Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 2 hours.

Combat of thieves
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m1coftw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Thieves should be thieves.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject:

Agreed. They should be opportunists. Hiding and then kicking somebody when they're down. Makes then a unique class.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Thieves should get hellstream.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Dammit Divsky. I was gonna suggest that.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject:

I thought you'd suggest squid thieves.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Thieves should be thieves .. who would have thought that spigot of retardation would have finally produced such poetry

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Why did thieves ever lose the gag and cutpurse skills? They were cool skills that fit the class really well. I especially liked how you could use gag after a blackjack to keep Justices from knowing that you were attacking someone in town.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:33 am    Post subject:

I don't know. I am in favor of bringing them back.

Re: imms being lazy and not posting updates - I don't think all updates should be posted. You shouldn't always have all the information. That's always been part of AR. If we update something and you wreck with it before it's fully documented you are playing the game as it is supposed to be played.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: players in this game are expected to get unfair advantages over other players due to their diligence, intelligence, and noticing aspects of the game that others (including the imms) have overlooked. It's why we have a "report it then abuse it" exploit policy unless you are breaking game rules or circumventing mechanics that cause the game to be ruined for other players.

Here are some examples:

1. A player figured out a way to make a million gold reselling Griff's milkshakes to another vendor and reported it. We replied to the bug "abuse until fixed" and fixed it a few days later.

2. A player figured out a way to buy Keeper gambled items from Keeper vendors once, reported it, and equipped himself with them. No punishment was issued and no items were removed.

3. A player figured out the Sword of Seasons was only doing drowning damage (and not all elements in rotation as intended) and dunked Fynth with it. No punishment was issued.

4. A player summoned the druids that attack on sight if you aren't wearing a druid cloak to a newbie area to watch it kill newbies and didn't report it. This player was slain and looted as punishment.

A thief using an undocumented skill you don't know about is perfectly fine. Yes we should fix it eventually but it's not a problem.

The update summaries are awesome though, I don't think they provide too much information to players. It's just the right amount.

0 1
boo,
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject:

[quote]
3. A player figured out the Sword of Seasons was only doing drowning damage (and not all elements in rotation as intended) and dunked Fynth with it. No punishment was issued.[/quote]

That one still makes me smile. #loveyoufynth.

0 0 0
Cartsel

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Soo..... I sent this in a while ago...

preset... bump steal... so irl thieves will often times bump into folks to steal items. Set it where thieves can "bump" into target if they are in the same room with them. This has to be set up beforehand. meaning they have scouted out the item they want to "borrow"... then they bump into them somehow to get it. This could be done with little lag, so that they could run by and do it.

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: