Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 18 hours.

Support for AR's cMUD msdp plugin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Clifton, could you explain this in a little more detail?

"I couldn't figure out how to make all the backgrounds rgb(50,50,50). The pure black background was clashing a lot with the text."

Will add keyboard in the next build.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject:

CMUD msdp plugin version 1.10 is now available for download.

http://abandonedrealms.com/plugins/index.php#cMUD

Code:
v1.10

Cleaner msdp negotiation and renegotiation on connect, reboot, and unexpected disconnections
Chii and chii bolt gauges for monks
Bulwark gauge for dark-knights
Group information now in 2 rows of 4, rather than 1 row of 8
Preset numpad macros (disable the keyboard class folder inside general class folder if you've customized your own)
A basic targeting script (typing 'target goblin' assigns goblin to variable prey, make a 'dirt @prey' macro to use this)

The download, installation instructions, and faq have been updated. Please report any problems or additional feature requests here.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject:

can you update the screenshot if its significantly changed
this might be better to also post in the update forum than just on the support thread so that we get facebook exposure, gets more peoples eyes on it
i'll do it this time

0 0 0
Aberdour

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Mac version

So it appears there is no Mac version of this silly program and I have a ZMud license somewhere. I assume I could use that with Parallel's. All that being said CMUD is that much better than ZMUD?

Please respond in layman's terms... For my simpleton brain I assume what you are allowing people to download is what I think of as a "script" for ZMUD. I had buttons, etc. (as I cant type worth a damn).

Would I be correct?

0 0 0
Aberdour

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: LOL

and.... it helps to click on the lick and see a version... I again assume this will NOT work with ZMUD and if I wanted to use it I would have to purchase CMUD and run Parallel's in order to use it.

Let me know if I am wrong. Smile Where were you guys when I used to play this game and got killed all the time... Smile

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Yep, it's client-specific. I have a couple macs also but I haven't had time to learn how to use them yet. I've been sshing into a remote linux machine to use tintin++.

These scripts are cool but usually have a couple issues that prevent me from using them while PKing. I haven't tried this cmud one yet though.

0 0 0
Stephen2Aus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject:

This plugin changed my life.

Thanks so much!

0 0 0
Mogu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I realize this thread is old but I'm trying out Olyn's cmud plug-in for the first time.

- After logging on, the text in the main window appears messy, particularly any text that's hyperlinked (e.g., the word "opal" on opal rings or "bracer" on enchanted leather bracers). There is an odd looking character followed by numerous additional spaces following any hyperlinked text.

- The *score* screen looks like the word wrap isn't working correctly (this isn't a big deal, just looks a lot uglier).

- Lastly, a minimap appears in the main window immediately to the left of room descriptions and it's all out of alignment and basically useless (this is separate from the dedicated minimap window that shows the the minimap and looks perfectly fine). Is there a way to get rid of the minimap in the main window? It just looks like clutter and is unnecessary with the dedicated minimap window.

It's probably a simple setting or two I'm just overlooking but any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

1) Try Options -> General -> MXP -> Enable in cMud. If that doesn't fix it, try toggling off the 'MXP' command in-game. I haven't any issues with cMUD MXP with or without the plug-in.

2) I'm not sure what you mean here. Try adjusting your window sizes and your fonts. Maybe post a screenshot so I can see what you're talking about.

3) I think you're looking for the 'automap' toggle in-game. If that's not it, post a screenshot of the problem.

0 0 0
AnOldSoul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: BIg thanks

I know this an old thread but I wanted to give a huge shout out to Olyn for making this available. I've come to the realization I've been at war using risk pieces for YEARS.

This is a huge game changed in quality of life.

To be fair, I moved from a single window JMC (oof) to CMUD for this, but my mind is blown by this transition right now. Absolutely worth the cost of CMUD in my opinion.

Thank you for this Olyn!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject:

That was really nice to be able to read, thanks.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

You're welcome. Don't hesitate to post anything I need to update on the plug-in to keep up with changes to AR.

0 0 0
AnOldSoul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

Can someone explain the tick timer? I see it mentioned but don't really see anything else on it?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

tick timers don't work well in AR, we stagger tick length to defeat them

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Like Nycticora said, the ticks on AR are staggered so a timer will never be perfect. You could make a class folder full of triggers based on MUD text you only ever see when a tick happens (e.g. "The sun slowly disappears in the west.") to reset an approximation timer that gives you a warning a few seconds before a tick should occur, but it will never be 100% accurate because of the stagger. I've never felt the need to do it myself, but I'd be willing to help you through it if it's important to you.

0 0 0
AnOldSoul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

No, I just had seen it mentioned. For the most part you can anticipate a tick after playing for.. well, too long. I was just curious.

I do have some questions about the $$ targeting and murder / skill aliases. The most I've been able to do is aliases and some simple triggers, and I just can't get my stoner head around the murder $$ / cast X $$ business. Is there a resource you could point me to that breaks that down?

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject:

its super simple

target tayyah

this will assign tayyah as the substitute for anything you use $$ for

so for example

murder $$ is actually murder tayyah, or
dirt $$

untarget tayyah will cancel it

This way you can use a whole bunch of aliases with all of them using $$ and than just change your target instead of having to change all your aliases.

1 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject:

In the cmud plug-in, you type 'target bob' to assign your target as bob. To use it, set up any macros you want using the prey variable like:

F5
blackjack @prey

F6
backstab @prey

1 0 0
AnOldSoul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject:

These are both supremely helpful.. I have honestly been typing out opponent names.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Glad to help. I can probably do an update in the fall if people tell me what needs added. For example, last update I think I updated to reflect the changes to monk chii gauges.

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: