Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 8 hours.

Cleric weapon ward fix
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject:

should prot shield block warlord lash or do we want to retain that cheese

strike of pain is pretty trash, I don't like it. Never used it. I'd rather someone who likes it speaks up

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject:

Lol don't patronize dav. I know you are a bit upset still I slammed the secrets idea but I think a discussion on spirit shield when we're talking weapon ward might have some value, especially since you mentioned healers just using 2handed. Yes I know that all that you mentioned in your latest post adds up to a lot of outgoing damage, I know you're too smart to have me waste time typing this for you. But you said " leading to use for badass castigate damage " I don't see anything about divine ret etc do you? Were you not saying the damage from castiage alone was badass? Because if you weren't ok. At this point even if you were, ok. You are right Dav, you are so right. I'm wrong, let's move on.

Yes, in my long post I did make one single point about weapon ward/spirit shield being inconvenient. I was wrong to mention that because as you stated, ward will be gone. Nice of you to ignore the rest of the post to point that out. Anywho I just mentioned spirit shield being not great and someone ended up telling me how great it is, so it spawned a discussion. I'm sorry if you feel I alone am slowing things down Dav, I'll stop.

Last edited by ottif on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject:

I don't think the strike of pain is as a big deal as the paladin one, because the dk has a lot more offensive things to do that will work through all defences, like blind and curse for example. but strike for paladin is pretty staple, I would imagine that is what they are looking for when fighting someone who has weapon ward is to catch it with it gone. and with current spec/religion/cabal requirements, there very well could be a battle between a healer and a paladin. kaareg and cedowyl for example, if the circumstances happened where he was wanted. I know that's a super fringe circumstance. but I thought this was pertaining to clerics meaning shamans as well?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject:

Theres no such thing as a sarcastic apology, stop with the childish games and stop mind-reading me youre wrong and its very offensive, and I am getting very close to just ignoring you

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject:

Yeah, strike of pain vs healer without weapon ward = game over. Almost all my healer kills as a DK were won catching them without ward. Almost all my deaths as a healer to a DK happened because my weapon ward dropped. I could manage the insane DK burst damage but those strikes of pain were the end of me.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject:

Strike of pain against cleric is not automatic game over. As the cleric you run away and wait out curse. If you get struck twice, you're a major n00b and strike would not be the major difference maker it would be skill level.

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

I don't think strike of pain should be changed as it's a great skill that punishes people who don't take care of their spell durations and fits in nicely to the DK arsenal of abilities. Could clerics protective shield maybe block a strike of pain? Only issue with this is that it's easy mode for the cleric as instead of two spells he needs to ensure are up he now only has one.

To counter this you could change protective shield for clerics entirely and have it create two shields, one that blocks lagging skills like bash but another shield on top of that which acts as a weapon ward. To make things interesting you could have slightly different durations on these shields with the lag blocking shield lasting one or two ticks longer than the weapon ward one. That way a cleric still needs to watch his durations and either run away for a tick or two till they can recast a new shield or stay in the fight but running the risk of a disarm, strike, etc.

Just a few ideas from me, dunno if they have any merit though.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

Jaran, you probably see how that is reintroducing weapon ward. I would rather they just shield block it and just uncurse themselves. I think that is the second shield you speak of

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

Yeah fair enough lol your way makes more sense and is way easier to implement. Looks like a DK and Paladin will need to go and master shield disarm to fight those clerics.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject:

Clerics would really need something to protect against strike of pain. I really think that that would be terrible for them. Possibly link defense from it to Cleric Sanctuary or something.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject:

I like shield block because then you have a reason to drop to mace/shield to fight those classes instead of wearing the same staff all the time.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: