Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 9 hours.

Lets get on the train train!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tayyah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject: Lets get on the train train!

Hello unsuspecting reader, welcome to my very first guide, Let’s get on the train train! I am not an authority on being an elite killer or articulate role-player but every single one of my characters had something in common. They were all trained to the nines! 100's all around. Now I normally just stick to the warrior class but this can be applied to every other class and in the future, I’ll be adding a spells version as well.

**DISCLAIMER**
I am not saying this is the absolute best way of doing absolutely everything. if you feel I am misleading someone in part or whole than leave a comment and we'll talk about it. I am just sharing my experiences on training in abandoned realms.

I am going to start this at level 1. You just entered the game as a warrior, and you haven’t used any practices yet. (Trains can be used on whatever you need them for) I always leave dodge at 1% and parry as well. Leaving one weapon at 1% which I will explain in a bit. (This isn’t required for any other class) You can practice shield block, but practicing other ones will slow down the process. At this point I will level to 23 as quickly as possible. I have done it solo and very short periods of time (I have had at least a dozen full trained 50 warriors in my carrier, half were giants)

23 is the key level because this is where you get dual parry and your training begins. On the way you can practice pretty well anything you need to, except what is mentioned before. Practice dual parry, get the appropriate weapons that you left at 1%. For sake of argument, I will use axe for my warrior. I get the sharp cutting axe and rusted dagger from the weapon shop in seringale as well as a scarecrow from the juggernaut and a buckler from goblin village. Now head to gnome village and into the mines. You'll want to remove all that you are wearing for a moment, and just wear only the axe and your light. Use the prisoners at the entrance of the mine by saying hello to them. And start attacking hobgoblin soldiers and miners with your axe and fleeing until you have them all mad at you. Using the axe will make it so that you don’t damage them in the process. At this point, with them all mad at you and such, flee into the very bottom of the mine by the king and drop your scarecrow and attack it. Use the axe and the dagger in your offhand first, and this will only use dual parry and it will increase faster. (You’ll want to bring supplies this could be a bit) Once dual parry is done, you can drop the dagger and wear the shield and master shield block without leaving the first time.

Once the first two are done (shield block and dual parry) Return to Seringale and see your guildmaster about practicing parry and go buy a blindfold from mundo the jester in Seringale. At this point I’ll do the same thing I did before to gather up the little creatures in the mines to fight at the scarecrow wielding just one weapon that you have practiced and occasionally throwing on the blindfold for blind fighting training (defending yourself will trigger % increases so having all of them fighting you is an excellent way to train this) once parry is finished, you can return to seringale for the final defence and train dodge. Once you gather up everything with your axe, you can fight the scarecrow in hand to hand, and all you will do is dodge. So you will master it in no time. I usually have blind fighting finished, by the time that I have finished defences. (Shield block and dual parry are not very reliable for blind fold as you will start taking too much damage) (Some races and your equipment might require you to use some potions from Timeran to sustain yourself)

At this point, I will have run out of warlord medals and I'll need to go to the mansion or emerald forest (either work) and do laps on whatever you can do comfortably to get overlord challenges and acquire warlord tokens. Finding groups and using surges or guild rewards are ideal. I'll either do butlers or nymphs, with defences mastered even in worn leather they are super easy. At this point you'll realise that the game just changed for you, you’re welcome. Once you have acquired some more warlord medals, I'd say about two or three hundred. (Use weapons that are lowest, dual wield whenever you can) Most of what training is is time spent. You have to take the time, or you won’t get a return.
Once the scarecrows are in your possession, you can go to any "pedestal" you can find in Serin. There are quite a few, I won’t give away secret ones here because that’s not fair to the people who have found them. If you don’t know of any other ones, the one in the gnome village will work. You no longer need a crowd so at this point you can have every skill you know practiced. Once you are fighting a scarecrow you can hand it a shield or a weapon, and it will immediately wield it, so you can disarm it, and give it back to him... Over and over and over and over... And then, you can give him a shield, and disarm it and give it back to him, and disarm him, and give it back to him... you get the picture. At this point in your characters life, the training can very. Having both accessible disarms mastered, as well as all your defences, probably a few weapons and blind fighting? You already are a force to be reckoned with.

**Additional info**
For charge, I prefer to charge into everything in the elemental canyon. They are plentiful and usually die immediately on the charge.

Dirt kick I use all the time, while ranking, while doing defences, while sleeping. By the time I have mastered 4 weapons, I generally have dirt kick mastered from general use.

Always have warcry up, always. if you are alive, warcry shoud be on your affects. From general use by the time you hit 200 hours played warcry will be mastered. (Training is a patience game)

trip, bash, hobble, sideswipe etc, there is no trick to mastering these. You can spam them on a dummy, or you can use them doing laps on nymphs or ofcol guards. its up to you, it doesnt matter what you use these skills on so long as you are using them

****Freebie for you guys****
my trick to mastering haggle, if you go to griff and buy 10 duck|drop 10 duck over and over, you will master haggle in no time flat. I have done it in a surge in 5 minutes

2 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

milkshake is better than duck

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

Corn is better than milkshake

1 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

I thought you guys were being serious. Milkshakes don't actually work, you cant haggle something that only costs 2 gold, I Tried about 2000 milkshakes. didn't get a single haggle...

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

I was being serious. Maybe Haggle was nerfed

0 0 0
Stephen2Aus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Serious training tip - the Juggernaut now sells training boosts!

Between this, surges and guild reward, there's basically no reason to ever train without a training boost active.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Would it be OK if we made this a sticky? I just learned this about 3/4 days ago and wished I had seen this earlier.

1 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

you found it helpful? i actually forgot about it haha

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Ummm. Going from trying to master skills on random various creatures to being able now to reliably train at least my defenses makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I also buy the fantastic training boost while I solo xp.

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: