Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 12 hours.

Hide and camouflage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Hide and camouflage

I think these two skills should be changed to consume some mana per hour, something like shadowform.

I think this would solve the problem of shadows, thieves and rangers hiding forever and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it other than rolling a shadow to kill a shadow....

What do you guys think?

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject:

I think hide and camouflage are underpowered because as soon as you have adrenaline they're worthless. I think the adrenaline nerf should be pulled.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject:

I would think adrenaline would make them appear on tick checks, but a shadow attacked me and went to hide with aggressive adrenaline. That was the last I saw of him. So.... I think adrenaline does not solve hide being a 1 button escape against every class other than thieves and shadows. Unless there's something I am misinformed about.

I also think to address hide and camouflage being a skill for them to avoid anyone they do not want to fight. Example, Krite is on, i'll just remain hidden until he logs off. That sort of thing.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

yeah that's the point of the skill and it's why they're supposed to suck in combat, because they always have the advantage from being the initiator except against players that can hunt them down or trap them and other rogues

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject:

From my experience, adrenaline or not, they same to be able to hide just fine. With all the changes to shadow, they should just cut it from their skillset. Leave it for thief.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Well, I do not know if they do suck in combat or not. Especially shadows. From what I am learning about the class, they seem to be able to fight just fine.

Anyway, I agree that they do get the jump on the target from the shadows. Hide can be an activated skill when the enemy comes close and you still get the jump on them. All I am suggesting is that they do not get to hide indefinitely as adrenaline seems to do shit to hide.

In fact, I do think that even without adrenaline, being able to hide against all other classes indefinitely is not exactly good for gameplay. I cannot even talk to them unless they talk to me much less PK.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Classes that hide, have a way of seeing other classes that hide. And if you're worried about invisibility, quaff a clear potion?

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Eh, Andrael, I think that you're missing the point I'm trying to make... From what you're saying, this game is about rangers vs rangers, shadows/thiefs vs shadows/thiefs?

Then why are shadows able to detect camouflage? Not right at all...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: