Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 17 hours.

pit multi doesn't count if items in pit for 48 hours

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Change the rule or not
Let people loot their other character's pit after 48 irl hours (2 days)
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Never let anyone loot their alt's items from a pit
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: pit multi doesn't count if items in pit for 48 hours

Should we change the rules so that it doesn't count as multiing if you loot your own corpse from the pit if the items have been in the pit for 48 IRL hours?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

No definitely not. That would get gamed for multi'ing as soon as we announced it. But I see the problem of plausible deniability. It would be better just liquidate the items and send the gold to the Justice cabal bank, that way people will make sure the pits are empty and Justices are incentivized to keep an eye on them. Maybe we could send the gold to the heralds for events, since technicaly its a donated item

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

this is similar to when I brought up the herbs because sometimes I forget which character I used to plant the herbs not because I want to multi. I am probably guilty of this as well. forget I had a lowbie die early and delete without looting only to make the character again a cpl days later and loot the pits without thinking

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

so... what about the obscure pits? I wonder how many people regularly check the Illithid pit. or even solace for that matter, these ones would be super easy to abuse and multi

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

happy to liquidate them

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

We could just have the temple priest clean them up after 48 hours.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Priests send the rares to the auction house?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject:

eh I didn't mean to pull the fire alarm I was just trying to get a barometer on what you guys thought. I dunked someone for this and he was pissed so I wanted to doublecheck. He didn't wait 2 days or anything so it's no big deal

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

I mean I have straight up left some living wood laying around for a toon in the past and got dunked for it. LIVING WOOD. I was just being straight up lazy. I am sure we have all gained something that one of your guys has had in the past. Once I got killed by Mkatos, he took some bad ass weapon off my Knight. I logged into my Legion a day later and he gave it to me. I felt like shit and ended up sacrificing them or having an invoker blow it up and getting it the normal way. I like to put in the effort to get things not have them handed to me. Winter trips and stuff of that sort are the main reason I keep coming around.

I do wish there were more end game zones that were challenging but that is for another topic and I'm sure my patience will pay off.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject:

I keep seeing the barometer thing referenced... I'm r/outoftheloop anyone care to explain? BTW how come AR doesn't have a subreddit?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:32 am    Post subject:

Vertas, I mean that imms don't really make the rules around here. The players decide what the rules are. The imms are players, and have a say. So once in awhile I need to check to make sure I know the rules correctly, like checking the weather. That's why I said "barometer". I know what the multi rule is now, but not what it should be.

Some things I can be the final say for, like how much damage a spell should have or how many vampires there should be. I don't know how that happens, and how people become the "authority" on certain systems. I'm still thinking about that.

You know what I mean, though? Some of the systems in AR are decision by committee, while other systems are owned by a specific person or group of people like Mystics or Davairus personally.

This is how I work, and not necessarily how other imms work.

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject:

hmmm Ceridwel's idea of sending pit items to the auction house if unclaimed sounds really interesting

let's bank that idea and use it for something really cool in the future

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

Ah. I really thought there was like an inside joke I was not a part of. I'm okay with auctioning stuff.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: