Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 15 hours.

Quick Pinnacle re-equip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moondog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Quick Pinnacle re-equip

In the spirit of competitive fights. Decked players vs not so decked. People failing to keep up online time to maintain rares. grind skills and horde rares.
gets boring and tend to loose mindset and rp goals.

I suggest a quick re-equip system. Not too quick, But just enough to shorten time of regearing thus get back to warring quicker. My ideas seem shady so input or complete shutdown is possible.

Idea 1. You already slayed Super monster and gotten super item from him. Then you full looted sacced etc. Instead of slaying monster again. Demand it from the monster since you already proven worthy.

Idea 2. Or have a mob that holds a profile of rares submitted by you. Everytime you need it you may just buy it from that mob with gold. obviously you only buy difficult hard to get ones.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Everyone has multiple options for a quick re-equip.

- All alignments: guild issue

- Goodies: Regal Radiance set

- Evils: Malicious Beast

- Neutrals: Treant Thews

Why don't those work for ya?

0 0 0
Moondog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject:

yes. They do.
Gamble and sets don't mix well.
Rares and sets mix.

So If I bank on sets and rares. Id accumulate gold. which is good i can allocate for pieces not covered.

I was just suggesting for quicker improvement above the set advantage.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject:

I can't really understand your points, are you saying you cannot get either sets or bank gold to use gambling to re-equip? What do you want exactly?

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject:

I think he's trying to say gambled eq don't mix well with sets. Only rares do, but people may not have the time to maintan the rares so they lose the competitive edge against decked out players. So maybe an easier re-equip time to be on the same level as the decked out players.

Malicious beaset set without engraving rares is not good enough to put them on a competitive edge against decked out players. ( just comparing points to points). Disparity is pretty huge.

I'm thinking the biggest problem is the availability of low level rares. At times rares may not be available. Set items need a certain level of engraving to be good enough.

On the other hand, being decked is a reward for putting in hours. If everyone can stand up 100% against decked out players without rarrs, then rares will become pointless. Issue is to balance this disparity so that it doesn't become a steamroll.

Maybe improve the gambling rates? Or allow engraving to be done with gambled eq and maybe make gambled engraved eq have a lower requirement, like say 5hrs a month is needed to maintain the engraved gambled eq? Just throwing out idea though.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject:

Or just give us normal rare equipment reboots... almost half the month so far and no loot reboot.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject:

ez fix, engrave gambled

1 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject:

I also mentioned there needs to be something to keep the players playing if they engrave their set items with gambled eq. Otherwise gambled eq will takeover rares for sure and rares will somewhat become obselete for the few reasons.

1. Set equipment has the weakness of having little slots to swap gambled saves. If now gambled equipment can be used to engrave, this problem becomes solved and set+gambled will take over rares.

2. People needs to clock time on rares but currently there isn't a requirement for that on gambled eq.

and yes, i agree that the rare reboots needs to be done. It stops people from getting desired eq to play/fight.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject:

It's all a conspiracy. The immortals play the elite guys with the decked out gear, we are all just there fodder that they come and slay when they feel like getting off. They reboot when they know most skilled players won't be online to ensure we never have a fighting chance. Then they get there IMM group together and raid winter for all the Phat loots. It's like the government taking all the good shit and leaving the rest for all the other people living in poverty. So we have to kill each other for onyx bracelets and spiked collars...

0 1
boo,
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Just get better at pk. If you're not good, then get better at running so you don't die.

Your topic was literally quick re-equip. The sets ceridwel listed are literally what you're looking for. If that's not a good enough starter pack for you then you're just asking for a l33t gear handout.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Funny how the people who hoard these items and getting purged are the same people complaining about them not being returned immediately on the 1st of each month and saying there's an Imm conspiracy

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Resounding thumbs down. What is in place for re-equipping is perfectly fine. 30 min you can have a decent set of eq, with decent rare/or darkhaven weapons. With that you're ready to be competitive, and do so quickly. But what isn't so quick is gaining back all the saves eq that you just lost. Pk'ing with mal beast or whatever is just fine... but losing that perfect set of bad ass gambled saves eq ready for each and every class that you spent hooouurrss on getting just right is just a huge bummer imo.
Good, bad, or mediocre eq...you will lose it all if you don't have a good set of saves ready for any occasion. You should probably worry more about that than wanting a better handout than the decent thews/beast/regal sets that were added just for the reason you brought this topic up... Quick re-gearing.
WE ALREADY HAVE IT...and you can make it better thanks to Davs engraving idea.

2 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject:

lol wtf beia. that is the craziest thing ive heard yet

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject:

Just need to grab em by the pussy, then maybe we can make Serin great again.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject:

ugh. no.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject:

Gotta pay the troll toll. For real though thanks for the reboot. Now I can horde all the loots...

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Damn wish i still played I got a hankering for zaikkras bracelet

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: