Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 17 hours.

Davairus Appreciation Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Davairus Appreciation Thread

In the spirit of Davairus Appreciation Day, lets get some Davairus appreciation going. In this thread we talk about the ways Dav has made AR a better MUD.

I'll start. I appreciate Davairus for the Zodiac Island area. I discovered it as a level 45 monk, soloed my way through the whole place, and it was the most fun I've ever had playing a MUD solo, and left with a few new rares too.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Me and the imms here def don't always see eye to eye but Dav is by far the best imp I have seen in any of the MUds I've played, and in my almost 20 years playing MUDs I've played many. I've never seen an imm who will jump through hoops to seem fair and balanced with things like punishment, etc. There may be underlying motives other than just being fair, but it doesn't change the facts.

So much effort put into the game to make things fun, even little things like fishing and carts. Dav is constantly listening to player suggestions and implementing them in unique ways (we used to suggest forging all the time, we got grimforge ores, etc.)

The insane part about it is after all this time, decades, he's still not tired. I remember playing a game called Terris around 1999 (game started in 1995) and by 2001 the creator/imp/lead coder *never even logged in*. BTW they still charge 15$ to play that MUD that never receives any sort of real updates (they really just update mobs and room descs, and charge people it is insane). We get the benefit of someone dedicated to constantly making the game better for well over a decade for absolutely free.

I may not always agree with you Dav but this game would be nothing without you.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject:

I'm in awe of how many ideas Dav keeps generating. Just the sheer amount of changes and improvements that have taken place since I joined as an imm has been mindboggling to observe - all of the streamlining behind scenes, the tools that have been developed to facilitate both players and imms being able to create new content for everyone to enjoy, new areas, targeted and meticulously planned overhauls to classes and game mechanics while keeping the game's balance in mind - all of that, and still finding the time to make and hide little fun, whimsical things here and there like the Ask an Orb and karate chopping block, and have the patience to teach me stuff!

The fact that Dav's been spearheading the evolution of this game tirelessly and with so much creative energy for all these years truly speaks to the level of dedication and passion he has for this place and I absolutely appreciate all of his efforts. And I particularly appreciate all the things he has taught me through all my years here. So I was pretty happy to make the little toys for this holiday and hope everyone explodes a lot of skulls for Davairus! Whee

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject:

Thanks for keeping the game going. I'm more addicted to abandoned realms than I am of any drug I've ever tried. That includes many of the hard ones. You guys are keeping me sober, thanks.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: