Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

Recent shadow updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:

I meant its unique in the sense that it doesn't stack with others and its a different mechanic than making them a vuln. I actually specifically chose against messing with vulns anymore. It was either improve all damage slightly or make vulns worse, and hi humans.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject:

made mark of shadow require throw/assassinate instead of auto.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject:

Does Shadow Arts Shadow Shuriken apply Mark of Shadow?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject:

yeah

0 0 0
Oxyl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Why can't there be Elf Shadows?

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Elf gets ranger, drow gets shadows. If Elves can be Shadows, than that means Drow should be rangers.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject:

all the shadow arts, and spectral sight, use mana instead of ki now. I've been wanting to do that for a couple days, but have been busy fixing throw first, because that's crucial to actually getting mark of shadow on target. There's some pretty heavy mana drain on shadow machine now.

also made the following things remove mark of shadow: 1) using word of recall 2) teleport 3) using shadow spear will consume it

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject:

So I have questions about ki and ninjitsu. So it seems like almost every skill (including kick and dirt kick) consume two dashes of ki. Is this the intent, to make ki like a quick recovering energy bar that limits skill use?

It regenerates so quickly to 1 bar on its own that it doesn't seem like ki building skills would be particularly useful. Can you go higher than 1 bar of ki?

Also, so ninjitsu. First off you can't chose shuriken as a ninjitsu specialization, despite the helpfile. Second, I don't see what the point is. Do you do more damage with a specialized weapon? Do attacks with a ninjitsu specialized weapon generate ki? Does this skill tie into ki generation or usage in any way? If you could specialize in shurikens how would that affect them? Can you ever change your specialization?

Some of these questions I think should be cleared up in the helpfile.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Another question: There seems to be almost no benefit to using crafted shurikens as opposed to magical shurikens. Is there any point to crafting shurikens? It costs 40 mana and takes up spaces in my inventory.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject:

hey divsky,

1. You seem to have interepreted ki correctly. You don't worry about regenerating it, you worry about your mana management. Its basically a stamina bar that also allows access to better magical techniques.

2. We will probably just redo the specs entirely, but as for ninjitsu, that skill % matters all over the place.

3. If you craft the shurikens, it'll take the damage type of the crafted item. That's based on material .e.g craft the ice girth from the Elemental Canyon for ice shurikens. I was thinking about having skills expend them, like we do with rangers skills, but it doesnt really seem to matter. Perhaps we could explore that with specs.

Just as a note, when we DO decide to redo ninja specs, then I will want them to change the class drastically, like you will end up being only a shuriken thrower or something (as an example). That won't be like monks where you just get free skills. I am happy with this as a weapon specialization for now. We can proceed with this when the balance issues come to light and get fixed.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:22 am    Post subject:

I'm kind of confused as to why ninjitsu healing, ghostwalk and ninjitsu tactics are all grouped together as one skill. It seems like they could easily be 3 separate skills. The passive specialization for ninjitsu as well.

The same thing happens with shadow arts as well. It's essentially 5 different skills lumped together under a single skill proficiency.

This would increase the shadow's skill list and give them more things to train. I know shadows have a long skill list as it is, but this seems to make sense from a design perspective. They're supposed to be highly trained perfectionists, so it would make sense that they would require a bigger investment in time to train everything up. Lumping things up together under a single skill proficiency makes things too easy.

It's not like a class that's 90% drow and half-elf has a right to complain training being too hard.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:23 am    Post subject:

*Edit to 2nd paragraph: I think the skills should be split up.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:26 am    Post subject:

i think ninjas are way too complicated. i think before the changes they were moderately complex (a 7 on the scale from 1-10) now they are a 13. I have a 50 ninja and I'm just like wtf at all these new skills. just my thought...

i like change but i think if you don't have a clear path you want ninjas to go they sort of end up like a mutated step child. and clearly there is no clear path.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject:

I think we could use a bit more explanation of where at least some of the changes are coming from or why they were introduced. For example, moving shadow recall points to Grand Thalos makes absolutely no sense to me and people have pointed out it creates utter confusion for new players when they recall.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject:

i agree grand thalos makes no sense at all for ninjas

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:33 am    Post subject:

also ive played this game forever and when i login i feel utterly alone even with other 50s on. please some sort of clans... or guilds or at least a gobal channel

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject:

oh .. thought i moved it back. its becoz they are time travellers but doing that sucks too much for newbies so i meant to undo

ottif you think it is an accident that it is more complicated? if you want simple to play class you could pick a fighter and get red dragon / dirt /bash

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:58 am    Post subject:

Code:
also ive played this game forever and when i login i feel utterly alone even with other 50s on. please some sort of clans... or guilds or at least a gobal channel

Do you mean bring back the Cabal flags showing up in the WHO list?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:02 am    Post subject:

its offtopic so he doesnt really care or he'd post it properly brah

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject:

"when i login i feel utterly alone even with other 50s on"
ottif, that comment indicates you need to work more on building your character's network and engaging with other people. and it doesn't have to be only 50s you can talk to. when you do, you'll realize there is a lot more going on than you think.

back to topic:
shadows are time travellers? whaa

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: