottom of each class page, but yeah we could definitely use some updated guides. There are a few in-game I believe... for example I found an ancient one written by Elimelech that I put into the bards' guild in Mocker's, I think there might be one in the thieves' guild as well. Wonder if anyone's interested in penning fresh guides for their favorite classes Smile

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Vanisse wrote:
There are tips for basic things to focus on at the bottom of each class page, but yeah we could definitely use some updated guides. There are a few in-game I believe... for example I found an ancient one written by Elimelech that I put into the bards' guild in Mocker's, I think there might be one in the thieves' guild as well. Wonder if anyone's interested in penning fresh guides for their favorite classes :)

I started a thief guide so I can work on finishing that and posting it or just posting it and someone can take it from there. These guides should be running threads, updated regularly with new info posted by players or staff.

Some of the tips on the website, and I haven't read them in a long while, are misleading or just wrong. "Thieves don't do well flying so invest trains in movement" or w/e just seems so misleading for example. Thieves can do well flying, and depending on who you are fighting, flight might be the difference between winning and death. When I think of a game guide, I think to include not only guides on the basics of a class, but also tips and tricks that will help new players close the skill gap. Stuff like combining the right skills to maximize your blackjack chance, using tripwire successfully. A few months ago someone actually asked if failing to steal an item woke a player up... So these guides won't only help new players who want to learn a class, but also other players who want to learn to play against a class.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject:

That would be awesome. Thanks Erlwith. I'll make a post for identifying out of date website stuff.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject:

Hmm, would anyone like this idea:

Quote:
Anyone who has an active character 40-50 and submits a nice guide for that character's class via note to Immortal will have the guide added into the guildhall. It would be a item and written on it you would read <Character's> Guide to <Class>. I can do pages too like Mystique books if your guide is really long with chapters.

I think it'd be a nice way to give thanks to you folks who work on the guides, and it would of course be nice to have the guides in-game. I'm willing to put it in if anyone submits one. (naturally it will go through the hurdles of spell and fact checking by imm staff)

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Also grammar checking. Help us out and run it through word because this is what some of us do for fun. <3

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

I'm zombifiying this post, but only because I think with the recent influx of new people, that this idea would certainly be most excellent.

I do think they should be a bit shorter then 'guide to class'. Perhaps, fighting tactics vs (class). Or, this skill can be used effectively like this. Making it easy to get the information and not a SUPER long read, which people will get bored with.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: