Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 5 hours.

new class idea: blacksmiths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grimsonbowl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: new class idea: blacksmiths

Could a class called blacksmith fit it?

they can smelt equipment for ingredients.
forge weapons, armor, etc..
mine for gems that could be used to add effects to equipment.
take dam and hit rolls from invokers and give that stats to blacksmith, invokers in turn can enchant str,int,wis,dex, etc..

they can add ac to equipment

create skeleton keys

they would have to forge their tools, better the tool the better chance of the skill working.

was trying to create more player interaction. just some ideas right now but have more in a notebook at home.

just want to see what you guys think.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

It sounds to me like a profession or job rather than a class. Its not quite what I see from a class. When I think of a paladin I think of one of the Knights Templar who goes off on holy crusades, holy warriors with a code of chivalry they have to adhere to etc. Its pretty complete. I'm not saying every class is any better by the way. Usually if someone's a ninja they're going to be like typically unlawful hired killers that are hunting prey for bounty and political reasons and attempt to avoid anyone knowing who they really are. In AR a ninja is like a flavour of thief with some spells.
Also I'm not saying this doesnt work but in the context you wrote, it doesn't look like a class. I mean for a blacksmith to be a class you'd probably have to figure out how he fights, e.g. he carries and uses a bellows to blow people away from him, he summons magical anvils from the skies etc. I imagine he'd be creating earthly objects on the fly like Hal Jordan does with the Green Lantern power rings, except he'd have to somehow do that non-supernaturally which is weird. That could become something really fun but I dont think its what you had in mind... is it? It sounds like you just wanted a side-profession to trade with . Which we could facilitate by adding this functionality to NPC. We do have forge already and lock-picking. We could probably do skeleton key making. There is a thief in the area I live who has access to all the mailboxes because he stole a UPS key. obviously he's going to jail when they catch him unlocking one

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: