Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 13 hours.

[2018 Q2] Legion Abduct, Knight Dungeon, Justice snare

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: [2018 Q2] Legion Abduct, Knight Dungeon, Justice snare

Why does legion still have abduct and Knights have had dungeon removed. Also confine has been removed. The risk of being in a Cabal other than Legion or Justice is substantialy higher.

People use to fear going to Valour because a knight could confine you if you go into Cabal grounds or dungeon you if your anathema or in another Cabal I feel like all that is gone. I think Cabals should be strong that is the point. Can I get some logical feedback as to why all these things got nerfed without even talking about it with the players? Was it to OP? Someone decided to remove them and not replace them with anything. Being a Knight literally has no advantages than being non-cabaled lighty. If anything it has way more disadvantages.

Last time I played a Legion abduct was removed. That was less than a year ago. I can�t find a single post about removing it or bringing it back. Also confine was removed without notice. One day you could do it, the next it was removed. There has to be risk and reward playing a Cabal or there is no point. .

1 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Stop ignoring this please! There is a clear problem and an obvious solution.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

beia, double posting does not make your point stronger. In fact it just looks like a desperate plea for attention, its annoying and its going to get you exactly what you were so hoping to avoid - ignored. I need you to stop sounding off like the game's on fire. We're not making these changes until late March.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Knights didnt just get dungeon removed, it was replaced with something. Its super annoying too, it has all of the benefits of abduct but only about half the risk. Not sure why all the pandering... Im glad confine is gone, you try retrieving an item from a 2v1 and get fucking confined in the cabal, hard pass. Abduct still works, there is literally 2 out of the last 4 logs are of abduct

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject:

It was replaced with something useful yes, but nowhere near as annoying or good as abduct/Imprison

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

I don't think abduct is necessary and have no attachment to it. It could be removed without affecting much

we can reuse the mechanic and have abducting happen in a different way than someone using a skill on you

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Last I knew you could confine but not if you had their item capped. Or maybe not if the door guard was still there.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Confine was removed after we cheesed kato

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject:

confine got pulled with justice reworks iirc. Confine was just getting entrapped in the justice cabal except for knights. It didn't belong on that cabal

actually couldn't other cabals confine too? there was some cancerous shit where for awhile the entire pbase wanted every encounter to end in a death and were just hell bent on making that happen

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject:

phostan and I have been considering possibly to use a version of confine (a 2 tick ensnare) on enemies once you have capped their items. Cap 'em, then cap 'em.. we want these battles to conclude but not necessarily in an area where you're guaranteed to get fully looted

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject:

we might want to consider re-enabling vulturing, maybe lessen any existing penalties and make it less likely one guy gets stacked easily

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject:

confine getting removed was a dumb idea. a lot of these changes, again, are just turning people away. watching that dk justice in titanium constantly quit out to avoid dying, with the justice imms not doing anything to reprimand him was super gay. At least back in the day you had some power to police the game yourself. now quitting out to avoid death as a cabal member is just part of the game. just one more reason id never roll a cabal character ever, ever again.

then again, lorne used to quit out constantly to horde his gear so the fish rots from the head down i guess. that is just the direction the game is moving in.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject:

People quitting out of fear of death is pretty normal. If they are caballed then invade and they can’t. We should, what? Kick them for quitting the game because someone MIGHT fight them? Your anger about that topic is pretty hilarious. If someone was invaded and they quit out I’d be kicking them pretty quickly.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

So what is the difference with lets say for example, Legion caps Knight's Crown, with 2 members online, Knight logs in, tries to recover the Crown once, gets beat but does not die, recalls, hides and quits out? Do you have to sacrifice yourself trying to get the cabal item back? At least with Confine there is risk involved. I almost agree with Ottif in the sense that it feels pretty pointless playing a Cabal in the current game meta.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Wait, am i hearing this wrong beia. You're asking to let the 2 Legions confine the single lone knight entering the Legion cabal to retrieve item?

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Confine did not work if they had the cabal item. It only worked when they didn't have the cabal item. Sorry for the confusion.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

confine was stupid. If you think otherwise, you're wrong. Abduct would also be stupid if it wasn't cool looking. Both are totally cancerous moves that allow you to get free kills without skill on anyone with shittier eq than you who wanders into your cabal path. It's exactly like Ensnare in the Justice cabal, except for all cabals. It devalues Justice, cheapens the game, and kills players through no fault of their own. If you want that kind of thrill please go cheat in PUBG

The only reason I didn't fuck with Abduct is because it chunks the user's hp and it's hard to use for gangbangs

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Really the cabals just brings out the worst in our human natures. Sometimes people decide theyre going to quit, which looks terrible, or (way more shitty looking, IMO) is just sit around logged in somewhere and not bother to even try. Others are that concerned about looking bad they'd literally rather run in and die than be seen a coward. I've seen these extreme behaviors in all cabals. The bottom line is this; if you can make an attempt at getting the item back, you need to be willing to take the shot. Anything else is tactics, and its up to the cabal imm and mortal leader to decide what is illegal for their cabal to do. I would not care about quitting unless it became a pattern. This doesnt need a code change. If there is actual problem, its with what the leader is allowing

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject:

for Legion, quitting out and death marching both provide equal value to me - zero

I expect my Legions to hover around fights they can't win and wait for an opportunity to get a kill. The rule for Legion is not to stop cabal invasions, it's to kill cabal invaders. You're graded on how successful the killing is and on nothing else. Log out, no kills

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: