Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

Announcing the arrival of illithid necromancers (elite-only)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kornhole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject:

I love necromancers, and I am not opposed to any changes to any of their spells, but I would like to point out that if gold is involved, necromancers with a shitty army can RAPE the mines, gold should be easy to gather with a necro for even a dummy.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Yes, but it still takes a long term investment of time. I cannot tell you how many times I have been raped by RNG on zombies and literally spent hours and couldn't even manage a troll a fifty. It's the most frustrating thing in the world. Dav is right- it SHOULD take an investment of time. But some flexibility or guarantee that those 4 hours you spent will be worth something is like a breath of fresh air.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Used to be PK ready was like twelve minutes (two rugged slith zombies and a skeleton). With zombies being not nearly as good before strengthening, two skeletons, and one strengthed zombie is viable. (Not preferrable, but it's what we got for fast army). Just because you don't have three strengthed Innkeepers, doesn't mean you aren't ready for action.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Skeletons are wet noodles.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject:

At 100% animation and raise you can pretty much get the strongest army in about an hour if memory serves(grab a lucky clover?). Which I guess is still a long time. If it takes you 4 hours you need to get better at the game. That is just facts.

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

I don't know how to get a lucky clover anymore. To my veteran eyes it looks like the lucky clover was removed and replaced with clover sprigs. I doubt whoever changed it had that in mind

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject:

i think jim drops it or something like that... maybe...

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Kim usually holds it. Maybe even though it's a common rare, enough people are finding them useful that they're out. At least it's not like they're a level 35 shadow hoarding a pimp suit of level 50 rares or anything.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject:

codex

a Four-Leaf Clover - from Young Jim, in Road to the Vale of Clover

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject:

or the lucky horseshoes

or trinket of lady luck

or eat the fish that gives you happiness to boost luck

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject:

There is many things to give you better luck. The problem is, most people are convinced luck does nothing at all.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject:

Suffice it to say that neither Ergorian nor myself are n00bs, we are both so much better at this game than otiff that it isn't even funny, and we both hoard luck items like they are going out of freaking style.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject:

there's no reset on Jim for the four-leaf clover

edit: there is now, wtf?

this must be just me, I must have gone to the idiot and checked resets and seen the clover sprigs instead of going to Jim. I guess this is one of those idiot problems

1 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

This likely isn't in the right place, I apologize. I must say, gaining trip, but losing special abilities is a "short end of the stick" change. Rugged slith now only punches once, unless you strength him? There are other examples, but I am short on time. /endrant

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject:

You guys sound like you're saying that it seems necromancers zombies don't do enough damage. I'd be surprised if that was really the case because even if you don't look directly at the math, if you don't even bother to do that.... you just put a necromancer side by side with an invoker, one of those dudes is casting hellstream desperately and trying to manage whatever element weaving magic shit he does, while the other is having his damage for basically free by pets. While he casts rend life! Its easy! Just have patience? Everything seems to be instant gratuity nowadays. try fighting people without zombies and see how good you already are without them, I think you'd be very surprised. Necro is a very strong powerful class. Very strong. This stuff doesn't need to be a demolition ball of dps

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject:

"while casting rend" doesnt really apply to illithid, and also the change was still a gimp, hardcore, I am not necessarily saying necros suck now, but that change that gave zombies trip, and removed their other abilities, was a definite gimp.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject:

Special elite races and classes will always be significantly weaker than their non-elite cousins. The goal is to allow elite players to prove their vast superiority.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject:

I would say in terms of top-end potential, the necro change was a buff. But the time to get to that state is incredibly costly. And I would say they are significantly weaker before they have a chance to get their zombies strengthed. Overall I would describe the animate corpse change as a nerf because the penalties outweigh the benefits.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: