Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 17 hours.

<Religion> Getting Tattooed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigitalText

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: <Religion> Getting Tattooed

I skimmed a bit in this board and I didn't see anything that dealt with this. If I missed it, tear me up one key at a time.

On those juggling with frustrations over whether or not a faith tattoo is coming for them, I've encountered some players here and many elsewhere. In no order or priority in particular (unless otherwise said so) I'm going to explain what I think might be a good start toward getting that tattoo.

Different deities will look for and place importance on different things, which are probably scored broadly along a PK/RP spectrum. But generally:

Obviously choosing an object of worship for your character is where it starts. Whether you roll a character off-the-cuff or with an involved deal of preparation, consistency is a must. Roleplay however does not have a one-size-fits-all keyhole. Likewise not everyone makes use of the same key for said keyhole, and every keyhole may be different for someone else. That said, I can't tell you how you should approach bringing your character to life. But bringing it to life is probably something you'll want to do consistently every time you log in. If you make a mistake and break character somehow, focus on smoothing it over impromptu, rather than on palming your face. Frustration won't do you any favors. Staying cool always will.

Next you'll want to discard any preconceived standards of measure that you might use here-and-there to appraise a summary of your own character's performance independently. This will only lead you into an entitlement mentality overtime about the desired tattoo....which is a quick way not to get one. If you enjoy the character you've rolled, the preconception thing isn't usually a problem.

Learn as much as you can about the deity either before rolling or in real-time character development. A note on development...it's often a mistake to roll a character and give them the traits you envision favorably straight out-the-gates. The problem with this is character stagnation, which is one of the things that can make your character dead to you. I can't speak for them, but I think after a while, immortals know what to look for to know whether this has happened with your toon investment. Provide a framework and draft persona boundaries with room enough to allow development. Depending on whether you strong-arm development or let it unfurl itself on the character's terms, hopefully the char's endgame will be an espousal of the traits envisioned when you rolled it.

As far as your character is concerned, worship IS the reward. A good OOC attitude is first and foremost. Even above consistency. Believe me when I tell you there are ways to pick up on OOC overshadow behind a character. Distance between screens means almost nothing.

If I think of anything else, I'll delete this sentence and pick up from its spot. Rotten tomatoes are welcome as well. Peanuts, too.

Last edited by DigitalText on Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject:

YeH buddy. Good shit. I personally have no idea what religions are fun I g about. I also don't know where the ducking hobgoblins are anymore. When I read your post initially I was like: yeah, right on man. Now I can't remember what you said. But fuck yeah. Initiative. Love it.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject:

you can find them, they're pretty much where they used to be except behind a door now

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

two steps. 1. Find gwidry. 2. WHERE large hobgoblin

0 0 0
asudan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

another step further from abandoned realms.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: