Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 6 hours.

Minion update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Minion update

Hello adventurers,

The ability to group with your minions has been enhanced.

Group leaders may now add the minions of their group members into the group by typing group <target mob>. Additionally, minions created by class abilities and mounts will no longer count against the amount of experience gained by groups.

This is still in early stages and there are probably bugs, keep an eye open for strange behavior around grouping and XP gain in groups.

There's still a known issue - Knight stallions still count against group XP gain, temporarily. It's slightly harder to exempt them, since there are multiple different stallions.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject:

wonderful change.

0 0 0
Stephen2Aus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

Illusionists, who I think personally were already the best groupmate - are now insane to group with!

Haste on everyone = ? 1.5 ? times the damage from other people

Slow + offensive spells (phantom dragon, ilsp) + hob spark * 3 with mirrors = GREAT damage. in the "group" damage/round ills can very often come out on top

Add in illusions on top of that now?? Forget it... Ills rule to group with

1 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject:

I think this change makes getting to 50 too easy. What I think may amount to less than a hill of beans. People seem to forget that necros get soul siphon which is highly useful to groups, and now their minions don't take xp?!?!?! Too pimp! Anyway, my two cents...perhaps low pbase needs easier ways to 50. And also, illusionists and rangers, all coveted groupmates.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject:

I think we need some time for this to settle. However, please let me know how this is going, because I can trivially implement mobs automatically redirecting to the highest value target. I have been meaning to get around to that anyway. Gives some point to the rescue skill and gets everybody paying attention to their damage to make sure they don't end up facetanking. That would immediately solve massive damage mages at the very least

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

just reverting the change that allows this in groups is also on the table, it's deleting two lines to turn this off and change it to only exempting xp penalties when you're solo

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

I definitely think we should let the dust settle on this before tweaking it any more. Maybe wait a month at the least to see if we just get a bunch of powerranking alhoons and illus.

Hell. It might even get someone to roll up a ranger which I feel like I haven't seen in forever.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject:

haha what kind of idiot would level with an alhoon except a vampire or another alhoon

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

I feel its right what we're doing... the next thing that feels right is making the mobs smart enough to build an aggro table and know when to swap target. It teaches target value in group PK too. And we can do PK stuff with it. Like a thief simply using feint to redirect all his aggro to whoever he wants. It lets the thief choose whether to (a) create excellent sticky tanking for his warrior groupmate, thus the groups mage can deal super damage safely (b) redirect all his damge to the mage and shaft him. This stuff is mmos, its not even relevant there, but when you add PK to the mix there is potential for being such an asshole. so much time is spent levelling that more tricks would be good imo. we would spend a year on just that. cast calm to reduce all mob aggro and fuck up the evil group's tank . etc.

Last edited by Davairus on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

I love tricks. I like that thief re-direct idea. Plenty of opportunities for backstabbing. Would have to be careful with boss mobs though.

1 0 0
asudan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Dear god please do not change thieves. It's like the only class that has not had a major revamp. Drug and disguise are fine, throw away hook shot though. Absolutely no need to change this class.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject:

I would def trash hook shot. i like the feint idea i'd also like to see gag brought back.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

asudan it seems the point you are making is, all classes have had major revamps, except thieves, and therefore thieves shouldnt get one. I'm feeling like you're dictating what I can and can't do. Did you really expect me to just agree with and accept this? "thieves are fine as they are, and thats the bottom line, cuz asudan said so"

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm guessing Asudan has had success with thieves the way they are and does not want to risk a change messing with his mojo.

But hook shot is pretty limited.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Eh, then just leave it at 1% and put the pracs into hp.
If something is bothering you about thieves let me know, but I think it would be better if you find a better place to post it than in nycticora's minion update thread where its totally off topic.

I wrote this in 2013
-> thief gets subclasses : traps, assassin, brigand, smuggler, spy and druglord perhaps - CANCELLED, PIPPed BY RIVAL MUDS
So you can stop worrying about it.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Back on topic.

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

stallions are fixed, all systems are go

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: