Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 3 hours.

Ore salvaging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Ore salvaging

My thought was having a blacksmith type/ore salvage ability. The ability to salvage ore after you destroy a forged item by putting it back in the furnace.
Say you aren't happy with the way a 15 ore forged item came out, or you killed somebody and got a forged item that you would rather get ore back out of it and put towards another forged piece. Put it in the furnace to destroy the item to get your gem back, but also have the chance(say 0-35%) of salvaging some of ore back from the item.
Perhaps make it limited to a few classes and/or races. Warriors comes to mind... zerkers, rangers maybe? Druids when they release? Perhaps a dwarf could be more proficient with this process and salvage more ore. OR maybe keep the ability limited to a few classes that make sense to be able to perform this skill, and dwarf/(duergar?) since their heritage of living in mountains and their familiarity with precious metals farmed from within.
Maybe it would bring more attention to people forging in general. Not really sure how many people like playing with it anyways.
Just a thought... Chew on it and see if you guys come up with more or better ideas for it?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I don't like it. I downvote this idea.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I don't know anything about forging, is there an up to date forging guide? I have an idea similar to this I'm already working on

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject:

ugh i can forge so well it's dumb dumb easy but it takes a long ass time and dedication so i can plus 1 what he's talking about here because getting 50 ore and a nice gem forge and still end with not what ya want sucks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Stephen2Aus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

I think this is a cool idea.

But I don't know enough about how good the armour is (can be), if it's really powerful, we should be careful to retain some kind of parity of difficulty/commitment between forging and gathering via rares/gambling.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: