Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 21 hours.

Invoker Masteries

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoomAlone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Invoker Masteries

More newbie questions from someone who hasn't played in years. Advice would be much appreciated.

I want to roll an invoker but am stumped at the element selection stage. I've read all the help files and stuff, but I'm getting confused between terms like "mastery" "affinity" and "attuned". Basically I can't work out whether some of the effects described come from using a particular element repeatedly (is that "attuned"?) or from choosing the element at creation.

So can anyone with recent experience of invokers give me some thoughts on which element to choose at creation? I'd like to get back into PKing so that is my primary concern (I'm bound to suck at it, but I'm a shameless powergamer at heart and want to build a character designed for killing). I was considering choosing ice because there is some mention of an ice storm blinding opponents (which would be SWEET) and, of course, it's always handy for toasting fire giants. But character creation seems to suggest that fire might be the way to go for pure single-target damage, which I'm guessing would be good for pk.

Thoughts?

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

I prefer earth invokers.

As much as damage is appealing, earth invokers get protection and invokers are never lacking in pure damage output, even without specializations.

Earth invokers get a 75 AC buff with sanctuary and physical damage buffs, which is very nice, if you can couple that with AC boofs from equipment. With enough health, a good invoker should be viritually unkillable with word of recall/ac/hp.

1 0 0
DoomAlone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject:

That does sound pretty cool. But I always found that it was difficult to get kills with invokers because of the lack of lag skills / blinds etc. (and my own poor tracking). That's why I think I might be more inclined towards things relating to blind or dispel magic.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject:

affinity is your chosen element : fire, lightning, ice, earth

Attuned is when you use icicle, lightning bolt or flame arrow. Using it three times ramps up he power of your next storm spell and give it an extra effect.

Elemental Mastery is the ability to give your opponent a weakness to your element, in this case if you are a fire invoker, you can shatter a fire giant's defense against fire and they will take more damage form it. (But it makes more since just to use ice then fire.) Earth will shatter the targets physical protections, meaning they will take more damage from physical attacks. This would make a giant character take normal physical damage instead of having their 'toughness' to resist some physical damage.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: