Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 17 hours.

Rare purges
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abandoned Realms

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Rare purges

Next month rare purge will add a second solution : If you have acquired
six guild points, you will be spared. Keep in mind that you have to
activate guild reward at least once to get the other 3 points needed.
Overall it requires playing at least 30 minutes on six different days and
its up to you whether to play the hour or just throw away the guild reward
to get the full six points. There is nothing offered in game to track it
and there shall be no refunds as usual as a disclaimer.

2 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

I approve.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

so I'm a simpleton and the wording confuses me a bit. just Co clarify... this makes it so that the normal amount of time to play still makes you not rare purged. but now as well as... if you get 6 guild points in the month it does the same thing? so I can either do all of my time once in one day. or just play half an hour a day for a week and use my reward in the middle for the same effect? doesn't this cut the required time by well over half? I didn't think keeping Rares was an issue

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

There may be a month where a player cannot play for 20 hours, life happens, after all. With this, you can earn, burn, and earn another reward to keep those rares. That's 20 hours reduced to six. I myself lost some uniques this month. I see this change as a reduction of stress, we all know there are items that are not easily obtained.

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

There may be some a couple players with titanium that log on for the minimum amount just to keep it. All that means is you'll have to kill them when they're on to get it.

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject:

*there may be ....ha! My bad.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

this makes it so that the normal amount of time to play still makes you not rare purged.

Correct.

but now as well as... if you get 6 guild points in the month it does the same thing?

Correct.

so I can either do all of my time once in one day. or just play half an hour a day for a week and use my reward in the middle for the same effect?

Correct.

doesn't this cut the required time by well over half?

Correct. It seems like you understood everything just fine.

I didn't think keeping Rares was an issue

Have you not been listening? These are some of the other things players have said on the forums (I don't disagree):

1) Getting rare-purged sucks, it even puts people off playing anymore. (Feeling of pressure to get online and pass 17 possibly dull hours has gotten unreasonable in light of less fighting from a smaller pbase)
2) Now that the playerbase is much smaller, hoarding has a more pronounced affect. And the opportunities for high level rares to swim up the pk ladder are smaller and once a niche level 35 ninja gets a pimp suit, it's much harder to bring him down because there is little risk of an HGOD to then distribute said pimp suit amongst a wider field. it's incredibly easy to log the minimum number of hours especially on classes with stealth and during times of very low player activity to hold on to a suit.
3) the hoarders who log on a few times a month and power-play to making the minimum number of hours to keep their shit.
4) the problem of when some lowbie gold mining douchetard accumulates top tier rares via the auction house or looting corpses and runs around hoarding a suit of the best shit in the game.
5) Minimum hours is one thing that is slightly distasteful, but minimum hours that get logged in two days of 10 hour play that quits when a pk shows up and logs back in some time later to see if anyone is there. Then continues the non interactive 10 hour log session to get the minimum 20 (or whatever it is). It's pretty ridiculous.

With a rule that allows many more of us to actually KEEP rares, its going to be more worthwhile to compete and maybe even we'll be able to up the rare limits. Personally, I will definitely be one of the people grabbing guild points with 30 minute play sessions after druids are out.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

we'll keep an eye on it, feed back if this causes too many rares to get hoarded or something but it shouldn't be a problem

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Also wanted to add, the important underlying goal is to induce more people into playing the game more competitively, which is likely to happen when they feel they're able to do what's necessary to do that.

I think we'll see that most players initially trying to hit six guild points end up going way over the minimum time without really caring about it. Most of the time people play quite a bit longer. There's no negatives. If, by the end of the month, they didn't get six guild points in time, then the minimum hours provides a backup (if anything, that's whats going to end up increased IMO).

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject:

Anyone else notice this didn't work in June?

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject:

Worked for one of my characters in July. I assume you mean July.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject:

Erp ya, July.

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject:

Didn't work for me, but to be honest, I don't recall using two rewards, either. I've been hit-or-miss lately. Shit happens, right?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

Issue it and ill look into.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

Just saw this, and I definitely think there should be a cool down on it. I don't think you should be able to indefinitely be able to log 3 hours every month and keep a l33t suit.

I would suggest making this option available as a once every six months last resort mechanism.

As Ty said, sometimes life gets in the way, and I think having this 6 point saving grace would be good to mitigate that. But if it's available every month, then I think it does more harm than good.

The other offset which Dav mentioned that I could get on board with is upping the circulation of rares. Something to the effect of: track the eq of characters who log fewer than the required hours to keep rares and if the same rares are kept for two consecutive months, their max is automatically upped by 1.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

im listening but just so you know i am logging who gets purged and why to help with decison making.. i dont think this is that easy but maybe we could require it satisfied by everyvody if you think so

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. I think some items should be excluded from this purge. Unique items should get purged if you do not make the set amount of hours required to keep them. Simple rares could be kept if you meet the requirement for guild points. Also it should have a one month limit. You should not be able to go five months in a row playing only 4 hours and keep a ton of bad ass equipment.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject:

We'll take this feedback into account and revisit this, thanks for the information. If you can give any more info about why you came to this conclusion, post it in the discrete board if you don't want to call anyone out

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

I thought of a possible solution that will help and hopefully fix the current issue this is causing. We could have it so only one character per account is not purged if you have the proper amount of guild points. So you would have to have a registered account and link your characters to that account for this to Work. If someone is abusing it by making more than one account for rare storage it would be obvious to those who can see what character is linked to what account. The current status in game is that most of the lighty only requested eq is hoarded by people who only log to get the guild points and that’s it. A lot of end game gear is on low level characters that are only getting the 6 hours required. I have the character list from the last 5 months mid way through the month and the end of the month. More than enough proof to back my claims. Also it would make sense if this only worked on lv 50 characters. I understand it’s the holiday season and not everyone can take the time to play lots of video games so I am being patient and hoping this gets looked at sometime in the future.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

I don't think that's the kind of benefit we want to tie to forum verification. Also it sounds like a penalty to me. I'm more fond of the unique exclusion idea you presented above. Perhaps we could include a factor to ensure that at least one of each rare is restored to the realms each month, and if you have the lowest hours out of the qualifiers (and there isn't already one in stock), then you lose it.

Last edited by Vevier on Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: