Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Chaos cabal. Potential?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Multore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject:

It is the combination of chaotic and good/neutral/evil that is important to point out. Any cabal of good/neutral/evil bound by honor and/or law is not going to behave the same way. You can make a slight argument for Warlord but nothing can be said for Justice. If you are following the laws, or appearing to, they have no course of action. Same goes for Warlord, if you agree to their duels and honor based system they also have little leeway to affect your world.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Adapting warlords to fit this idea of Chaos would require substantial changes to the cabal that might alienate veteran warlord fans. Honorable duels with terms that the warlord must adhere to, strict warlord code, personal discipline, etc are indicative of an organization leaning Lawful. I'm not suggesting that Warlords are lawful, only that that the chaos role would probably mean the end of Warlord stun dueling and honor.

I like the idea of a new cabal being tied to chaotic dragons. The different dragons could represent internal factions.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Seems easy to fix and unalienating from my POV. I played multiple Warlords (more than 4) and I also immed them for severall years. to warlords, the game is a battleground

0 1
boo,
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject:

Multore: Huh? You are just speaking using ethos as a pivot point for a cabal. Just like Justices have been doing since the beginning and a high variability in Warlords. It's no different in how it can attract another cabal's interest.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject:

I think I have to agree somewhat with Olyn. I love it for causing more havoc but Warlords isn't JUST about that...and that's how I've always understood Warlords. It would be changing the Warlord ideologies quite a bit if it's only about causing chaos.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

I would think a simple enough description for you guys would be "follow your own rules". that is what it really meant by "no further orders". It means you need to think for youself. So if you wanted to make up your own bullshit warlord code and follow it, you'd be free to go about that. The point is to be your own man and that's what Warlords DO and its not actualy changing the idealogies at all.

I do think the duelling couldve been a Knight/everyone thing (it just seems like a way for people to fight their friends without killing them) but I don't really care. I guess Warlords having records gives them something to do that leaves a lasting impression. Another thing that could also be everybodys to enjoy. But really what I've heard over the years is they just wanted deathmark back, so they can kill the people they want

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Warlord dueling could be kept as an internal affair. Records still kept for warlord v. Warlord fights. But outside of that maybe they think no one else has the honor/skill/discipline so they're not worthy.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I like the idea of tying duals into Knights and make it a requirement for a Footman to win X number of duels before getting promoted to Knight.

0 0 0
m1coftw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject:

That sounds like a cabal for every trash character in the game.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Code:
That sounds like a cabal for every trash character in the game

You're a shoe-in for its first mortal leader.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

2 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Oh snap.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject:

R E K T
E
K
T

0 0 0
Moondog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject:

Players can make themselves permanent outlaws by doing a quest that marks them permanently. Opens options to a possible blackmarket
Thieves and looters can fence things there. Non outlaws can be tasked to retrieve the outlaws stolen goods.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject:

I like it

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: