Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 17 hours.

Monks just re-opened for play.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Also, quick question, why is it that grandmastery of crane empowers air thrash, when crane is a yin empowerment and air thrash requires yin?

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Would it be possible to allow air thrash while in crane style if they chose grandmaster of crane?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject:

air thrash should already be available in crane

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Last I tried, it wasnt, only worked on offensive empowerment.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject:

someone get on Monkay and try it.

0 0 0
Meriando
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject:

On Kehriyl I was definitely able to use air thrash in crane style, don't know if something broke since then.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject:

Wtf Meriando is still alive.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject:

2 0 0
Meriando
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:24 am    Post subject:

I know right? Shocking! Though I'm mostly just forum lurking and hiding in the shadows with my imm catching up to the many changes to this game.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:05 am    Post subject:

Tiger style update:

There is now a "grievous wound" which gets applied by a new tiger style chakra strike. The odds of getting this to come out depends on your anatomy skill, etc. The usual factors. The grievous wound can stack, and each stack reduces the opponents constitution by 2. The intent of this is to reduce the opponents ability to regenerate and heal hp. The duration of the wounds is based on the level of the monk.

I chose this affect because in nature, big cats are often observed to attack their opponents repeatedly to wear them down, instead of going in for the kill directly. Also because tiger was lacking a very clear purpose in pvp, and now it very clearly doesn't.

Expect exploding palm to interact with the wounds in the near future, but I am called away for the moment.

update: exploding palm now also applies grievous wounds (i.e. use chii to get it)

1 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Dav, you said in an earlier post "also I will go ahead and tip you off that this is good vs bows, although I can't speak for your parry in that situation."

Why are we buffing a dual wield monk style vs bow?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:47 am    Post subject:

Mostly after observing people were obviously using leopard style (defensive) in their duels, and bows the obvious reason to avoid the former style

Crane is intended to give warriors / fighters a bit more of run for their money. It would be very cheap if you could just mulch them with bows. There's also a barrage kick to help them offensively vs warriors, and the hitroll bonuses are of most benefit vs warriors.. I don't want us to be saying "here guys look at these cool things!" and then they just get bow/dirt kicked and are dead in 2 rounds. Its deceptive choice and looks like a very dangerous fun-killer.

Not to say that every style has an absolute definition of a situation to use it, but for crane to NOT be useable vs that opponent is definitely an error

Remember we have a much lower starting hp, so there'll be a natural skills 'advantage'. that exp cost gets you something. surprising/ maybe refreshing to read?

also just watch some monk videos and you'll see them dodging arrows, i might even make something like iron body to help instead of relying on style nuances (monk doesnt do counterbalance super dodge), but I didnt think players would feel willing to train that skill. I do want more of training skill X improves secondary affect of style Y though, like we did with monkey style/ tumble spelldodge.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject:

many have asked. Kornhole answers. Can enter crane in defensive. When one tries to thrash, "You have not empowered yang!" Bug logged, so now it is officially an issue.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Empower was removed today.

There is now TWO chii gauges (which you can probably think of as a gauge with two halves to be more accurate), one for offensive and one for defensive. Its not super complex, you can either do kicks for both bars to go up, disarms (in lieu of blocking, for now) increase the defensive bar, autoattack jabs increase the defensive power and autoattack kicks increase the offensive gauge.

As of now instead of empowering to do things which demand empowerments, you just gain enough of the right kind of chii to do them. So this is probably already familiar from fists of fury. That will require offensive chii level 2. In order to be considered "empowered", it will require level 2 of the right chii.
Ex. air thrash requires offensive empowerment

Once again just to be clear, empowerment is REMOVED, all styles can be either offensive or defensive at this point. However, if you change styles, you will go back to level 1 (50 chii or something)

I'm going to need your feedback on loose ends on this one, but for the big picture of what's happening, your low level skills will continue to increase your chii, which you will then use to do your high level techniques.
Transcendence is a known loose end (it will probably change to just exchange your current chii levels). snake and mantis will possibly be changed to do jabs more/kicks more so that those specialize in that kind of chii generation, although I'd rather wait and see if we missed anything really stupid and have to revert. and of course, any skills which currently require empowerments will need to consume chii instead of generating (which i believe they currently do). I think we'll probably prefer a 25 chii cost on air thrash over requiring a 75 chii "empowered" state, but I want to try you on this way first before I completely retire empowerment from that.

iven that style swaps now "free" (besides a chii reset), I'm interested just to see how you guys will try to operate.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject:

hey guys I think I'm going to wrap it up on monks real soon, we'll fix whatever shakes out from ridding ourselves of empower and then move on to some other fun things. I really want the cracked skull tournament to be ready to go, and after that we'll want to start moving on druids.

Thanks to everybody who has played monks since they re-opened. I know its been a little bumpy and a bit of a re-learning process. I had to learn a few things myself to get this done

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Keep up the good work champ!

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Will making a form strike, the thing that the anatomy for each individual thing is based on to build chii for chii bolt, does that refresh the style duration? Or just the active?

0 0 0
ewils03

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject:

It takes way too long for lvl 2 defensive chii to build to be able to use second parry, I'm not sure why that's even needed while in a defensive stance like leopard, phoenix, or monkey. The two-handed or dual-wield stances I can understand, but it really should be easier to build, especially in any yin stance. Offensive chii builds well enough so far, but defenive could use work. In battle, I'm meaning.. meditation builds chii nicely, but stances and weapons change so frequently there's not often time for that. This system takes a little getting used to, but it's real nice not having to empower yin or yang Very Happy

0 0 0
ewils03

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Healing isn't working like it did, either. Even in crane or leopard it won't heal in battle saying it needs to be empowered in yin.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject:

thanks i'll check that out.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: