Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

Herald and other in-game events received a MONSTER overhaul
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiqa

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject:

I totally agree with Beia Limit of ONE cabal character per player.

Here’s some tweets:

Ever heard of text based gaming? It’s the ultimate in imagination! Blows WOW away. Check out Abandoned Realms http://abandonedrealms.com/

MUDs are an interactive story of intrigue, murder, feats & friendship. Abandoned Realms http://abandonedrealms.com/ - addictive, fun.

Abandoned Realms http://abandonedrealms.com/ has the elite status of being listed in the top 10 #games of Top Mud Sites.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject:

Sorry, I couldn't edit my last post. I realize this is getting off the topic of Heralds. The changes are really cool by the way.

Maybe we could have a sticky post of tweets so those with twitter accounts could have easily accessible things to post. And everyone could contribute to tweet suggestions. Abandoned Realms is such a fantastic, consuming game with great leadership and ease makes action easier to spread the word.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject:

Just last thing...is Mikoos still alive?

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject:

He is dead. Well technically alive, he has been reincarnated in hello kitty adventure Island where he plays 12 hours a day, mostly asking 8 year old girls where he can find an elf named Ona....or a thief named Robhyn Wink I regret deleting him....but it is what it is. Here is his graveyard thread http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9157[/url]

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject:

Great suggestions, I'll implement when I am motivated.

I'll definitely tweet some of the smaller game updates because I'm too lazy to post a fair number of them here. Feel free to reply there or create a thread here if you wa nt.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject:

I disagree with not posting cabal twitter updates. As much as we may not like it, we need to foster an environment that helps people get involved. If player X caps an item, and I see it on twitter, I would be more prone to getting on to fight said player.

The primary reason I deleted Tuston was a complete lack of anything to do. If I saw shit happening via Twitter, I'd have logged in and gone rounds with whoever was messing with my shit.

Deaths being announced isn't a big deal. Playing with people you know is just as fun as meeting new people. Ooc is required for one and not the other.

Most importantly. It's a game. Why so serious? Let's show the outside world how addictive this game is with instant updates.

0 0 0
Blashyrkh

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

All for it if it helps create the enviroment that you envision. My only concern is that not so populated cabal capping an item and then Knights galore or vice versa. Even worse when you've accumulated flags, but it does sound like it would give some drive to people to hop on and throwdown.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Faelon is right about needing to get people involved. It is the players who really make AR worth playing. While the Immortals can provide us with tons of awesome updates like these, if nobody played it would not be worth our time. However, both the Immortals and players are necessary. Ultimately, the Immortals control the game, but the players also have the power (one might even say the right) to help improve the game as well. There would be little point if the Immortals did all their work and nobody noticed it or nobody was around to enjoy it.

As such, although I am not a fan of letting OOC stuff slip into the game, I can see how the Twitter cabal updates could help the game. I was initially opposed to the idea, but now that has changed somewhat. I am still a bit concerned about the affect this could have on RP, but I don't run this place and it is not my decision to make. In the end, the decisions I can make are the ones that matter for me and the impact I have, and the same goes for everyone else.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject:

players probably have more say than you think. I just don't think it would be particularly out-of-character for cabal members to show up like angry hornets if you kick the nest and steal their stuff. We could put an area echo in the hometown or something that says the cabal guard blows a horn to summon them if that makes you feel warm and fuzzy

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject:

No, no, it's fine. I see your point now... It would indeed make sense if people came to defend their cabal if it had been attacked. As for what I meant about it not being my decision to make, I meant I am just one individual, so all I have is the ability to voice my opinion(s) and place a vote. Nobody else seems particularly concerned, either.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: