Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 15 hours.

Parry mechanics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoomAlone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Parry mechanics

From the help file:

"Factors that affect parry include strength, hitroll and weapon type."

This means the hitroll of the attacker, right? I.e. hitroll is a factor in overcoming parry, not in parrying?

And while I'm here, can someone also tell me what the current situation with dirt kick is? There is a post in the forum saying that the flee lag was removed, but it is still referenced in the help file. (I know I could test this myself but I figured it may as well be cleared up in case anyone else is confused).

Thanks Smile

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Dirt kick lag has been removed, so if you flee while dirt kicked you don't stumble. However, if you flee while dirt kicked, it will take longer for the dirt to rub. So you have to roll the dice to see how that one will end up.

And I think you are correct about the hitroll being a factor, it's a factor from the other side.

0 0 0
DoomAlone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Thanks.

As a fan of rogues I'm a little upset about the dirt change, but I suppose it was kind of OP before.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject:

It turned into a cluster when anyone got dirted. Dirt kick was gold. Conversely, now it goes through protective shield, where it didn't before. So, if a necro casts a spell and you dirt kick them before their zombies attack, their zombies won't attack until the dirt rubs. Where as before it was a bit OP on non-mages and useless on mages, now it's useful for all, but not as OP on the other side.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Dirt disarm is still a combo you shouldn't overlook because the blurry eyes do prevent re-wielding shit.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Good point. Totally should be used in tandem, especially considering the new update to disarm making it fall to the ground.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: