Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

Item and Set Ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Item and Set Ideas

Throw your thoughts on items and/or sets here.

Taken from Nycticora:

Code:
There are 3 hard parts of making an item:

1. the idea, description, what type it should be, etc.
2. the stats
3. the place it will spawn in-game

good suggestions will be taken heavily into account if they reduce the workload of one of those 3 hard parts

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

We have engraving, imbuing and forging. With the diversity of class options that have been popping up allowing class customization, I thought of something that could add some flavor to the armor situation.

Idea: inlay

The principle of it: there is a base armor with black tear/mithril level stats. This base has 1-3 slots for gems that would then boost the properties of the armor and give it a new, cooler description that you inlay at the forges.

examples:
(a) dull, metallic breastplate (when you examine it, you notice there are three empty slots) base stats: 1 dam 1 str--nonrare.
Inlay some crazy blue sapphire and get: a plain, sapphire-encrusted breastplate//2dam 1 str--nonrare
Inlay a nice ruby: a shining breastplate with rivers of blue and red//3dam 1str--rare
Inlay a piece of onyx to finish it off: a gleaming breastplate emblazoned with a crying, bloody oculus//4dam 1 str or 3dam 2str or 3dam 1 str +5ac--rare

(b) dull, metallic shield//10hp--nonrare
Inlay amber: a plain, amber-encrusted shield//10hp 1 con--nonrare
Inlay an emerald: a shining shield studded with amber and green//15hp 1con--rare
Inlay an amethyst: a heroic shield emblazoned with a long-stemmed, honey-filled orchid--25hp 1 con

I'm thinking the base armor could all be on one dude or it could be spread out across a couple different mobs/areas. Probably some dwarves/duergars would have it. Some of the duergars on the redhorne mountain path. A dwarf at grimforge. A dwarf at the dwarven encampment. Somebody in Solace with an orderly piece. Someone in Darkhaven with a chaotic one.

Slots that could have armor get inlaid: torso, shield, arms, legs

The gems:
Existing gems could be used along with the addition of some more. Since three slots per armor would mean there could be a huge increase on the demand of gems, maybe a specific inlay gem category could be introduced where the gems are rare but there are maybe 8-10 of each one.

To deal with the naming conventions, each gem would have a (A) color (b) adjective and (c) noun. This way the item can progress with flavor. Tier 1 would just be gem-encrusted. Tier 2 would use the colors of the gem. And tier 3 would create a custom ad-lib type string using the adjectives and noun with the last gem inlaid getting the noun spot and the other two using adjectives.

And then each gem could add a different effect so you could build your own stats as well.

--edit-- also totally forgot the most important part. Tier 3 shit would definitely be glowing humming

(glowing)(humming) a gleaming breastplate emblazoned with a crying, bloody oculus
(glowing)(humming) a heroic shield emblazoned with a long-stemmed, honey-filled orchid

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject:

I think this is a great idea. Letting people customize their stats (with time and effort) would be awesome. This is also a possible solution for uneven offerings between armor classes.

I also think that the imbuing system was a fantastic addition that's seen very little use. Maybe we could explore making that better? I think the problem at the moment is that it's way easier to spend a few minutes getting 20k gold to buy a random item than it is to farm materials for a random rare with the same stats.

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject:

I like the direction. I also like the limitations on what items could be inlaid, that would help against OPness. The dwarves/duergars holding the gems is perfect, perhaps add a new mob Master Cutter or Master Jeweler (something along those lines) in those areas to hold a randomized gem for inlay.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject:

First idea I had for a set.

elegant green silk slippers - from Lady Xiao, the Jade Empress, in A Mirrored Room
faded black robes - from an elderly monk, in Prison Pens
a red adamantine belt - from a jotun berserker, in Guard Room
a red adamantine helm - from a jotun berserker, in Guard Room
a webbed ring - from the undertaker, in The city morgue
a webbed ring - from the undertaker, in The city morgue

Set of the Three Paths

Affects

Detect Good
Detect Evil
Infravision
+5 Damroll
+50 HP
+25 AC

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: