Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 3 hours.

Offhand alacrity/quick wield - why don't Warriors have it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ottif

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Overpower is a dumb skill but unfortunately you dont have the right forum user name for your suggestions to be taken seriously

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject:

fuck you ottif

1 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

in your dreams!

1 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Comments like that are useless, and THAT is why nothing certain people post is taken seriously.

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject:

i think if useless comments were sneakers you would be footlocker. im sorry the truth with a little sarcasm sprinkled on top for good measure is useless to you tho. if people put their egos aside and try to do better the comment is actually very useful.

0 0 0
Flyndance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:16 am    Post subject:

Nyc, i don't need you to spoonfeed me.
My comment was simply because Faelon said he would overpower warcry for the sake of a stunning warry. So I am telling him that it doesn't and he shouldn't be misleading others, so that they don't waste their time mastering warcry.
Yeah Nyc, maybe you are right that I don't know what overpower does. It doesn't change the fact that overpowering warcry does not do a stunning warcry.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject:

Faelon said:

Okay. So I know you are aware of all scenarios, as we have heard and seen, everyone else here is incapable of understanding your perspective, which is the only one that matters.

Because I like it when people are wrong when they act like arrogant sods, I'm going to throw out one good example of why I would overpower warcry;

Stunning warcry.

Flyndance, this is impossible. I'm sure the Immortals would have corrected Faelon if he provided the wrong info (after calling people out as arrogant sods). Please log a bug, the immortals will fix it, do something to help the game. Thanks.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject:

Don't giant warriors get a stunning warcry? Wouldn't that be worth overpowering?

0 0 0
Flyndance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

Nope. Tested it myself, giant warriors do not get stunning warcry when overpowered. At least, there is no such feedback message when i overpowered the warcry in combat.

@merlandox, i am sorry... i didn't know it was a bug.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

You're right, it's giant berserkers only.

For the record, a failure of immortals to correct something that's said doesn't necessarily mean it's true. Please do keep that in mind!

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

To be clear, it isn't misleading. I was wrong. I haven't played a warrior in a very long time. It's been even longer for giant warrior and I believed they had stunning warcry. In that, I am sorry I was wrong.

To continue the clarity, you are an arrogant sod. My being wrong in this instance, neither makes the skill useless nor does it clear you of acting arrogantly in the pithy fit you were throwing.

1 1
boo,
Flyndance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

I do not think I am arrogant. I only state things that I know with at least 90% certainty. I am confident because I had spent time in finding out and tested extensively within the limits of a player before making sweeping statements. I went on to master warcry just to be sure before I posted that comment saying that you are wrong. I may not be an immortal nor am I one of the older players here, but it does not mean that I do not know what I am talking about.

At the very least, I do not assume that I am right simply because I think I am right without first finding out for myself if indeed I am right, then bashing the comments of another with my unsubstantiated assumption.

Just as in the case of overpower, I had used overpower so many times before, on dirt kicking, on hobble, sideswipe, you name it, and statistically, its success rate is inferior vs non-overpowered skills on the same mob in the same combat instance, which is why I am calling it useless.
Just because the initial intention of overpower is coded as such does not mean that it is truly working as intended. There are always the possibilities of bugs in how that skill interacts with other code. Who here has even mastered overpower before and tested it out extensively like I did?

Perhaps, I do agree that there is that hint of arrogance when I state things with such confidence. But what is even more irksome is when another refutes my claim without even first bothering to find out if what I said is right or not.

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

sounds like giant warriors should get stunning warcry, I'll make sure to mention it to dav next time we talk about removing the giant mental vuln

maybe stone only to incentivise stone giants since we seem to be really short on those, not sure

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

"its success rate is inferior vs non-overpowered skills on the same mob in the same combat instance"

I don't believe you

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

overpowered sideswipe needs a buff from what I just read. It's WAY better on hobble than it is on sideswipe

I'll take a look at overpower myself and buff any skills that look bad

will post the delta in the forum

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Lets take a more methodical approach than that. We've always done things this way in the past and they've caused a lot of anger to go around, even though the changes were good and necessary. I think mostly its because it makes us seem like we're behaving reactionary instead of rationally. I've put something in the imm forums to discuss.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

I don't make balance changes without deliberation. Leave it be and I will take care of it. The next you hear will contain numbers. A forum poll of a pile of retards who don't know what the skill does won't provide useful feedback. You should be focusing on druid bugfixes if you focus on anything. This is a sideshow.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: