Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

Changes you don't like.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

I think there must be something more worthwhile to spend development effort on.

How about this: Faelon and Nadrin, you have until the end of today to each submit one idea that will make the game more fun and if I can implement one of these ideas in one day I will do it.

But I won't be enabling out of range pk because it is not a net gain. If you get more fun from it someone else gets less fun. It's at best net zero

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

You know its been so long since I actually played a cabal character or looked a the system. It actually gives me a fresh perspective. I think its stupid that giving a cabal item to a guardian makes it into a level 50 mob. It should be held by a level 30 mob which can actually be killed by a new cabal applicant. Sure then you have the problem of lowbies sometimes retrieving right under the nose of a level 50. But thats better than being the lowbie and feeling useless. Plus, youre looking at that the wrong way anyways. If you cap a cabal items, you're inconveniencing the people who have to come and get it back. Its not an inconvenience for the people who do it, it is rewarded and you can just do it again and be rewarded again (it is cabal points right). Your wasting their time, and theyre feeding you more currency

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

To be clear, the path is an alarm zone. I don't care about it. But plain and simple if you want to be a douche and fuck with someone because you know they have too respond inside the cabal, you deserve what you get. At this point people who make it into canals know if someone is there to invade or there by mistake.

He'll you don't want to change zones don't. Bring back henchman. Allow cabal members to evict people from their canals with henchman. Something, but when an illusionist puts up dupes invades then goes to sleep inside your cabal while laughing at you something is wrong. I understand pk limitations in the game but there is no rhyme or reason inside your cabal.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Nadrin, again, correct me if I am wrong but it looks like you can get plenty of cabal currency for stealing other cabal items. So you've nothing but profit to gain from someone getting their item back - just capture it again. You can use the currency to kill someone that matters and watch them get chewed out by their OWN cabal for strengthening you. Like I said it would be better if they could actually stand a chance of getting the item back so that (a) you can rinse and repeat and milk for all its worth, and (b) a rule enforcing retrieval would be fair to impose and favorable for the capper.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject:

I'm not opposed to going the opposite direction and lowering the level of the cabal guardian, in favor of a return to forced retrieval for all cabals.

The problem isn't so much that someone wants the ability to whack someone out of range. The problem is that a cabal member has to respond to an invasion, period. So someone out of range can simply run in and out to fuck with someone, with zero concerns of retribution.

Regardless, I'm still going to play. I'm simply tossing my two cents into the hat as for why I think a change may be a good thing.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject:

Nyct:

http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11439

If you'd like my suggestions on where placement could be, I am more than happy to offer it.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject:

My problem is what Faelon said. If someone wants to fuck around, say an uncaballed who cant get to 50 because there is no one to rank with, or who just doesn't want to. He can invade over and over again and each time, I am forced to stop doing what I am doing and go respond. My response is to go stand there and make sure he doesnt get my item, because until he touches a cabal item, my hands are tied. That is the only thing I have a problem with. I do not care about the path, because hey mistakes happen. But if someone is actively invading I should be able to kill them. That is like saying

Hey Im going to go murder all these guys in front of you since you can't stop me to a cop. Meanwhile the cop is standing there watching these people radio in because his gun cant hurt this guy. Not realistic at all, and highly frustrating. I don't want to kill lowbies. It hurts my record to kill someone that much lower than me. But that said it totally breaks my rp and my immersion to stand there and watch someone invade my holy grounds and be impotent to stop him.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject:

Cabal guard should be lvl 30 I agree with dav. And I think to Nycs point Druids are a much better use of time. I thought there was some suggestion I was against months again that was argued to be great because it was "one of the last things and druids are done." Well where they are

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

sry ottif, a couple of the druid ideas ended up being kind of shitty and it's still in progress so we can get something better

sometimes you can't know until you're halfway through coding it or start play testing

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

Actually, it will be better received if it is updated WITH druids arrival than in a larger update. Even if its a bad idea. The only reason not to wait is if this really is pissing a lot of people off and can't.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

maybe healing the guild guard when you can't fight with it sucks and feels bad

maybe we could use a trap or some other way for the cabal to actively defend without enabling full on lowbie stomping

was just talking to olyn about this, it's kind of a tough idea to form because we tried npc henchmen already and they sucked

maybe you can just yell "release the hounds" or drop a killer bee hive in the room

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject:

KILLER BEE HIVE!!!!!!!!

0 0 0
Oxyl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Reviving part of this cabal discussion - cabal funds. The cabal banks are basically useless now that cabal supplies can only be bought with cabal currency. I'd like to see far more ways for the different cabals to earn their currency. Top of my head ideas:

Justices:
Killing certain chaotic mobs
Sacrificing wild weapons (off mobs or PK)
Someone pays off a fine that that Justice had gave them

Knights:
Sacrificing anti_good weapons (off mobs or PK)
Killing certain evil mobs.

Legion:
Sac'ing anti_evil weapons (off mobs or PK)
Killing certain good mobs

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject:

allow for conversion of mystic relics into cabal currencies? they are somewhat more difficult to get than warlord medals or Herald chips.

all of your stated sacrifice items are great ideas to me.

knights should get a decent amount of currency when they get someone to oath or when they stun someone off a crusade.
maybe even when they squire too

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject:

what about sacrificing gambled eq at a big pit full of lava and when you throw them in it fills a little bit more each time

and you can drain the lava and smelt it into cabal currency

or if the pool fills you can bathe in it to get +1 death

you have to start it up by melting down a rare

keepers can throw rares in instead of gambled and they count for more

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

I like that idea but from an rp standpoint that really only makes sense for keepers. How about making it different for each cabal? I like the idea of making it difficult enough to require multiple people so that it encourages people to actually stay online longer.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 1
boo,
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Okay, so requiring pets to have their own rafts. Yes it doesn't really make sense for all of us to be crammed on to a seashell, but this is a detrimental change to classes that go through charmies fairly quickly (illusionist/ranger).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

This is a bug that has been reported. I identified a larger mob movement bug a few weeks ago whose fix likely altered mob movement in unexpected ways. We already fixed pets running out of moves. This is the only other related thing that has been identified.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Thank you!

0 1
boo,
ottif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject:

New druid roll out. I know certain people can't ever admit to being wrong but ... Can you just test it privately and open the class to everyone like every other game ever? This roll out makes no sense and kinda makes me lose interest in returning to play the class. Or at least pick someone who plays regularly and can write a decent background, sheesh. 1/3rd into the month and only 15 characters have even logged an hour a day (druid not being one of them......) so far so I really don't think people are dying to interact with this druid guy. the druid is a mystic on page 2 of the pvp rankings too, what exactly are they testing... lol

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 17 of 25

Jump to: