Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 6 hours.

[2018 Q1] Berserker fury rage mechanics

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: [2018 Q1] Berserker fury rage mechanics

Fury gauge mechanics (for example, being attached to bodyslam) and lack of passive regeneration really puts me off playing berserker ever again.

Shamans and enhanced damage?

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Roar works as intended but a minor tweak you might make would be for roar to affect all those targetting the berserker. Fury seemed to deplenish a tad tad little too quickly, and i cant remember if warcry already does what i suggest roar should do, but it would make sense too. Maybe you can distinguish the differences between dragon ancestry, let that choice determine more flavorful skill alterations/changes, but dont make it like berserker pathways bc it is religious based.

Maybe pathways for a berserker could be chosen some other way but change what DA changes now, maybe pathways could in fact for a berserker be called sub-classes, in that it doesnt necessarily customize your entire skill list, just basic skills DA does not offer. I.e. weapon choice, defenses, 2nd3rd4thattack, maybe offer 1 new skill. Just an idea

I would have liked to see more customization for pathways to all classes, but the zerker could uniquely be the first class to alter your class on the who list for a chosen subclass

Let me reiterate - DA (dragon ancestry) determines by religion perks, buffs, debuffs, altered skills. Maybe make rage the gateway to pathways(subclasses) which further entails what skills they gain and changes the Ber ppl see in who list to Bar for barbarian. Alot of maybes but i dont know where your h3ads are at and what route you wanna go, so i digress

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject:

I remember speaking to trojal about this and we had felt that it would be good to give berserkers the ability to generate fury from being hit, not just from as they output damage.

Lorne, does that change feel like it will satisfy you? I think the rest of us were all fed up of being on the other end of the geared-out mindless bodyslam spamming w/mania up. It sounds like not being able to bodyslam is a deal breaker for you though. I'd say we'll take that skill out of the fury dumping and make it an important generator instead

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

I think the fury bar should only be linked to those "bonus" skills that add extra benefit when enraged ie. Roar and warcry etc.

Not things like bodyslam and dash. I like to initiate sometimes with dash or bodyslam, and honestly cannot do that to begin. I have to murder first to build up enough fury.

Honestly when mania came in, berserkers were too buffed. I know because I was smacking people left and right without doing much. I think its just the coupled rage/mania was making it too crazy, but now with the debuff on mania, it seems relatively ok. As long as fury is only coupled with the "enraged" skills, I think can see it working out.

Attaching it to bodyslam is a huge deal breaker for me personally.

A side note on zerkers, don't really see much use for wild smash or throw. I've never used it, I guess I could try utilizing throw? But I don't see how a mage can't just flee after I throw and put up protective. I'm also losing one weapon, so my damage output is severly hindered. Never seen any of these two skills ever used. Just FYI.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if this is overpowered but what about having throw without throw shield throw a random item dependent of the room type? A rock if outside, a chair if inside. Maybe give the giant classes a small chance to throw something extremely large for a critical hit?

This game has quite a few skills that quite frankly just never get used. Is it worth it to have "useless skills"?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject:

I think zerks need the fat regeneration ticks

0 0 0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

I picked the DA where you lose mania but can do stuff you normally couldnt do while raged. Those were hobble/barrage/sideswipe/dirt/trip/lash to name a few. There are some things i remember you cannot do, and would have to spam it a little before most things worked. Sleeping while rage gave me fat regen ticks, they were very nice, because with a zerker vs any class with healing and energy scroll farmers its a skirmish u will lose if u are trying to regen on the run. You must lose them plant trophy and rest out rage for sleep.

Dash will be op without costing fury, its a gap closer with a stun and 1 round lag, usually giving the zerk time to execute 1 command. An alternative could be duplicate the costs of berserk onto it, cost mana and half mv., kind of make them have to choose which one to use, or use both, just one will not be executed at full mana/mv (better berserk using it with higher mv/mana? Idr)

Only time i ever used throw was when i was raged and disadvantaged, id throw my stuff in an attempt to correct that, 9/10 times id die. But i never have been good with zerks, but im familiar with their skill set

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

I think bodyslam should be a generator and so should taking damage. Headbutt should be usable without fury but fury needs required for dizziness/delirium. The other stuff all seems fine.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

This all sounds great. We can also add regeneration to whatever underplayed dragon ancestry spec. It can be a personal choice with a sacrifice

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

While we're on the topics of Berserkers, what about those that follow Sarich? They lose mania, and infuriate needs mania to be activated in order to be utilized. Can this be circumvented to allow them to still infuriate when they miss/get all their attacks blocked/dodged/parried?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Here's what I'm seeing with infuriate, which is slightly contrary to the helpfile:

Infuriate can build when are affected by mania and miss.

Infuriate can build when you are affected by rage and miss (stone giant legacy only).

Infuriate causes increased damage on next hit, rage/mania not required for this.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: