Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 15 hours.

Evil Monk silent trashkilling
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Estel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Evil Monk silent trashkilling

So this guy just goes around trash-silentPKing people on level 30 range with fullset.

After you talk to him and try to rp to him, he is pretty much like "piss off or die again".

Said he does not belong to a monastery and has no rules.

I told him you can't choose both balance and chaos and expect your guild to tolerate it (e.g. referring to him that his behavior pretty much contraticts monk 101) but he is like "fuck off"

Why is such shit being tolerated? Seriously.

Yes, im butthurt for getting random death to someone who has never seen, heard or talked to me before, just walks into room and kills you basically afk.

I had 0 items that were worthwhile anyway, but still, get the trash under control!

0 0 4
curisq

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject:

When is the last time someone broke into your house, and killed you, but first took a few minutes to have some dialogue with you? I can see if it was a neutral you were complaining about, but an evil killing you is not big news.

0 1
boo,
Andrael

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject:

He's talking about how it completely goes against being a monk. He's evil yes, but he's breaking all of the monk's rules. If he isn't with the monestary, then he needs the outcast flag. Its like he wants it. That's my opinion.

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject:

That sounds like more rp than you see from most 30s

1 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject:

It sounds like a complaint that's not in our system because it was posted on the forums rather than as an issue.

4 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject:

"you can't choose both balance and chaos."

"his behavior pretty much contraticts monk 101"

"If he isn't with the monestary, then he needs the outcast flag"

Huh? Is there some sort of required cookie cutter RP for monks that is different than anyone else in the game and I'm just missing it? You got murdered by an evil. That's what they do.

1 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:00 am    Post subject:

the problem lies in the fact that you are used to not being attacked below level 50. Not sure when you started playing but when I had to walk 5 miles in the snow to school you just expected it. Now it is less likely so when it does happen you get butt hurt.

What is annoying is you will never see this guy again because he is just looking to get off on killing someone unprepared with a character he has no plans to take to 50. The hardest thing to do is shake it off, check who pk more often and if someone is in your range take steps to prepare for them. Imms don't get involved on things like this, you have 61 deaths. Unless the guy is making racist homophobic remarks in game, a silent pk won't get any sympathy. Trash characters are played by trashy players just look in the graveyard and read the comments you will find a ton of them.

2 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject:

I already deleted guys. No need to talk about trash monks now.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject:

next time you have to call him a fucksta and delete with his stuff right after you dunk him

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject:

It should be alright do that by around 30. People maybe come home from work, want to blow off some steam. Those kinda people are always on hardcore tilt and rarely well trained. If you are competent, you'll roll these guys, because they're not playing well. There's no reason to ban that behavior. Its natural. What we want is to capture that, because it makes the world feel more real and immersive. Quite the opposite of what you are saying actually. As long as they are not deliberately targetting somebody who is new to the game for extended harassment, then I don't see any reason for me to have a beef with them. This is actually how my relationship with Ramod started and we both grew from stupid noobs into elite together.

Also, remember, this is a playerkilling game, you are supposed to die, try not to take it too hard. Lots of lives to go. Improve, beat him. As well, this is the kinda thread that can "out" your own character so be more careful what you are doing and saying. http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9256
I guess there's a chance it could be a "loser". Dont let the losers get you down, or ruin it for the rest of us. Let me know if you have any questions. p.s. level 35 human necro has level 30 human warrior in pk.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

The perfect example comes to mind : verkis

This guy spent a ton of time at lvl 30 waiting to be vamped. He killed me a couple of time over a few characters because I like to train in that pk range and got me with pants down or even when I was ready because his eq was sick and he was well trained. His punishment is that no one wanted to rank with him. I don't even think this guy is passed lvl 45 last I remember. With my keeper I helped him rank because I am just nice like that even though I didn't like the player because of previous actions but I didn't hold it against him. Most of those players who are level 30 and are trash will not chase you out of the area, you go to the mansion they will say fuck it im not walking over there.

0 0 0
Estel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject:

I'm just mad because I'm playing from some godforsaken ranch in south of Texas with satellite internet yielding me 800-1700ms average!

Hard to escape ANYONE Very Happy

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject:

"Live, Die, Repeat" was my favourite movie of 2014. Good lessons in there for AR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xuBlpp4ssg

1 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:06 am    Post subject:

Sounds like something I would post six years ago. I felt like I was facing Rigwarl any time I risked it. Is there a ranger around? Because you guys went tame.

0 0 0
curisq

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject:

Verkis got betrayed by herlin and kerinder and lost all that gear. havent seen him much since then

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject:

Just wanted to mention on this thread that there is a "zodiac island" area where you can get some decent inspiration for evil monks.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Perhaps we should ask Estel why " his behavior pretty much contraticts monk 101". Perhaps you have a fundamental misunderstanding. I had one of those once. I was under the impression heralds were not supposed to be aggressive, or PK. It caused a minor shitstorm, and I was butthurt as hell, but then I learned something in the process. Why do you think monks can choose evil as a path if they are not supposed to act it?

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Evil and chaotic are two entirely different things. There seems to be a misconception that evil = chaotic. You'd need to define, in your own mind, what someone who is 'evil chaotic' looks like. Then look at someone who is 'neutral chaotic' and 'lawful chaotic'. The ethos's themselves are not exclusive to 'law' so much as they speak to a persons characteristics and tendencies.

A monk, walking around and zero rp'ing constant murders isn't wrong in and of itself, but if someone is trying to talk to you and your response is 'shut it or I'll murder you again', that person is chaotic evil. Due to this, they should get an outcast flag, for violating the only ethos a monk can choose, neutral.

My two cents.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject:

Not sure I agree, Faelon. I think an evil lawful might also say "Shut it, or die again." They just wouldn't do it in towns that are protected. Can you please elaborate why you think lawful has anything to do with this?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject:

Why is this even still a topic? The character in question has been deleted for a couple of months and at the time of this original post was a Legion applicant with orders to show a bodycount.

Original poster was butthurt from getting pwnt, period.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: