Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 15 hours.

Tenebria introduced, Battlezone refreshed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Nobody is coming up into these here forums and being disrespectful and getting away with that. The behavior is way out of line and toxic. Nobody who really cares about the game is behaving like a pos to the people that staff it. And we don't have room for it.

I don't mind discussing (and re-discussing)the creative process. some people had meltdowns over moving emerald forest one room south. I'm not interested in having those kinds of discussions.

0 1
boo,
ivindel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one that is not so bothered by the changes in the map?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Eh, he doesn't really care, it just something new to bitch over. This ozaru guy is praying to the Imms to ban him pretty frequently, now suddenly he cares about the purples? Uh huh. Looks like Nycticora went in and took a look and liked it. Vanisse made the decision to put where they are, and I fully support her choice. Its novel and its creative. We could've fudged around and kept the muscle memory for purples exactly the same, but frankly it would not be favourable to anyone because that's become a nice lowbie levelling area like the harpies used to be. This will be figured out soon enough and purple repops would then get dunked by lowbie good-align levelling. So they moved like 5 rooms away, to an area that used to have a purple in it anyways. if you dont like that ozaru, I got two words for ya

you'll feel better once you see a log where some lowbie evil run through the area, grab a purple, then swings right back into the caves and dunked someone's level 15 healer. Purples right next to the first "in PK" good align ranking spot? Sold

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Just at first glance from walking your new area this is what is missing and a bother to me.

-Staff and gloves from the human warrior a nice addition to a low level character
-small sword and shield nice sword to use to train close by and easy enough to kill
-I tried to find the templars and darken beast I am sure that got moved somewhere, but i couldn't find it with the minimal effort i put in.
-Obviously the purple potions moving as i said was an annoyance
-The fact that the area was a nice place to get people lost when chasing you and turning the tables because it was a complex area with a bunch of rooms

Personally I didn't care that battlezone was moved because it is a rarely traveled area, but moving the area you did was an annoyance because it has a lot of history to a lot of players. But hey its your game do what you want.

it was replaced with basic areas in my opinion with very little content and just blank spaces.

As far as nostalgia goes, it still bugs me that their is no fountain in the middle of seringale and yes Nyc I didn't like the emerald change either.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject:

I'm happy for these changes. We've completely removed or overhauled the majority of the stock ROM areas and for good reason: Most of them suck. These areas were no exception and were long overdue to be booted from the game. Both the mines and the catacombs were full of lore and immersion breaking OOC crap and programmer references, shitty room descriptions, and shitty equipment that didn't fit in with the rest of the game. And the troll den was just 5 (or was it 4) rooms that didn't ever deserve to be its own area.

The new areas are a huge improvement.

Ozaru is just looking for anything to complain about. White herbs > purple potions anyways

1 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:19 am    Post subject:

I also like the changes! Thanks for putting in the effort folks!!!

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:44 am    Post subject:

Ozaru, you'll have to trust me when I say that we don't make changes lightly to game aspects that some vets might consider essential or nostalgic. In fact, my original room layout of the outer part of the area had the exact same room sequence to purple potions that was found in Moria. After discussion with the other imms, we decided that the purple potions needed to be in an area unlikely to have repop complications from ranking groups. The purple potions moved just a few rooms further away from crossroads than they were previously, but more importantly, the purple potions are now closer to areas where you can wait for them to repop than ever before. Anyway, the areas we removed were shit and Ceridwel did a great job with this build. We had a nice collaboration of imms each doing what they do best to flush out the area.

-staff and gloves sucked, you can find better at that level without much effort
-sword sucked ^ except for training and there's other options there. The shield of defense is now found in Common (even closer to Seringale)
-templar mob looks a bit different, but he's in the new area build. Darkenbeast was a dumb mob and new iterations of his eq has been placed elsewhere in the game (same stats), including the axe
-purple potion is essentially in the same general spot and closer to nearest adjacent area
-we have plenty of maze-like areas. This area has several small loops to run, which was an under-represented layout in our areas

3 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject:

i love how olyn actually breaks shit down and explains it rationally not bashing anyone im just giving him kudos.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

1 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject:

this is a great change.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject:

i've scrubbed all the poo flinging off this thread. let's keep it to constructive criticism and comments please. thank you

Last edited by Vanisse on Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject:

well gee, more poo. locking...

if you have more ideas/comments do feel free to submit bugs in-game. thanks for the feedback everyone!

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: