Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 2 hours.

Custom Races
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ottif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject:

edit: smh this is literally over like 4 letters lol

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Haha ottif. I actually agreed with whatever you said before the edit but I forget what it was. I'm pretty sure it was a first and now it's gone.

And you're right. This entire debate is over 5 letters in the who list. You can use 'whois' to see the original race and, to my knowledge, every custom race has a helpfile that makes it very clear what race the stats/vulns use.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject:

yes that sort of commentary is way too great for you all to cast your eyes upon

and i just state facts not my fault you all can't comprehend them

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject:

but no it was to the extent of

you can still rp whatever race you want duh

and deleting over threats of deletion is stupid and way jumping the gun

BTW davs post was mean spirited but it is not the first. it is funny how no one cares when he's wildly threatening to delete ozaru or someone else you don't like, but dimhiri deleted (and probably would have sooner than later regardless, statistically speaking) and it is like faelon's all thug life all of a sudden from his usual suckup attitude. but empathy is scarce round here

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject:

[quote]While you are sitting there crying into your keyboard that I am the worst person on the internet because of how I phrased a note, I just ask that you give thought to how many hours I have toiled at my own just to have this fantasy place for you to forget about your other troubles in. Every time someone gets up in my face criticizing what I do, it makes everything I ever did here feel like a colossal waste of time. Now this isn't just you rolled some char to 50 and played it for 30 hours. I am talking about a significant portion of my existence on this planet. Its literally volunteer work for your benefits. You as a playerbase need to understand that your behavior frustrates me beyond measure when you deliberately cause these shit storms. Whether you are using meth or just had a divorce or whatever else, the realms has been here for you, and it wasn't calling you a dickhead, and myself getting misjudged that way is very offensive and frankly I'm getting sick of listening to everybody complain[/quote]

What are you even trying to do here? Guilt trip me? I get how much you put into this, I honestly do. I appreciate it. Don't believe me? Look at ottif calling me a 'suckup'. He of course, has no fucking idea what he's talking about, but that's fine. I support you in public, typically speaking, because you usually make decisions that are intended for the betterment of the game. If ottif saw the arguments we get into on the chat, he'd probably reverse course.

This decision? You did this because one person disliked it. You did it on a whim, with zero thought to what the impact on the people who put, not 50 hours, but HUNDREDS of hours into a character. Then we get the bullying guilt trip saying how terrible we are that we ALL ridicule or publicly disagree with your decisions.

In the future, either read what I said or just don't bother responding. I'm tired of guilt trips when people disagree with you coupled with bully boy tactics. Thus far in this thread, you've threatened me, you've cajoled me, you've guilt tripped me. At no point have you even considered that how this was handled was a bunch of shit.

0 0 0
ewils03

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Even if that note was a joke, "change or be deleted" that wasn't a good one in game. I mean, sure, make the changes to custom race policies, but grandfather the ones in who have already been accepted with their custom race. It's a tall order to ask someone to completely change at 50, especially after all the time they've put in to building that character and long since established their RP.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject:

So you pretty just admitted to hacking into my webcam. What are you going to do now? What have you done all this time? Why does anyone want to play this game after acknowledging this?

0 1
boo,
Arunore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Let me just put it this way, if anything else continues beyond this point as far as harassing me, you'll be hearing from my lawyer.

1 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject:

what are you talking about Arunore? I reread this in its entirety twice and see nothing anywhere close to that...

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject:

I don't usually agree with pretty much anything said on the forums. But ottif/Olyn summed it up in my take of it all. Maybe it's because I never tried to deal with a custom race.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:48 am    Post subject:

what's this shit about a webcam

1 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject:

Lost on that one. Sorry

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject:

Arunore, saying such shit makes people ESPECIALLY horny to harass you

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject:

This is not the first time we've needed to take action against what people try to make with the custom races, and its also not the first time I hear somebody threaten to "quit the game" over how I handled a a game update.

Not long ago there was somebody who literally made a fire giant and had it changed into "troll". Not everyone is actually bright enough to figure out that you can WHOIS that race and see that they are a fire giant. They just don't know what the hell they're fighting. This has enormous implications in PK that is a real and relevant problem to all the players of this game. Just because that guy doesn't fool you, doesn't mean that he doesnt fool other people and use that advantage to more easily win fighting and get rared out easier. Everybody who plays this game who would have a character in the PK range of that guy who was playing the troll fire berserker would be fighting at an unfair disadvantage. So it doesnt matter who the fuck you are, you have a personal need to act when you see that kind of thing being done with custom races. You can be sure that this is done for PK reasons however much they are crowing about their hours of roleplaying. Meanwhile then there's the guy who makes a "tiefling". Just because he puts hours and hours of time into roleplaying an immersion-breaking custom race, it does not mean some guy who has not played in for 15 years logs in tomorrow, sees an uninspired race from DND, and assumes we stopped giving a fuck, then logs back out. That isn't reported on the forums necessarily but it could obviously happen. There are people who said that bothers them enough to not play, because it breaks their immersion, and whether you like to hear it or not, that's fact. You should care that they don't want to play the game - a lower playerbase overall is worse for everyone. As to the person who wanted to make a fairy, I don't remember reading the application, but thats what a pixie is for. I don't remember reading any application for boogum either, but I am sure if the same person had tried to be a boogum, it would have quiclky been approved. Its just another example of not very imaginative, humdrum race that's more generic than the races we have actually programmed into the game. That is my take on it, although I never saw the app.

The solution we have chosen was done so because it is very urgent and affects everybody. The custom races needed to be heavily moderated right now, back into a state which is acceptable. They need to be told "either, change or you have to die". That makes sure it will happen. They need to see that the Immortals DO GIVE A FUCK. This need to be enforced with the rule that they fit the phenotype of the race just like the helpfiles say. If you guys want to help with the problem, there is a very specific thing you can do - that is, you can roll up a Mystic and be involved with the process of racial customizations. Understand that what got us here is the fact this didn't happen, so if you don't like the way I handle things, feel free to take those matters into your own hands is what I'm saying. Its always been there all along for you to do it. I know I don't do everything I do tactfully, but I do solve problems. You would be doing me and everyone else a favour if you were taking on that duty.

If we do not properly moderate these unimaginative races, what is going to happen is that new players to this game will learn that this is a cliched dnd monster manual, and if they aren't simplly turned off by it, they're probably even going to go as far as write us some negative mud reviews saying how cliched this game is. IT really isnt - we have worked very hard to make our imaginative areas, we've chosen very carefully our races, and we don't want to throw that all away on some player who came up with the perfect RP for a cookie cutter DND race we don't have in the game because we rejected it. Not doing anything is wasting our efforts to motivate the growth of this playerbase and putting us back on a downward trajectory with these immersion breaking and overpowered restrings that have been a terrible idea from the getgo.

All you have to do with the custom race applications is pick a race we've had in the game, choose a suitable base (e.g. a human, if you dont feel sure) and apply it in a way that we didnt think of. If you did it well, we could make it into an NPC afterwards.

0 0 0
Stephen2Aus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject:

Sorry for hacking your webcam mate... I'll delete the footage of you and the goat off Youtube too.

Sorry Sad

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aLYvZ5sX28

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Pricks. I don't appreciate the subtle jabs at all. You can throw all the monster manual, player handbook, DM guides at me all you want. I have been playing this game for a very long time and I know the areas blinded, and can tell you a list of mobs in the game. I did not see Tiefling as outside the scope of AR, and how I was incorporating it would have worked, regardless of what any of you nay-sayers may think, that is how I feel and I'm sticking to it, now you can call me whatever you want and make your childish jokes in IRC about me, I don't care. I just hope you learn how to handle things better, because this lost you a valuable player, and caused a lot of unnecessary gossip.

I also do not appreciate the jokes about the webcam, it's insane the kind of treatment you give here and after you've helped someone. How dare you both, Nycticora and Davairus, about making comments relating to my personal life to try and prove one of your POINTS. No one else here understands them and I'd appreciate it if you would both stop it.

I am not going to stop defending myself against your one-tracked boss mind, and you have got to realize that you are not always right. How long this "shitstorm" continues is up to you, and how much shit you want to talk about me and anyone else who had a custom race that didn't fit YOUR standards.

1 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject:

I put high ranking Mystics in charge of granting custom races. They need to be able to locate a mob of the requested race to be able to grant it. None of the requirements for custom races have changed. These can still be overruled by immortals, but that becomes a discussion between the imm and the mystic. The main thing I look for with custom races is matching phenotype. I flipped a shit when I saw a treant with water vuln and fire resist because it was granted from dwarf. As far as I'm concerned, this topic is now closed.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: