Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

This topic is awaiting validation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivindel

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: This topic is awaiting validation

This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:57 am    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject:

No I'm not thinking of any weapons you can buy. I'm not even counting any of those.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject:

the go-to weapons I'd use in this case are rare, they just happen to be more or less always in. I'd have to explore new areas or something to find the proper weapon to use here. There's at least one I know of that would have been a lot better than a lightning sword though, and if the fight was as close as you say would definitely have resulted in a kill due to striking a vuln.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject:

How about allowing Keepers (who are true neutrals) to "de-wild" non-rare wild weapons so that they can still use the turmoil attack types without the wild attacks?

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Slogosh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject:

We have orderly items. If you can wear wild, you can't wear orderly. If you can wear orderly, you can't wear wild. When we introduced orderly, I audited every wild item we had. I'm guessing somewhere around 30% of them had their wild flags removed (you may be able to find my original post on this to verify).

My point is that AR's past builders, many of which were talented, threw in their areas in isolation of one another and, as a result, had a bunch of random "cool-looking" items, many of which were arbitrarily made rare. Our current build team is MUCH more focused on lore, both internally consistent within the area and fully immersed in existing Serin lore. Additionally, I'm confident that the effort and collaboration that goes into balancing new eq these days is better than at any time in AR's past.

By the way, the good orderly weapons are almost always in, so the people constantly rolling chaotic chars for the l33t wild gear are actually missing out.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject:

Olyn and Lorne and I discussed this to death. We found one way we can potentially increase the number of magic weapons available to Keepers and decided not to do it yet. There are extenuating circumstances. I really think you might be missing some of the power of this cabal. Keep your eyes on new areas but I make no promises.

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject:

if you'd used the rod of mind sceptres in your duel you would have destroyed Krite utterly so NO I do NOT agree that keepers need more magical weapons. The cabal is balanced around PK not the ability to deal damage to mobs. And dealing the SAME damage as other players is NOT necessary if you have advantages in other areas, which Keepers very much do.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject:

further questions in this thread will be stonewalled, I suggest you start a thread in the Battlefield to ask your fellow players for advice

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: