Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 5 hours.

[2018 Q2] Quasit vulns
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: [2018 Q2] Quasit vulns

I think that Quasit's should be vuln to wrath. Honestly guys check it out.

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Quasit

Based on the lore of the game it only makes sense. Pixies have one more str and roughly the same stats and have major vulns. Maybe we can give quasit one more str and give them some vulns.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Our lore isn't based on Dungeon Crawl. We discussed a holy vuln for quasit before their initial release and decided the 16 str was enough of a vuln. I'm open to further discussion.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

I agree they need a light/holy vuln. I don't see the 16 str holding them back much. Look at the current #1 player.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Looking at individual players isn't a valid argument in most cases. A few of our players could lead the pkstats with a race called turd that has straight 17's for stats.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

challenge accepted! could we call them turdles though... or maybe something a little less shitty

1 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

And other players couldn’t crack the top 5 with 25 strength elves.

2 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

So +1 str and Light/Holy Vuln?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Opinion here seems too split for me to feel its wise to do anything.

0 0 0
phahrdrah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Quasits have been out for... how long now? Why all of a sudden the need for this? I defer to Olyn on this one, you can't base shit like this off of individual characters.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject:

I been screaming quasit vulns since they came out. Go find the topic that introduced quasit. Immortals even said there should and will be drawbacks but everyone got busy with monks and then Druids. It’s not about you Phahrdrah it’s about balance and the game overall regardless of what side you play on. Show me another race that has that many perks, fly, dopplerganger, cause fear, 1 practice spells, long ass weapon ward, small size, Infravison.... holy fuck and no vulns. They are just beefed up avian with a few less str and evil only. If you don’t see this from a balance perspective it is simply because you are blind.

Also I have studied the lore from the abyss and underworld every single creature has holy/light vuln, what made the Quasit any different? There is no logical in game explanation for how a little demon with horns and wings that is pretty much the seed of darkness is not vulnerable to light and holy wrath.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject:

I haven't played or fought a quasit but when I was reading up on them I was surprised that they didn't have a vuln. Gut check to me says they should have one.

0 0 0
phahrdrah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject:

lol, I am all for balance, giving them a heavy vuln like holy/light vuln is pretty hefty from nothing. If anything follow our lore about them and give them a slight mental vuln as is their weakness... are they not all escaped slaves from the abyssal war? broken free of the mind control, the effects still linger.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:12 am    Post subject:

I get it man, you want things to be less challenging for you. I understand completely. Having a Wrath/Light vuln would put Quasit's on par with all the other races. Every single other race has drawbacks when it comes to stats. Quasit's just have escaped the Vuln Drawback making them superior for Evil Only casters.

Drow:
Code:
STR: 18, INT: 24, WIS: 18, DEX: 24, CON: 16
Ethos: any
Align: evil only
Resists: charm
Vulns: silver, mithril, light

Quasit:
Code:
STR: 16, INT: 24, WIS: 20, DEX: 22, CON: 18
Vulns: none
Size: small
Innates: infravision, flying
Special abilities: DOPPELGANGER, CAUSE FEAR

Illithid:
Code:
STR: 19, INT: 25, WIS: 24, DEX: 19, CON: 17
Resists: charm, mental, lightning, energy, bash
Vulns: slash, light
Commands for Illithids: CONE, LEECH

Duergar:
Code:
STR: 21, INT: 18, WIS: 19, DEX: 20, CON: 22
Resists: maledictive, magical damage
Vulns: drowning, light

Fire
Code:
STR: 25, INT: 15, WIS: 15, DEX: 16, CON: 23
Ethos: neutral, chaotic
Resists: bash, fire, slash, pierce
Vulns: mental, cold

0 0 0
phahrdrah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:18 am    Post subject:

LOL Do you even play? Do you even know who I am? I have time and time again went out of my way to fight the up hill battle. 2v1, hell, for the longest time I had Chaut and the knights working together against me. I am not worried about a challenge. I have always chosen underdog scenarios in the past too for chars, so your response is quite hilarious. I am worried about certain fights that are already a challenge. Giving me a wrath/light vuln I wouldnt stand a chance in the scenarios I am thinking. not even a wink. I'd be destroyed. a wrath/holy vuln is not the answer. To be honest, I actually wish I rolled a drow. They are completely underutilized right now with a certain mechanic, with the higher str and weapon selection things would have turned out different on a couple of my losses i think.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject:

I get it man you want to steamroll everyone you come across. You just proved my point honestly. Your argument is null considering your point of view is very biased. I play all sides all the time, and I can tell you this Quasit anything is better than any other race because they do not have a Vuln.

0 0 0
phahrdrah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject:

lol, sounds like i just steam rolled you, thats all.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject:

Lol not at all. You honestly have not killed a single one of my guys since you created. That is beside the point. Again this is not about you. This is about balance. Stop making this all about you.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:48 am    Post subject:

This isn't about either of you. Get back on topic.

0 0 0
phahrdrah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject:

I am all for balance. I'm not some deuche that just runs around with a fire giant bashing newbs in red dragon at level 15. A wrath/holy vuln isnt a nerf though, its a wrecking ball. I feel like thats going from zero to a hundred. Let me ask you this. If you are so interested in balance, if things have been going the course for years now, how is going from no vuln at all to a heavy vuln like holy/wrath. How is that balance? If it was so drastically overpowered than there would be alot more outcry, but there isnt. I feel that the garbage weapon selection, 280 lb weight. and shit hp is negative enough.

If you give them this vuln you will completely wreck the class. they would be 100% at the mercy of any paladin

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:16 am    Post subject:

That's why I proposed +1 str and adding the vuln. Drow Shaman get wrecked by any Paladin as it is currently and have less HP than a Quasit. No one complains about that though. A shaman should not be able to stand toe to toe with a paladin ever. Not to mention drow shaman have less time on weapon ward, which means more openings to strikes from paladins. Along with vulns.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: