Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 12 hours.

hp equipment needs to be stronger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: hp equipment needs to be stronger

So there's a lot of hp equipment out there, but I really never see anybody wearing it. Even mages, the classes for whom +hp gear is tailored for, seem to go around more often wearing hitroll and damroll gear than +hp gear.

I don't think the problem is that getting hp gear isn't a good idea. I just don't think the hp numbers on equipment are good enough. A lot of rare +hp eq has 20 health on it. I just don't feel like that's ever going to make a difference in combat, even when you start stacking it. If we could go through and increase the health bonus on a lot of the mage gear by 50% we would be looking at gear that would be worth wearing.

Just my opinion though, feel free to prove me wrong.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject:

on Libera I had hp gear, and I could stand off a lot of people, it gave me around 300+ health with some of the better things... on Meillon, a drow bard, I had around 850hp while going around with 47/38 hit/dam fully buffed and I wasn't even going to pk heavy on her. Engraving is a beautiful thing. Also the main set for hp is kinda dumb... You can get so much more with the right gear.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Also there are some new stuff out in Zodiac that would be great for an hp mage, just atm invokers suck in pk and are better as mob tanks with barrier. Get a high hitroll to help with parry and you're pretty solid. Then again, I took on a lot of solo stuff with Libera. White and Blue ancient dragons, Phemios, all of the guys in Dal'Kaddar except for the Lich, blood ninja etc

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:36 am    Post subject:

I can't think of any top clerics or mages in the last year or two that stacked hit/dam.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject:

Dude. My be do had 1k hp. That's fucking diesel. Just cause people are idjits doesn't mean go fear needs to be buffed.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject:

Hp gear is fine. I have stacked over 500 hp on a character before. Gnome invoker, already had 800 hp because of trains and practice conversions. had 1300 hp with hp gear. Makes a difference.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:

Give examples of hp items which you don't see people ever wearing.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Well, for one, Crescent Moon is almost never used, despite it being a set of mostly rares and all those rares are always in.

We've got rares with nothing but 10 hp and some low AC (diamond studded collar), and a few others with 15 hp. I just don't think that cuts it as a rare. If it's a purely hp item I think it should have at least 20 hp, and that would be on the very low end.

Again just my opinion, it seems like a lot of people disagree with me and that's fine.

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject:

So how much exactly stronger should the HP eq become?

Strong like a fire giant, able to lift boulders and toss gnomes or just +2 to it's current strength?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject:

imho the hp equipment is properly balanced. I don't want to go into specifics because it would remove some of the thrill of discovery from some players who don't currently know how itemization works. It is possible to have so much HP you damn well need a gangbang or an assassinate to die

Some of the sets do suck, that's not really something I'm equipped to handle. I really prefer to tweak the non-set stuff. If left alone, a set that sucks today could turn out to be pretty good sometime in the future because of changes to other items, class balance, etc.

I can try making some interesting new items and scattering them around for you guys to find. I'll put some thought into how to do that and what we need.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject:

I asked for specific examples because I don't want the time wasted on that. As far as sets go, if anything they are adding too much hp. I nerfed the HP on treant thews 3 times and nobody has ever complained about that. I'm not sure why in 2015 we still have the notion that a mage should just wear a ton of HP. That's not going to stop them dying because they were caught sleeping in a tent. Just pay attention and make sure you do the tricks you can do.

1 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject:

I did feel pretty damn invincible with an 1100hp Mage. I would just start running at 500hp which is almost base hp for normal mages. With that much health you sort of just sit there and laugh at people.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: