Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 15 hours.

Monster pots and rankings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be vehemently opposed to instituting two week periods that alternate between monster potions and cakes being available and not being available?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

Ty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject:

If our player base increases, this mechanic will likely change.
I, for one, don't want to be sitting in the mid-high 30s trying to level up. I'm not a fan of of the ranks 6-17 area (depending on class). I find myself on my own with nary a defense and sleep more than I fight.

Where monster pots are concerned, so long as the mob doesn't have a rare item, sanctuary won't match a monster pot. They're expensive after you mass the monster and regen pots, but they give you something like a +2 Sanctuary with heals-over-time with those regens.

This here seems to me that a player wants to make it more difficult for everyone involved.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject:

I definitely would like to know how anyone just gets a minotaur berserker from 40-42 on their own reasonably easily without the monster potions. I had a Legion of that class many years ago and I hit a very hard wall at 37 (pre-monster potions) and I recently hit that again with a monk. In the monk's case I feel like I could've resorted to the potions but didn't want to spend the gold or effort on them, especially because with that high of monster hp you need to refresh the potion every 2 kills. I'm not even accounting for spilled healing potions from trying to quaff while fighting. It sounds crazy. It seems like it would bankrupt very quickly.
Are we talking scripted training into a million gold in early levels? If that is what it is, then I get it. But people are levelling warlord apps too?

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

Are you trying to fix something that ain't broke?
These mechanics are in place because of a smaller playerbase. Should it increase, these mechanics will be adjusted.

I, for one, don't much care for the 6-17 levels, I'd hate to think of having to solo 30s-pinnacle. By the by, sanctuary is nice, but it doesn't hold a candle to monster pots.

0 0 0
Ty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject:

Monster pots are like Sanctuary +2

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject:

Dav, i think monks can stay leopard and level without pots if they max their anatomy. The heals are quite efficient with chii build. But with the low dmg, it'll take a long time per kill.

Other classes will need to sleep a lot. You kill 2 or 3 mobs then yoi go rest? Or you just burn gold. Yup that's about it.

0 0 0
grant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I think the problem here is somewhat obvious:

-Eat me/drink me cakes/potions are being abused by OOC groups specifically, and/or always on-ners to get to 50 too quickly.

That being said:

-Monster potions make sense for levelling (although they should arguably be provided at your guild instead of alchemy stores)
-Levelling area mobs have too much HP and damage, specifically from around level 30 up.

I'm guessing implementation would suck to do this, but it seems like maybe the best answer is to tweak the mobs in levelling areas to accomodate less of a grindfest due to the lower player base.

Mobs that are aggro to make it harder to enter an area, ones that guard rareholders, and those that hold rares, should be the ones that have the absurd hps, damage, gold, etc. to encourage grouping at higher levels.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I would agree with that. Eat me and drink me or whatever is maybe being abused. You can leave repultions/restorations/whatever.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
raginggnome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject:

I think that it is pretty rough to solo past level 35-40, the monster pots definately help with it. If you wanted to slow things down maybe removing the lower level potions? Without many healers or shamans around it does make it difficult at later levels. The early levels pretty much any class can solo without potions, especially with mercs,pets etc. An alternative would be to writing a horde of reviews on TMS and TMC? Ideally if the pleyer base was larger you could remove the potions and drink/eat me things wich would force people to roll more healers and shamans, wich in turn would make for more Winter/Redhorne/Gasteride runs. That or maybe areas that were more viable for soloing, but with reduced exp for groups? Just a few areas so that there would be competition for the areas. I really miss the paranoia of leveling in an area with other people not in your group but in the same pk range, just waiting for the ganks to come, or having to resort the the Forest warriors or Kaddar Faeries to level lol.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject:

There's nothing special about the "eat me" cakes, any character can buy it at level 1 for a pittance of gold. I have no idea where you guys get off saying that is an abused item. That being said, an option we DO have is to make it a Mystics-only item... everybody has access to it. Since, they are the newbie-helping cabal. If they are then using it "OOC" that truly is abuse, and we can remove the Mystic instead of removing the cakes. And a few dipshits won't have ruined it for everyone. The item is very useful for the reduced size of the playerbase as many have noticed. Also I'm sure we can make the nerf (from being levelled down) more effective so that it doesn't result in 3 levels per kill or whatever you are seeing.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject:

uhm how can you say pinnacles are undervalued when you want to share secrets over accounts? it takes way longer and much more effort to get all the secrets than it does to level up.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

I don't see any problem with how it is currently.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

What about putting a 10 level cap on it? As in a 50 could only drop to 40. And a 37 could only 27 and so on. That would stop the complete power level while also still helping that rough patch of 35-42.

PSA: I'm not hugely for or against the cakes. Just throwing ideas around.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject:

raginggome, there aren't people on TMS and TMC who will read such reviews

these days we get new players when those players lose their mud because it died

if you can get more players please do, though

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

I went and had a look through the code and found the cake level only affects your hp and not your defenses.... So that's why people are ploughing through nymphs at level 10 for 5000 exp points. I've fixed this. It took me a few minutes.

There are a lot of places that level gets used and its going to be impossible to get them all. But we can easily get a heck of a lot better with the simple bread and butter things like defenses and dirt kick. I think its worth our while to just try to get the cakes right.

3 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject:

i just said remove tha crap but keep it if u want but here is my opinion

remove prize where u trade 10 medals for 100 chips, wisp essences became useless as soon as that happened

give cakes to mystics and let them be ultra rare drop from wisps
i think this stuff needs to be protected via drop rate n its very important to do that with some items that are high n demand esp cakes since they get abused n well its just goofy af to me

i need all brave rogues to protest with me n tha streets of seringale ALL TITLES MATTER!

kedaleam im comin for ur cabal Domokun

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject:

Arunore, i will take into account your medals suggestion but i am going to say it again, the cakes are available to everyone, that is impossible to be an abuse. You could perhaps fairly argue the OOC connection is what got abused but I would rather have that be acceptable to do as well. So instead of us complaining about someones unfair advantage lets how about we consider how to make it more fun to level new characters with friends without resorting to rushing them

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject:

Sure remove cakes and make these fuckers work the old fashioned way

I will personally go out of my way to get u killed if u dare ask me to rank ur lazy ass
Ull j7st delete when ur fifty anyway

Kedaleam this is all ur fault

1 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Waaaaaaatttttttt

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: