Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 15 hours.

Why don't you want to make a herald
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Why don't you want to roll a Herald?
I would rather fight, and I heard heralds can't pk (this is false btw)
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
The Mystique and making events seems like too much work
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
I cant splel or format paragraphfs
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Too much time demand - heralds have to be active when other people are active to write news, etc. and I'm not
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
I would rather other people make things for me to play than make them myself
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Heralds don't get enough good perks for all the effort they put in
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
None of the above (please explain)
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Mikoos

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject:

me like. As long as the offensive power of the 'invasion' isn't too much. it's definitely a good thing

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject:

VANISSE! That's awesome, does that mean that there could possibly be more than one Mystic or Herald helper per cabal? Because I know that Valour had two Mystics once. It was something that I am curious about? Since that choice resides with the leader of the Cabal.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject:

i'll think about it

0 0 0
Pops

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Publication Idea sounds great. That may be the main problem with the Mystique. As awesome as the idea of having an in-game news magazine is, keeping it as a game item ONLY and having to wait for the publication may be marginalizing it a little. News is important as it happens anyway. Couple weeks from now, we all know what went on.

And hey, is there a room in the game where you can read all the historical publications of the Heralds like a library? I'd spend some time in a place like that when I'm tired of mining gold or training.

0 0 0
outbreak111

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Your tasks for joining require you to sit unprotected and compose notes. You are not yet a herald when applying and thus people will just kill you thinking you are doing nothing. I was killed by one of my own guild within the guild hall composing a note to herald. Things like this frustrate the hell out of me....

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Outbreak, you don't have to sit in your guildhall. And you don't have to write everything while sitting there unprotected, unless you really want to. Some people do. Some people don't. I went something like 6 years of Heralding without being PK'd mid-note because I had explored around enough that I knew which places were popular and which places were not. I would sit in rooms that constantly befuddled the people who wanted to PK me who weren't vets. I would sit in places that had an easy exit, or multiple exits nearby, that would let me lose a tracker. I would stop my endless essays every so often to type who/where pk. And I would have recalls on hand or an alias for word of recall ready if I needed to flee. I've also seen other players simply write all their tasks before logging in, copy paste and post - just like people do with descriptions and backgrounds. That's perfectly valid.

Basically, you have to learn how other players think. This is beneficial for you both if you want to learn to PK or if you want to learn to evade people successfully. What areas are high traffic and thus dangerous? Are there special rooms or items or spells you could use to your advantage? If you're annoyed at the idea of having to get detect consumables all the time, maybe you might consider starting out with a class that has detects or special hidey skills (illu, ranger, ninja, etc.). I naturally gravitated towards rangers, healers and bards because independence, survivability and support is what I do and like to do best. Choose a class that fits you.

This is the first time in something like 8 years of Herald imming that I've heard anyone complain that Herald tasks were too tough because they involved writing notes. I don't mean to sound dismissive of your concerns and frustrations - believe me I've felt that way at times myself - but there are ways to improve that make will your game experience much richer. I really strongly suggest exploring. There are some areas that don't get nearly as much attention as they should.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: