Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 17 hours.

Cabal raid updates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Cabal raid updates

Following changes are live:

* holding a cabal item no longer reduces mv speed
* capturing a cabal item no longer causes flags
* raiding a cabal no longer causes flags (except Justice intruder flag)
* altar guards have been completely deactivated. Breaching the sanctum is now sufficient enough to get the item from the altar.

So to clarify the mechanics:

stealing
-> kill door
-> kill sanctum guard
-> enter sanctum, take item from altar
-> give item to your own door

defending
-> beat them off your mobs

retrieving
-> kill door, pick up item
-> give item to your altar's sitter

final change, just a QOL to prevent rinse-and-repeat failed raids eventually forcing the mobs dead
* mobs in cabals restore their hp back to full after 10 ticks idle

I updated the website as well.

http://abandonedrealms.com/realms/cabals/cabal_gameplay.php

updated on apr 14: capping justice item doesnt cause flag either.

Last edited by Davairus on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject:

Good changes, Dav! I really love how this will foster more cabal warfare.

I did really like the reduced movement speed with cabal item, though. Before that was implemented, no fighting actually happened when someone had a cabal item. Maybe the defender has 1 round to murder or try a spell, but after that it's a free capture. On the flip side the rate reduction was pretty huge, so it became really tough to reclaim a captured item against someone better-geared and decent at tracking. On the flip-flip side, saccing the item does work in this scenario.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject:

With the altar guard gone, I think having fast door guard repop would be a good idea. This helps combat the rinse and repeat scenario that you mentioned and leaves cabals less vulnerable when they use the command to return a captured item.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I just want to be clear on this particular scenario because I tend to walk in on these a lot.

I log in as a keeper were beast ranger, 3 legions are on and my cabal item is gone. I have purples and ready to fight, but essentially I am out numbered and I have a very small chance of success. (I have never succeeded in a situation like this) What is the general expectation because the moment I invade all 3 are going to come at me and I have voiced my opinions on that many times so I am not going to waste your time with that.

For those of you who say, tap the guardian flee out before you die and hope for the best.... If I some how manage to make it out the first time all 3 of them will be waiting for me at the guardian and yes I am speaking from experience. So if the expectation is to just wait it out, die with "honor" or just quit?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject:

lol

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject:

why is that funny?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject:

I'm just going to apologize for my recent jackass-ness. Been a tough week and I've been venting here. So sorry for being a prick.

Ozaru, your strategy will depend on a variety of factors. You're a good enough player I think you're just fishing for someone to give you permission to quit out with "honor." You can't win a 3v1 against competent players and you're not going to be able to down that door guard before they can respond any more. So that leaves you running around trying to separate them or wait until one or more of them quits or you get some backup. Just don't sit at the north square with your thumb up your ass.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject:

well in that case I will just not die trying to retrieve an item any more. why should I sacrifice myself for a useless attempt anyway. It just upsets me lol.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Just spit-balling here. What if instead of getting no flag for capturing an item, you gain, like, a baby keeper flag where if you cap an item 3 times over the course of a month, you get three baby flags that turn into a deathmark or something. That would help mobilize keepers against a side that is capturing a ton.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Might want to make the first guard in the Legion Fortress so that you can not flee by him.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject:

I think the keeper thing should already be in effect because if a cabal was the most dominant when you typed info, that would be the cabal keepers were at war with.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject:

The info command was kind of toxic, because it allowed you to see how many members a cabal has. Its a mystique ruiner that you'll realize soon enough was making the game less enjoyable to play. That said, I didn't want to just remove it without providing something better in return. It existed in the first place because we had more pressing problems than breaking immersion a little. We had a "swing of power" that was causing bandwagoning and it sucked.

The Keeper pendulum has been tied to the weather command. What happens now is the game's weather is *literally* altered by whatever cabal is in power. So for example, if Legion rules the game, you'll see chilling winds, if its Knight's it'll be more of warm breezes. Fair calm weather is Justice. If the weather is ordinary, that means that Keeper is doing a good job at the moment.

If you're just an average guy that wants to get a gauge on the current "climate" of cabals, the command to type is "weather" now, not info. I would think of cabal relics as an important cause of weather. However there really is a physical pendulum in the Keeper cabal grounds, and the pendulum itself should be a much better gauge. The Keepers need be able to type "pendulum" for more detail (a way to see which cabals look truly strong and which look really weak, instead of a just "whose winning"). We will get to that. This needs to come after this phase is cleaned up though.

Also, not to get too far ahead of myself, but wouldn't it be really sweet if the weather played a part in combat? Like maybe there's lghtning strikes occasionally launched by the bad weather that legion started, disarming peoples metal weapons. Knights great weather causing a blinding radiance on silver, gold and platninum weapons....... etc. We can do these things if we want to. Anybody can benefit from these things if they understand how to use them.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject:

id say no... this game is hard enough as it is just trying to beat people who have much more knowledge of the game.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject:

That sounds really interesting.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject:

Dav you're drunk,,, also I am too. I think things are really cool. Weather and shit well see. I don't think it should have an effect on combat though. This is a great game and you're all the best.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject:

I bet it was Olyn's idea Razz

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

I can see it now, a Druid casting tornado during as a nice warm breeze is around. >.> if they still get that spell

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject:

Make Cabal Items not SPAWN unless there is a Cabal Member Online. No more Silent Ganking.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject:

that's actually not a bad idea

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: