Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 3 hours.

Forum Controls

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Yes or No or Different
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Forum Controls

I started playing this game when I was about 14 years old. I am 31 now. More years of my life have been playing this game, then not playing this game. I doubt I will be truly done, until the URL leads me to nowhere. With that in mind, understand that even if I am not playing, I still want to effect a positive change to this environment. I love this community and this game.

The forum is toxic. Relations between most Imms and players is in trouble. There is an intrinsic problem with how we deal with potential issues, or current issues, or disagreements. That is all of us and I include myself in this. I respond out of anger sometimes, as do we all. This is not only not helpful, but not at all conducive attracting new players or creating an environment all of us really feels secure playing in. I’m going to suggest a change, which will challenge the what we have all come to expect to be the status quo. As such, I expect quite a some people to resist the concept of a change like this.

1. A board will be created. It will be comprised of three emissaries and three Immortals. The board will work with the PR manager. Deciding votes will go to the PR manager in case of a tie over rules, or censor.

2. A PR manager position will be appointed. It will work on a rota. Once every four months a new Immortal will be appointed to control this position. The PR manager will work with the board to create rules which will govern the forum. The board will ensure that favoritism is not a problem, while the PR manager executes control of the forum and any outbound communications.

3. Every member of the forum, Immortals and Players will acquiesce to the control of the Manager and the Board. Any deviation will result in censor. Too many censors will result in a short ban, followed by a longer ban and ultimately complete revocation of posting privileges.

4. All conversation and decisions will be held on a public forum, where only board members and the PR manager can post. Transparency in decision making will be a central tenant of this charter.

Last edited by Faelon on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I could see something similar to this being useful. I really do think that how people react and talk to each other hurts the game at times. I believe that most of our recent issues stem simply from people not editing themselves before they post.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Stop being douche bags in game and out of the game. The real problem here is most players have a superiority complex and get off thinking they are better than you and they have power over you because they are an imm or an "elite" player and you are a lowly player. The problem here is you have the same people bringing up issues and concerns and they are dismissed simply because the player sucks at pk or is previous cheater. Its like oh its ozaru, beia or that other guy bringing up an issue lets not listen.

So much hate has been sent out between player to player and imm to player that their is a real fracture in this game. Have a mediator and pr group is fine and dandy, but this game is not as fun as it was when you were 14 and I was 15. Our choices in 1996 was what Doom, wolfenstien, street fighter?? PLaying dream cast was the first playstation even out then?

I logged in yesterday at 7pm and 2 other people were on. 20 years ago their would be 20 people in pk. You just have cranky 30 somethings who have kids jobs responsibilities that want to remember how fun this game was and vege out and we can't. This game will never be the same because we aren't the same.

Effect change by just being fucking nice to one an other and see where that goes first. Stop flaming stop being assholes and stop thinking your shit doesn't stink.

1 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject:

*Affect I wonder how many people snickered while reading that grammar mistake, you are the problem

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Not sure what you're talking about. Embarassed

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if I could get people to respond with why they disagree with a change like this? I certainly don't expect my idea to be perfect, or even for an idea to necessarily be implemented like this. However, it would be nice to hear perspectives on something like this, whether they be Aye or Nay.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Sounds pointless, I'm not an emissary or an Immortal, but I feel I've contributed plenty without getting into any of the heated debates(aside from the occasional troll, cuz it's fun). If there are issues, there are quite a few different ways to go about it rather than flame each other.

If people start flaming to hard or do something too ridiculous, the Imm's usually take care of it in a reasonable manner. Call me a kiss ass if you want, but they do it well enough and I don't see a need to change it.

If there is a huge disagreement between an imm and player, just try to respect each other, going both ways. It's a game where there are plenty of difference of opinions. Not everyone is going to have the same as you.

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject:

drama

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject:

"Effect" was actually right in that context, Ozaru Wink

0 0 0
xanthas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject:

sissies

i personally feel the staff do an adequate job of policing the board. some rubbish does slip through from time to time but is generally dealt with when it's gotten out of hand.

0 0 0
ewils03

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject:

Are you saying for all posts and comments to be filtered through a board first? That would take up a lot of time for those members with all of the postings going on and all the reading they'd have to do, it would eat up time better placed elsewhere. Not to mention sometimes the ideas or changes of ideas or suggestions for them are good to get pumped out and could possibly take days for them to even show up in the forum. If I misunderstood something with your idea, I'm sorry.

If some people are thinking they're not being listened to because of their past posts, comments, debates, or arguments, I would suggest taking a look at yourself first rather than putting blame on others. Really ask yourself, "Was I really acting up?"

One good suggestion I can think of, is when a forum board is turning into an argument is to take it to PMs with each other rather than having your fight for everyone to see like people love to do on facebook. Ozaru is right, though, a good number of us came back to AR for the nostalgic value and of course it isn't the same as it was and we're having a different experience than we did when we were younger. But, keep in mind, we aren't those little kids anymore, so keep your cool or go sit in a corner until you're calm enough to not make a post fueled with anger. Chances are, there's really nothing to be THAT angry about, alright? Frankie Says Relax

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject:

I'm down for anything as long as I can still make borderline offensive posts on the forum in non-graveyard threads

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject:

No, the forum would just be moderated by a group, instead of bunch of individuals. It seems that communication is at a premium.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: